Title Race

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YMCA 1 Nithsdale 3 - very spirited performance from YMCA who only started to believe in themselves when they were 3.0 down. They took heart from a well struck goal and finished the game very much on the front foot, with Nithsdale happy to see out the time any way they could. As stated in a previous post YMCA are very young and fit team. They will certainly get some results this season if they can keep up the effort they are showing at present.Good to see....

Went to St Mary's yesterday to take in the Derby between St Cuthberts and Threave, there was a few main talking points that I took from the game, 0-4 to Threave which in the end reflected the last half hour because of incidents but not the game as a whole,there was an horrendous tacke on the St Cuthberts keeper by the Threave forward the subsequently retired the keeper from the game,although Threave were 0-2 in front at this point it was the tipping point of the game,to be fair Threave played to their strengths quite direct into strong strikers who are experienced at this level against what looks like the opposite in the St Cuthberts defence, young, inexperienced and maybe untried at this level,Threave deserved their win but through circumstances rather than general play,After reading paper quotes and general chit chat about St Cuthberts I got what I expected,their a good passing side and like to play football maybe taking chances at times and look well coached,but maybe that's not conducive for this level of football because most games I've seen have been more of a direct nature of play, but overall Threave deserved their win they look like a ready made team St Cuthberts look like a team in transition and work in progress.

Took in some South action last night at King Edwards Park, Lochmaben vs Lochar Thistle, very disappointed in the game as a neutral, what was on show was two ends of the league spectrum, Lochmaben struggled and going by previous results leading up to this game might continue to be very inconsistent this season, never really got any sort of stranglehold on the game,Lochar have pace in the wide area which they tried to use at every opportunity which Lochmaben couldn't deal with, to be fair a very one sided game and although it finished 0-9 which looks quite convincing on paper Lochmaben never really made lochar work for the points I'm sure there will be more testing games for Lochar over the course of the season,what Lochar do seem to have now is that Lowland league quality of player which you can see has made a big difference to their squad,another 3 points for Lochar but not the best of footballing games maybe because it was so one sided, I'm sure Lochmaben will get their fare share of wins because they do have a few decent lads.

Patiently waiting for the pro carrot brigade to come on here and defend 4 defeats from 4. 

The latest a defeat to a club that had no manager until a week or two before season starts whereas saints had all summer to plan and prepare and of course a budget to throw about which Heston don't have.

How can people defend what is happening to saints who should be challenging at the top end.

ym above saints in the league. What a time to be alive 

Archived