'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Mo83. Remarkable given the lad’s history and what he had to endure to reach a safe haven that allows him to play football and gain an education .

Hi Emfae sob story dont wash with me but thanks for sharing.

Cheers to the folks who put this together each home game.

Where was Cammy's second half strike that hit the bar? And where was Fleming for their goal? From the other end I'd no idea how bad a goal that was to concede.

Saw this and thought about Montrose Community Trust, since sport plays a not insignificant role.  Especially liked the dig at the end.

Also interesting to read on Beeb website article on cost of football, that we have most expensive season ticket in SPFL 2.

Not suggesting we simply throw money at youth development but I can think of worse ways of spending money!

Howone country persuaded teens to give up drink and drugs - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-41973296

It wasn't that long ago that BBC (incorrectly I think) had Montrose as one of the cheapest days out at football in Scotland for entry, pie, tea and programme.

I pay the entry fee because I'm a fan, but I was surprised to read that 2 Prem clubs offer matchday tickets for £19 and that six Championship clubs have cheaper season ticket options than our dearest. With all the fantastic work that LPCT do in the community it would be great if they could partner with the club to engage a potentially wider fan base by looking at pricing.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

£340 for a season ticket? Surely not?

Don't think they are comparing like with like as that's the Willie J season ticket which gets you into the ground, tea and pie at half time and programme as well as use of the Willie J lounge before and after the game. Normal season ticket is £215.

Don't think they are comparing like with like as that's the Willie J season ticket which gets you into the ground, tea and pie at half time and programme as well as use of the Willie J lounge before and after the game. Normal season ticket is £215.

How much does it cost to get into the Willie J lounge? You’d think a pie, tea and a programme over the season would cost about £100.

Still seems steep, only £180 for us last year. £200 this season.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How much does it cost to get into the Willie J lounge? You’d think a pie, tea and a programme over the season would cost about £100.

I suppose if the folk are willing to pay for it every year then they must be happy with the price otherwise it would just be opened up as a bar for everyone.

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You pay for quality at Links Park, not the dross you get at Gayfield ;-)

I think a more fair comparison is the cost at the normal turnstile which includes seating in the main grandstand (but not the WJ lounge which has refreshments, live Tv etc.). Until recently at Links Park this was £12 but £6 for seniors etc. For the Annan game last week it was £13 and £7 which is more in line with what some, but not all, other L2 clubs have already done. Price of a programme at some other clubs is more than LP as well but few are better. I go to almost all away games and other things elsewhere are in most cases more expensive than at LP, such as a pie and coffee/bovril, such that I just don't buy them. I don't get a season ticket as I miss a few home games because I live a long way away but I'm surprised when the lad above says his cost £215. At 18 league games times £12 that is £216 but the reason might be that cup games are included in the season ticket price and I'm fairly sure the two League Cup group games were at least so that might not have been the case with other clubs our prices are being compared with.

Did the £200 at our friends in Arbroath include the two league cup games?

I think a more fair comparison is the cost at the normal turnstile which includes seating in the main grandstand (but not the WJ lounge which has refreshments, live Tv etc.). Until recently at Links Park this was £12 but £6 for seniors etc. For the Annan game last week it was £13 and £7 which is more in line with what some, but not all, other L2 clubs have already done. Price of a programme at some other clubs is more than LP as well but few are better. I go to almost all away games and other things elsewhere are in most cases more expensive than at LP, such as a pie and coffee/bovril, such that I just don't buy them. I don't get a season ticket as I miss a few home games because I live a long way away but I'm surprised when the lad above says his cost £215. At 18 league games times £12 that is £216 but the reason might be that cup games are included in the season ticket price and I'm fairly sure the two League Cup group games were at least so that might not have been the case with other clubs our prices are being compared with.
Did the £200 at our friends in Arbroath include the two league cup games?

If it includes the cup games then that’s pretty good then actually.

Ours doesn’t include cup games.

Season ticket price includes the first home game of the three cups that we contest.
Although clearly a home game cannot be guaranteed each season.
With the Early Bird offer and introduce a friend, my season cost me £170 this season.

Sounds good.

One friend down now though??? [emoji6]

Archived