'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

Our original thread is now so long you could make a quilt out of it so here's a new one...

Good start to the league season for the Mo with a fine away win against Edinburgh. Main worry is the injury list though - already! Anybody got any insight into who's still crocked and who will soon be back?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EssexExile said:

Our original thread is now so long you could make a quilt out of it so here's a new one...

Good start to the league season for the Mo with a fine away win against Edinburgh. Main worry is the injury list though - already! Anybody got any insight into who's still crocked and who will soon be back?

Masson and Watson should be available next week as they had suspensions hanging over from last season I think. On the injury front young Matty Allan was back in the starting line up yesterday but he'd be better at centre back alongside Dillon than at right back where he was filling in. On that position we could really do with Ballantyne back on loan. I know it's unlikely but he was only on the bench at his own club yesterday and he really needs games to progress his very promising career - even in L2. Redman will be back in full training next week so should start to push for a starting place soon. Kerr Hay will be available next week. Gary Fraser might be out another week. Bolo is out until mid October then has to regain his muscle strength and fitness. Not sure about the injuries to Ferguson and Cavanagh.

On the plus side yesterday Callaghan and Johnston I thought had their best games so far and McLaren up top was impressive. I think we should straightaway extend his monthly contract. He has good body strength and pace all of which you need to play up top in this division. Stenny will be a hard game next week but we need to get more points out of home games so next week is a good time to start.

Not the best way to start off the season but there are always some injuries to contend with. I agree that Cammy would be a brilliant loan signing again but I saw him against us for DU and I didn't get the impression he wasn't fitting in there! Bolo is a big miss for us in my opinion and we need him back pronto.

The result yesterday was great... a win against Stenny would be brilliant too. I still say we should be going for the league this season. We need to aim high and believe we can do it. Play offs would be a consolation prize.

Agreed with above posters... Excellent to have him back for a full season! Really impressed we have managed to get him ahead of League 1 clubs. Can't wait for settled CB partnership so that he and Steeves can get back to bombing up and down the park for 90 minutes.

Cammy is the best prospect I've seen in years and the lad without doubt needs to be playing football not farting about on a bench for weeks on end. He got an international cap last season so this is hopefully the piece in the jigsaw Montrose need to kick on this season. If McLaren can carry on his impressive form up front and Bolo gets back from injury I'll be going to games expecting to win rather than just hoping. That'll make a pleasant change. Back line of Ballantyne, Dillon, Allan or Bolo, Steeves sounds good.Bring it on. 

Archived