Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

12 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Jim Duffy in tonight's Evening Times very up beat regarding your performance at Dumbarton just a bit unfortunate not to get the goal. The player you signed from Falkirk also sounded up beat in his interview. Maybe this will be a close game. 

He was worried he'd spin that line about Dumbarton: hopefully that's just the public face he's putting on it and knows fine well that the performance was nowhere near good enough. Had we played well, created a lot and just not managed to score thanks to excellent goalkeeping/defending then fine, that happens and it's hard for a manager to legislate for that. In reality we had absolutely no control of the midfield, the players had no idea what they were supposed to be doing hence we spent most of the game punting it aimlessly, while five players stood still in line with Dumbarton's defence failing to compete for second balls after the hoofs were easily mopped up, and our only clear cut chance came from a defensive error, with one half chance coming from a bit of skill from Forbes out wide and the rest all being speculative shots which were never going in.

It was a dreadful performance and if we repeat it on Saturday it's going to be messy.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say messy. We were never in bother on Saturday and rarely stretched or tested even with a midfielder filling in at centre half.

We just weren't very creative going forward. 

Sure to be sorted when Prince Gary Greenock slaloms back into his quarter back berth. :whistle

Its absolutely shambolic that the club has not put anything on the official site regarding tickets/Fan cards etc. There hasn't been a mention of fan cards in about 2 weeks.

Its 3 days before the game and no one has a clue how to purchase a ticket for our biggest home game of the season. Sinclair St will be a  riot on Sat

Hold your head in shame Morton. 

FWIW, I have a season card so I am one of the lucky ones but its the fans looking to buy tickets who i really feel for. 2 of my Celtic supporting mates said to me last weekend that they would come down to the game with me and asked how they get tickets. I shouldn't be saying "I've no fecking idea" Good chance they prob wont come now.

58 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

800 away tickets sold so far. Should nudge over the 1,000 mark by Saturday, I guess.

Perhaps lower than potentially could be if folk are still away.

I take it you're using "still away" as a euphemism for "still inside" ?

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

There's nowt like celebrating like you've won the world cup, when in fact you've just scraped a draw against the worst St Mirren side in history.

O'Ware just loves scoring against the Midden  

47 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I wouldn't say messy. We were never in bother on Saturday and rarely stretched or tested even with a midfielder filling in at centre half.

We just weren't very creative going forward. 

Sure to be sorted when Prince Gary Greenock slaloms back into his quarter back berth. :whistle

You'll need one of those big cranes that used to sit in the docks to manoeuvre him into his starting berth.:whistle

This is how I imagine we will line up come Saturday.

Gaston

Doyle
Lamie
O'Ware (hopefully)
Russell

Forbes
Tidser
Murdoch
Thomson

Harkins
Quitongo

I can imagine Harkins being brought straight back into the team which is unfortunate. Tam is wanting to make it back but if not it'll be Barr/McManus replaying him. 1-1 McHugh with our goal.

58 minutes ago, McG said:

Wonder if we will have a new striker in the squad for this game.

:lol:

I love it when you 'wonder' things. 

50 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I take it you're using "still away" as a euphemism for "still inside" ?

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

Didn't you bring down close to 2k for our last fixture in which you battered us? 

Pissing of rain, midweek - i'd have expected similar if not better this coming Saturday?

1700 of them were Falkirk fans on a pilgrimage to see Rory Loy.

4 minutes ago, TurbineTon said:

Didn't you bring down close to 2k for our last fixture in which you battered us? 

Pissing of rain, midweek - i'd have expected similar if not better this coming Saturday?

Paisley Fair - lots on their holidays just now but we should still bring your biggest Away crowd of the season.

Archived