• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Your friend is an apologist for bigotry and utter fucking vermin. Why any right minded person would associate with these sickening cretins is beyond me. 

That is one way to look at it.  Another view is why let others define you and take something you love doing away from you because they are a bunch of weirdos? She supports the team not the fans! She goes to games, she watches her team play a game of football then she leaves, goes home and goes about her day. That's it.  Maybe I have a different view because half my family support them and I know they are nothing like the things I encounter when I go to Ibrokes to watch my team.   I'm not saying I personally wouldn't think about stopping going if Hibs fans suddenly started acting like them, but a part of me would definitely consider the fact that a section of my own support, the vast majority whom I don't know personally, doesn't reflect who I am as a person. 

That is one way to look at it.  Another view is why let others define you and take something you love doing away from you because they are a bunch of weirdos? She supports the team not the fans! She goes to games, she watches her team play a game of football then she leaves, goes home and goes about her day. That's it.  Maybe I have a different view because half my family support them and I know they are nothing like the things I encounter when I go to Ibrokes to watch my team.   I'm not saying I personally wouldn't think about stopping going if Hibs fans suddenly started acting like them, but a part of me would definitely consider the fact that a section of my own support, the vast majority whom I don't know personally, doesn't reflect who I am as a person. 

There's a guy at my work who grew up in Aberdeen and refers to himself as a proud Aberdonian but he supports Celtic because of his religious background. It's not cool.

1 minute ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

There's a guy at my work who grew up in Aberdeen and refers to himself as a proud Aberdonian and supports Celtic because of his religious background. It's not cool.

Yeah, I would agree, football should have nothing to do with religion, but there is a difference in that and the likes of my friend/family who support the **** because it's their local team.  Trust me when I say that none of them are religious or sectarian. I don't like that they support them and I would prefer that they didn't but it's not up to me at the end of the day!

I've got a friend who's exactly the same, she goes cos it's the team she was brought up supporting, she hates that whole element of the support and used to chum me to Easter Road when they were away and even now still has a bit of a soft spot for us, unless it's against them obviously.  Even though she was gutted they lost the final she tried to stay behind to watch us lift the cup but had to leave because of what was happening around her.  We went back to hers afterwards, she congratulated us and we got pissed, good night had by all!! My mums side of the family are all rangers fans too, but that's basically cos they were all brought up in Penilee so it's their local team, they can't stand the sectarianism but they do buy into the paranoia sadly, it's always someone else's fault when they don't win.

A hefty case of the friend zone here.

When the **** come calling in December i want to see a display like the green brigade yesterday saying "you'll do fuckin nuttin" in relation to the keyboard warriors that say Hibs fans are getting done every time we meet when in actual fact, rangers run. 

I can't really say all Rangers fans are bigots because it doesn't ring true with my experience of meeting them. I could confidently state that most of the Rangers support is utter pondlife but there definitely is normal minded, tolerant individuals in there. I've known a few folk who sound similar to the examples given.

I don't really get it though. I've been amongst Hibs fans singing stuff that I think is wrong. Each of those things have eventually been eradicated and they aren't the whole identity of the club. Couldn't imagine going to Rangers games and remaining enthusiastic about such a scummy club.

4 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I can't really say all Rangers fans are bigots because it doesn't ring true with my experience of meeting them. I could confidently state that most of the Rangers support is utter pondlife but there definitely is normal minded, tolerant individuals in there. I've known a few folk who sound similar to the examples given.

I don't really get it though. I've been amongst Hibs fans singing stuff that I think is wrong. Each of those things have eventually been eradicated and they aren't the whole identity of the club. Couldn't imagine going to Rangers games and remaining enthusiastic about such a scummy club.

I don't know how she does it either tbh, I've seen her get annoyed with a lot of things their support does, but I try not to get into it with her cos it just leads to arguments!! My uncles are still fans but they don't go to the games anymore because of something the club did, don't know the exact details but it was something about paying a lot of money for a seat then having it taken off of him without any communication from the club......

5 minutes ago, LeeHFC said:

I don't know how she does it either tbh, I've seen her get annoyed with a lot of things their support does, but I try not to get into it with her cos it just leads to arguments!! My uncles are still fans but they don't go to the games anymore because of something the club did, don't know the exact details but it was something about paying a lot of money for a seat then having it taken off of him without any communication from the club......

How you doin'?

Archived