Morton v st mirren Renfrewshire Derby

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

There must be something even more wrong with the Falkirk squad then... :rolleyes:

Don't worry - I'm sure we'll pump your lot anyway, so we won't need to have a crisis of confidence about our squad. :angel

Perhaps...

10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I can only tell it like it is....... :rolleyes:

Joking aside, it does seem you're pretty decimated, and I'm sure that fact won't be lost on our management team. I think we'll go all-out. We played 2 up top when there was far more at stake in April: it paid off and I see no reason not to do that again. Expect pressing, pace, width and movement from the same team that started against Falkirk: Sutton playing the big man role, while Reilly, Morgan and Smith buzz around him. McShane and McGinn sitting in and orchestrating. Stelios being Stelios.

I absolutely believe you'll score at some point though. We're not really a 'clean sheet' sort of a team.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Joking aside, it does seem you're pretty decimated, and I'm sure that fact won't be lost on our management team. I think we'll go all-out. We played 2 up top when there was far more at stake in April: it paid off and I see no reason not to do that again. Expect pressing, pace, width and movement from the same team that started against Falkirk: Sutton playing the big man role, while Reilly, Morgan and Smith buzz around him. McShane and McGinn sitting in and orchestrating. Stelios being Stelios.

I absolutely believe you'll score at some point though. We're not really a 'clean sheet' sort of a team.

Pretty much everything missing from our game on saturday. 

No pace, creativity and far too static all over the pitch. Not sure how we'll cope with that against you on Saturday, tbh. 

Fear a pumping. 

I don't think St.Mirren fans will be allowed in the cowshed. It didn't stand the test of a diddy club like Ayr - i, for one, don't see any issues arrising should the burners be housed next to us in the cowshed.....

I'll bring a few gingie bottles. 

Anyway, back on topic - I'd be delighted with a score draw. Another last-minute equaliser would be sweet.

Shame game potential is already high. The least they can do is allow a melee at the mesh.

Both teams to score due to goalkeeping errors. Gaston to out-clanger Samson leading to a 1-2 win for the burners.

this thread seem to be lacking the usual roasters are they in hiding until the weekend then we'll have smug face after smug face from either side.  i suppose we should just enjoy some constructive talk between the fans before the floodgates open.

Hoping we have a big crowd for the first derby of the season and the biggest game  the championship has to offer this year!!

I'm pretty pleased with our team at the moment, a few to come back from injury, but covered in most positions and played really well against Falkirk on Saturday (aside from the first 20 mins)

I'm always wary of playing a rival when they're fans are feeling like this pre-match. All the talk on the training pitch this week will be about getting "reactions" and "putting things right". I still think we're the better side on balance, and I think we're capable of winning (convincingly if everything clicks) but Morton will be dangerous and we'll need to be on our game. 

35 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

i don't know which one is worse to be honest

Out of gammy, PMD and Willie Collum? PMD is just a bit simple (though did get shortlisted for 'worst Morton Poster' with two different aliases, which is pretty fucking special :lol: ).

I assume gammy is still maintaining his low standards. I've never encountered anyone who wears their stupidity quite as proudly. He actually makes the forum a worse place, but still, is harmless enough once you've got him on ignore.

Willie Collum, on the other hand, is a c**t of the highest order and can f**k right off. Might see what odds I can get about Stelios to get sent off. I feel like he might be due one.

Out of gammy, PMD and Willie Collum? PMD is just a bit simple (though did get shortlisted for 'worst Morton Poster' with two different aliases, which is pretty fucking special [emoji38] ).

I assume gammy is still maintaining his low standards. I've never encountered anyone who wears their stupidity quite as proudly. He actually makes the forum a worse place, but still, is harmless enough once you've got him on ignore.

Willie Collum, on the other hand, is a c**t of the highest order and can f**k right off. Might see what odds I can get about Stelios to get sent off. I feel like he might be due one.

[emoji2] I thought you literally meant getting a gammy [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Disastrous entry system to the ground, followed by an absolute slaying. 

Get yer mortgage on it (Need not apply to those from Paisley). Giro will suffice. 

Your right but ss have neither a morgage nor a gyro Im heading to the bank to cash one of my ISAs

27 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Is this all-ticket or just for St Mirren fans? Pay-at-the-gate home end?

At the moment, home fans aren't able to buy tickets OR pay at the gate. We may be watching it from the car park.

Archived