'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

What's everyone thoughts about Gary Fraser,gone in january or stay and fight for his place.
I reckon Fraser time is up at the mo in all honesty he has been a good bit of bussiness from hegarty and holt but think its time to move on.
Dont think he has been nowhere near as clinical as he has been especially in the first season.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's everyone thoughts about Gary Fraser,gone in january or stay and fight for his place.
I reckon Fraser time is up at the mo in all honesty he has been a good bit of bussiness from hegarty and holt but think its time to move on.
Dont think he has been nowhere near as clinical as he has been especially in the first season.

Think he will move on and Arbroath will be among the teams looking at him.

I'd be tempted to keep him, he has a proven scoring record but hasn't featured much this season due to injury. With this likely to be Sanny's last season, I would prefer to have an experienced goalscorer up front than rely on a young(ish) striker.

Is there actually any substance to this or are you just guessing?

We’re in for another striker whilst Doris is injured, so not sure why we’d want Fraser too?

Guess work and a little bit of drunken chat to the lad ha ha, can see it happening as dick clearly has no faith to start him and he must be getting pissed off now.
Fraser still gives his all when he is on no complaints about that at all theirs just something no right, deep down i think he wants to move on himself wherever it maybe...if it does happen.
When you look back at his first season he was scoring for fun.Since templeman has came in he has been playing second fiddle which is dissapointing as i honestly thought they two would work well togthere but it's just not clicked for whatever reason.

Guess work and a little bit of drunken chat to the lad ha ha, can see it happening as dick clearly has no faith to start him and he must be getting pissed off now.
Fraser still gives his all when he is on no complaints about that at all theirs just something no right, deep down i think he wants to move on himself wherever it maybe...if it does happen.
When you look back at his first season he was scoring for fun.Since templeman has came in he has been playing second fiddle which is dissapointing as i honestly thought they two would work well togthere but it's just not clicked for whatever reason.

Hester is happy at Arbroath, I know he’s not starting but I’m not sure he can complain too much when the other options are Doris, Denholm, Swankie and McCord in the front 2. He’s getting a chance off the bench and doing quite well, still young.

I don’t know if Fraser is getting the wrong idea because we took him on loan or what but hopefully this isn’t true.

Hester is happy at Arbroath, I know he’s not starting but I’m not sure he can complain too much when the other options are Doris, Denholm, Swankie and McCord in the front 2. He’s getting a chance off the bench and doing quite well, still young.

I don’t know if Fraser is getting the wrong idea because we took him on loan or what but hopefully this isn’t true.

Im not saying hester is not unhappy at you lot just think he might come if he gets the chance.Fraser gave a interview to your tv station where he basically said he really enjoyed it etc thats what made me think he could be gone to you lot.would prefer skelly for Fraser to be honest but he is out injured at the moment which is a shame.

Our inability to put games to bed when we're on top is going to be our downfall this season. Crossbar twice and a great save second half but we have to put more chances away. Two points dropped today.

5 hours ago, jd_mo said:

Our inability to put games to bed when we're on top is going to be our downfall this season. Crossbar twice and a great save second half but we have to put more chances away. Two points dropped today.

Absolutely right. We are not scoring enough goals. We should have been out of sight before Annan got into their stride and they had chances to win it in the end. Would have been a travesty but did they improve or was it us taking our foot off the gas again? Hope the injuries to CJ and Terry M are not serious but at least it's not a league game next Saturday so they could have a couple of weeks rest. Thought Annan were a niggly time wasting lot but can't complain as they basically got what they came for and that wasn't to just let us roll them over. 

1 hour ago, the philosopher said:

Be  honest  guys. Were Annan any good ?

No.  Long balls from keeper was their main playing tactic.  As was indicated earlier time wasting was also high priority.  Keeper booked for this eventually.  However it got them a very fortunate, unexpected and undeserved point.  If they play like this at home supporters will be cheated by the lack of entertainment.  A stronger referee would have used yellow cards earlier in the first half and Annan end up with more than one sending off.

Frustrating game yesterday montrose had alot of the ball without creating too many clear cut chances.Annan a big strong solid unit as per usual.
Fraser unused yesterday aswell crying out for a goal 100% his time is up at montrose.

Some interesting points from MO7S’s posting above. When Murphy was initially appointed at Annan he openly suggested that he would play a style of football that he learned as a player at Blackburn Rovers in where they played a containing game but swiftly made the most of the chances that came their way leaving the opposition perplexed as to how they may have dominated but got nothing from the game. Yesterday, just might have been evidence of this ethos starting to click into shape.
Some may have opinions against this style but ask Cowdenbeath or Edinburgh City fans what they would prefer at the moment, points or pleasure ?
Let’s not forget that Annan were almost destroyed as a football team when Chapman left. He took nine player with him to add to the two Clyde got the previous season. This is a major talking point in all league two boardrooms this year.
Murphy was aware when he accepted the job at Annan that, at the time, he had only four players to work with. He has assembled a team made up ostensively with youngsters from the local youth and under twenty leagues .
Annan have a remarkable player called Rabin Omar. Rabin is now looked on as an Annan veteran. He is twenty years of age.
Murphy has worked wonders in firstly, getting a team but also to have these kids ( and they are kids) to graft and embrace a system that sees them go to places like Montrose and nick a point and from what I have been told, it could have been three.
Let’s not decry these kids for working hard.

Some interesting points from MO7S’s posting above. When Murphy was initially appointed at Annan he openly suggested that he would play a style of football that he learned as a player at Blackburn Rovers in where they played a containing game but swiftly made the most of the chances that came their way leaving the opposition perplexed as to how they may have dominated but got nothing from the game. Yesterday, just might have been evidence of this ethos starting to click into shape.
Some may have opinions against this style but ask Cowdenbeath or Edinburgh City fans what they would prefer at the moment, points or pleasure ?
Let’s not forget that Annan were almost destroyed as a football team when Chapman left. He took nine player with him to add to the two Clyde got the previous season. This is a major talking point in all league two boardrooms this year.
Murphy was aware when he accepted the job at Annan that, at the time, he had only four players to work with. He has assembled a team made up ostensively with youngsters from the local youth and under twenty leagues .
Annan have a remarkable player called Rabin Omar. Rabin is now looked on as an Annan veteran. He is twenty years of age.
Murphy has worked wonders in firstly, getting a team but also to have these kids ( and they are kids) to graft and embrace a system that sees them go to places like Montrose and nick a point and from what I have been told, it could have been three.
Let’s not decry these kids for working hard.

Rabin omar "remarkable" easy now tiger!

Archived