Scores 5th August

ash

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another vale supporter did not know glens were down to ten, decent game today Vale started very bright and deserved went two up but holding on dearly late in the game.....different result from cambuslang game on Wednesday not surprised that the mom that night was cambuslang keeper and echoed again by Cambs manager in the times at four down Vale had many chances to score but failed to take them......after today not much tween Camby and the glens rest of the group games should be interesting....good luck to both teams for the rest of the season"..........

...after today not much tween Camby and the glens...

That's an interesting comment given the difference in the results. I was at Cambuslang v Vale on Wednesday night but I wasn't at today's game as I'm on holiday in Northern Ireland. Having spoken to several Glencairn fans, though, I'm told we were particularly poor compared to our normal.

Another vale supporter did not know glens were down to ten...

How come so many Vale people at the match didn't see an opposition player getting a second yellow card ? I got two texts instantly, so our boys didn't miss it. Unless they're winding me up....

This thread shouldn't pass by without mention of Petershills 7-0 win against Shettleston. In all my years watching football I've never seen a better start than 5-0 after 11 minutes. The prolonged biblical downpour slowed the game until half time and the second half passed by until two goals in the last two minutes an apparent worldy by undoubted man of the match Chris Hall. I say apparent as I was outside the park collecting a ball and missed the last two goals. If there's a better footballer around the juniors than a fit Chris Hall then somebody better point me in his direction because on his game the big man is different class.

This thread shouldn't pass by without mention of Petershills 7-0 win against Shettleston. In all my years watching football I've never seen a better start than 5-0 after 11 minutes. The prolonged biblical downpour slowed the game until half time and the second half passed by until two goals in the last two minutes an apparent worldy by undoubted man of the match Chris Hall. I say apparent as I was outside the park collecting a ball and missed the last two goals. If there's a better footballer around the juniors than a fit Chris Hall then somebody better point me in his direction because on his game the big man is different class.

Don't get too carried away with a decent result against the biggest shambles in junior football ; probably a hundred better players than your man you mentioned , calm doon ffs shettleston are a shambles.

35 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

I went into the loo just before the seventh goal...apparently goal of the season already

5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Don't get too carried away with a decent result against the biggest shambles in junior football ; probably a hundred better players than your man you mentioned , calm doon ffs shettleston are a shambles.

Aye nae bother pal. I'm sure there are teams in Ayrshire year in year out that are in a worse state than shettleston appear to be after two games this season. I'm sure shettleston will improve as the season goes on but on today's performance big C. Hall was outstanding. If you ask meadow or ashfield fans over the last few seasons I'm sure they will tell you how good he is. 

Am sure he was just stating what actually happened in the game and not trying to big peasy up for the season and imo a fit Chris hall is the best player in the juniors by a country mile.

5 hours ago, bc57 said:
Lanark 2 Forth 2
A game we threw away against a team who by all accounts have had an excellent pre season.
Deservedly 2 up on 35 minutes but Forth pulled one back just before ht with an excellent goal by Willie McLaren from nothing.
A deserved straight red for our guests on 76 minutes but they still equalised with 3 minutes left.   McLaren swung in a free kick way from out on the right, bounced through a crowd of players into the net. 
We missed a one on one with the keeper, an indirect free kick just outside the 6 yard box plus another excellent chance, all in the 2nd half.
We have very meagre resources. The legend that is Shug departs for Ireland this week. Our young squad will miss his battling qualities.

Noo that informed info

Blackburn United 4 Downfield 1

Down 0-1 at HT, Burnie powered past Downfield in the second with two from Johm Drummond and one each for Andy McQuillan and Darren Fleming, the last two coming in injury time.

With The Bankies not having a game today and as I live locally popped along to watch this one. Blackburn were poor first half but were much improved after the break and deserved the win - 4-1 probably flatters them but they were worth the points. Impressed with the home captain Chris Young? Who I thought had a fine game as well as full back Drummond who got Burnies first two goals.

Excellent programme as well - well done to all involved in its production . It's great to see Blackburn performing so positively - they are an excellently run club - my daughter plays for one of their U11s sides - I wish them all the best for the rest of the season and will hopefully be able to watch them again at some point in the coming months

12 hours ago, theshed said:

yes was a great goal ,skipped by several players then a delicate chip over keeper.

Shettleston on the other hand where poor and It's shows they have had no pre season and need to bring some quality into team 

Took in the Troon v Girvan game yesterday . First time in ages at Portland Park . What a great facility for junior fans .

Great pint and pie and a smashing local derby as well with Girvan winning it late on . Fantastic free-kick opener for the Troon lads .

Looked like a young Troon team v a much older Girvan team , good fitba being played from both sides .

Definitely go back for a game , friendly well run club . Well done Troon .

Graham Gracie is a cracking player, a goal and two assists there, looked effortless.

Why's he never played at a higher level? He seems 2 score alot of goals every season for larkhall. Wouldn't mind my club having a look at him

Mon the papers

Archived