Title Race

2 defeats from 2 for saints means probably only afford 1/2 more defeats all season if they realistically want to challenge for title. Yet still to play Newton , Lochar and Threave.  Hard to think a team with as big a budget as anyone could be out of title by the time the schools go back. Canny wait for folk to come on and defend carrot!!!   be very surprised if saints have same management team by Christmas. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reserves unlucky today against title favourites lochar. The youngsters without 6/7 key players but it never stopped them from near snatching the point at the end of today. Callum Scott and trialist were the scorers. 

Yes granted it's been a tough start but Gingerbread! Agueroooo! And Oor wee Eddie export no heard fae him fur a while must be to busy upsetting a lowland league dressing room noo haha, you guys seen to have a hate for Saints or a hate fur the carrot lad cos you's love giving them both pelters only you's ken why but it's no heard tae work oot,no the start we wanted but they'll git time tae git it right, there trying tae put there own stamp on the team which takes time,as for them getting sacked I think the club as faith in them fur the long term, to be honest who's better????nice tae see the management calling the shots no the players, Saints will be fine.

Cant speak about St Cuthberts performance today because I was at Lockerbie taking in Lochmaben vs Threave Rovers but last week when at St Mary's I saw a very fluent St Cuthberts team playing some very nice football with unfortunately no reward, today at Lockerbie both teams struggled to get the same fluency,but I've also watched local Lowland league sides this season and I feel the standard has dropped in both leagues dramatically in this region.

11 hours ago, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

Yes granted it's been a tough start but Gingerbread! Agueroooo! And Oor wee Eddie export no heard fae him fur a while must be to busy upsetting a lowland league dressing room noo haha, you guys seen to have a hate for Saints or a hate fur the carrot lad cos you's love giving them both pelters only you's ken why but it's no heard tae work oot,no the start we wanted but they'll git time tae git it right, there trying tae put there own stamp on the team which takes time,as for them getting sacked I think the club as faith in them fur the long term, to be honest who's better????nice tae see the management calling the shots no the players, Saints will be fine.

Not got a hate for saints or carrot. Just passing comment on a 'talking point' in the league. Saints expect to challenge for title and to attract best players in the league. It seems this year with the back 4 they are fielding that it is no longer the case. Hardly a sign of hate when all your doing is stating the obvious. Perhaps the carrot fan club should avoid the forum when times are bad. Might not see them for a large part of the season !!!!

I've followed the southern counties or south of Scotland league as it's currently known now for more years than I care to imagine,and to be honest being on a forum such as this is the last thing I thought I would see my self doing, but after reading it for a long time without comment I felt why not have my tuppins worth,I also follow and watch games in the north of England and Scottish junior level, what I've found especially in the Dumfries and Galloway area is that the mentality of the people involved in the game is exceptionally negative and worryingly abusive, I think that though is partly our make up and the way we are as a nation we are negative people who like nothing more than to slate teams or individuals rather than applaude, for example you have a team with no disrespect in YMCA who turn out every week and get beat but people don't slate them people patronise them by saying "oh well done we commend you for keeping trying" why is this it's because there not a threat to anyone,but on the other hand you get a young manager trying to just do a bit in the game we're talking about the carrot lad here who in my opinion on talking to individuals the lad has a hunger, passion, and knowledge of the game, granted St Cuthberts are going through a stage of re-ogmentation at the moment which every club does it just gets highlighted more because of who it is,managers also like to be in their comfort zone to garentee success this lad seems to like a challenge,so do we like that in him no we say"he's this he's that he's the next thing" to me that jealousy, fear to give recognition and again the way we are as a nation kick them down,also what I find in this small niave area is that clubs are very cleiky they seem to stick to what and who they know as in players or selecting a management team, in the central belt and other areas this is not the case,individuals get jobs on merit not on you've married my daughter fancy managing my football team,the game in this region is deteriorating at an alarming rate because of most of the issues I've expressed above,hope you've enjoyed my little Sunday rant, I'm off to some Sunday League action.

Gingerbreed ye say yer only commenting on a talking point but it's from  yer own negative point in the first place your talking aboot Haha,it's you and the other usual suspects that make them aw the time and if ye look back your comments are 90% aboot the same thing, if ye were a fan then you wid have  genuine comments but with you it's just a hate issue, yer Saints and carrot obsessed let it go and South Fan yur spot on big fella

16 hours ago, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

Calm down carrot

15 hours ago, South fan 2 said:

Give teams a chance early days players on holiday. Saw lochar v stranraer today lochar should have been out of sight but credit to stranraer for hanging in there.

Totally agreeable, lochar should of had chances took and which could of ended the game. But you look at the game yesterday Stranraer sat with 13 players then an injury in first 10 minutes switched team about. Missing 6 players who started in win over Creetown and another 3. A team with youngest 16 and oldest 22 yesterday. Then Gary mccoutchen came on. A full sided Stranraer team would of gave that lochar side a run for there money. Maybe an off day for lochar but if they play like that over the course off the season teams will beat them. A lot of good players in there team and did have good spells but just a personal opinion. Wish them luck for rest of season 

Unfortunate yesterday that a depleted Saints took on a spirited Bonnyton side really keen to christen their new pitch with a win. Uncharacteristically showing their opponents too much respect, a makeshift Saints midfield a wee bit out of sorts and shape gave away the flanks too easily and set the defence up for a busy afternoon against a good, young, well drilled fast attack.  But for some first rate defending, quick thinking and timely cover, 4 would have been more. Indeed reports to the detriment and demise of the Saints rearguard are greatly exaggerated with the back line seen to be full of heart, trust and energy, keen to turn defence into attack.  On the flip side Saints again could have been at least 3 up themselves at half time, just like last week, if the early pressure and chances had gone their way, adding to a slick penalty from Dolly and an absolutely cracking strike from Blair.  Signs are good that this new Saints team, managers and players, are not far away from clicking.

Well well it a good evening from him and a good evening from me the big CO has finally made it clear he's under the pressure and as for the upsetting dressing room there is no bigger up setter than you and now it's finally sinking in you don't really what it takes to take the big job going on as if you. Know your stuff KNOT

32 minutes ago, Bigdunc said:

Well well it a good evening from him and a good evening from me the big CO has finally made it clear he's under the pressure and as for the upsetting dressing room there is no bigger up setter than you and now it's finally sinking in you don't really what it takes to take the big job going on as if you. Know your stuff KNOT

Few Sunday afternoon pints for Bigdunc the day..........Haha

Archived