Ur No, Ur No, We're .....

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Astonished that an Ayr fan could forget 96/97. The year of Horace, purple/green shirts and winning the title on foreign soil. :wub:

In my defence I was 16 and couldn't really be classed as an ayr supporter at that stage. I only really got going when I went to uni and realised the attachment I had with the town (whereas until that point I just wanted away from ayr).

My dad had taken me to Somerset quite a bit when I was a wee boy (6, 7 ish - the Sludden and Templeton years). But he stopped taking me and I followed peer pressure and started supporting rangers (although this is the loosest definition of the term 'supporting'. I was taken to ibrox once as a birthday present).

I should note that when it comes to following football teams my dad is a holier-than-thou arsehole. He classes himself as a 'football' supporter and really doesn't bother if ayr or Scotland lose. He's the type applauding an opposition goal from the home end.

My ayr united journey. Fin.

Stocked up every bit of cupboard space with southern comfort lads you are welcome pre-match for the Shire away starts here. 

You better not have moved my incontinence pants! They were in the larder next to the vaseline and the baby wipes.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

You better not have moved my incontinence pants! They were in the larder next to the vaseline and the baby wipes.

Oh they were yours, can we at least talk about this? 

4 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Massively underrated player in his time at Raith.

Same at Ayr, though I think he only had one or two seasons with us. Willie Jamieson and Henry Smith were also part of that team. And Paul Smith, who you are probably less keen on.

Please, Raith fans, don't do this. We are top of the league. Raith are not.

I think Raith will win the league, and possibly quite comfortably, but don't be precious here. You're not Morton fans - you're better than that.

If/when Raith take over then feel free to enjoy yourselves. Same with any other supporters.

Archived