23 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

Then you have Pedro coming on TV blaming the ref. Fine, a key decision went against you at a semi crucial time. The fact, Rangers collapsed to Hibs going a man down in such a dramatic way suggests to me that Pedro will be gone, probably by xmas, but maybe next summer if he can win the league cup. I don't think Pedro has the ability to beat Celtic, but the squad has enough quality to maybe get second in the league. But if Rangers fans think that today was a blip, you are banking on no setbacks whatsoever like injuries to key players and staunch refereeing for the season.

Despite what some folk seem to think, most Rangers fans don't expect us to win the league this season.  I do, however expect to finish second and closer to Celtic than last season.  We look a stronger team than last year, although we don't have cover in certain positions, which is a worry.

edit: edited for nitpickery

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Despite what some folk seem to think, no Rangers fans expect us to win the league this season.  We do, however expect to finish second and closer to Celtic than last season.  We look a stronger team than last year, although we don't have cover in certain positions, which is a worry.

So 'club 2012' don't speak for you but you seem to speak for every other rangers fan!!

There are plenty who predicted you to win the league, I've seen it on several occasions.

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Despite what some folk seem to think, no Rangers fans expect us to win the league this season.  We do, however expect to finish second and closer to Celtic than last season.  We look a stronger team than last year, although we don't have cover in certain positions, which is a worry.

Probably not something you want to consider but the way Rangers have set up under Caxinha reminds me a bit of Celtic under Deila. When you have the ball and are attacking you have a lot of options going forward and can look decent, especially if you get the first goal, but as soon as you lose the ball there is zero shape or organisation and the full backs are at the wrong end of the park leaving the opposition free to hit on the break with men to spare. Celtic got away with it for the most part but the early signs are that Rangers won't.

Has anyone noticed that pre split, Rangers will play Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen at Ibrox twice. This will mean that if all 5 make the top 6 then one of us will need to go to Ibrox a third time. That'll go down well if there's a title challenge or a fight for second/ Europe.

The worst thing is, Rangers Media is an accurate portrayal of about 70% of their support.

Angry, self-entitled, bigoted, violent losers.

Any 'moderate' supporter gets shot down within seconds.

A truly frightening insight into the core of the Sevco support.

14 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Has anyone noticed that pre split, Rangers will play Celtic, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen at Ibrox twice. This will mean that if all 5 make the top 6 then one of us will need to go to Ibrox a third time. That'll go down well if there's a title challenge or a fight for second/ Europe.

You're assuming The rangersco will also be top six. Possible, maybe even probable, but by no means guaranteed.

I've seen better, much better Killie teams than that lot. They may look good on paper, but it's not translating to results or performances. If they are a distance off the pace come Christmas, they are again faced with keeping a failing manager or drafting in someone new (and the barrel must surely be nearly scraped clean by now) and asking them to motivate a squad signed by Pedro to play Pedro's way.

Personally, I think there'll be more than a few threads like this one during the season - maybe even one gaining legs on the back of a Lee Erwin hat-trick...

Club Legend[color=#235A9B !important] 11,933[/color]18,694 postsGender:MaleLocation:StrathavenPosted 21 hours ago21 hours ago, five stars said:After browns successful appeal last season it's worth appealing every red card.TV pictures were not conclusive, as you couldn't see contact as he moved his head forward.You also have to take into consideration the fact he had just been strangled by the same player!Didn't an Aberdeen player push his head into Garners forehead then face last season and didn't get a red? 

Post on RM about Jack and the red card, wasn't the Aberdeen player he's taking about also Jack?? Therefore saying Jack should get off with it cause Jack has done it before and got off with it.

Club Legend[color=#235A9B !important] 11,933[/color]18,694 postsGender:MaleLocation:StrathavenPosted 21 hours ago21 hours ago, five stars said:After browns successful appeal last season it's worth appealing every red card.TV pictures were not conclusive, as you couldn't see contact as he moved his head forward.You also have to take into consideration the fact he had just been strangled by the same player!Didn't an Aberdeen player push his head into Garners forehead then face last season and didn't get a red? 

Post on RM about Jack and the red card, wasn't the Aberdeen player he's taking about also Jack?? Therefore saying Jack should get off with it cause Jack has done it before and got off with it.

In fairness to a few of them on *** media, they don't even think they should appeal the red card after seeing the other angle which was omitted from the *** TV screening and first seen on Sportscene. There's also a few who said at the time that they'd seen it and thought it was a red card.

Despite what some folk seem to think, most Rangers fans don't expect us to win the league this season.  I do, however expect to finish second and closer to Celtic than last season.  We look a stronger team than last year, although we don't have cover in certain positions, which is a worry.
edit: edited for nitpickery

do you expect to finish second based on the team that you have seen so far?

or do you expect to finish second given the backing that pedro has had?

i think that the latter us reasonable but the former is optimistic.

i expect the dons to finish second. based on that's what i want.

Archived