Beith juniors topic 17/18

classof2010

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 7 games in 13 days you can’t ask people to go to them all plus dates getting changed 3 away games in 7 days plus a home semi final is a lot for any support this is the best away support we have had in 30 yrs we had a decent one late 80s early 90s until talbot nicked our manager n half our team ????????????
[emoji23][emoji122]

Dennis?

The fact is that it is ludicrous that any games are being played in June and the whole level needs sorted and streamlined to survive as of any interest to anyone.I know shake ups are on the cards so let’s progress and make our grade or new grade appealing.Its football in the raw supporting your own local team-and not sitting on your butt or jumping a mundane supporters bus glory hunting the old firm-even more laughable when you live in a village many miles away and closer to other senior clubs who you should be backing.

The fact is that it is ludicrous that any games are being played in June and the whole level needs sorted and streamlined to survive as of any interest to anyone.I know shake ups are on the cards so let’s progress and make our grade or new grade appealing.Its football in the raw supporting your own local team-and not sitting on your butt or jumping a mundane supporters bus glory hunting the old firm-even more laughable when you live in a village many miles away and closer to other senior clubs who you should be backing.
Ludicrous statement. People don't choose to follow a team just because they stay nearby. They choose it because they have a choice. Quite a few Talbot supporters stay in cumnock so that mocks your statement my friend

1 hour ago, Talbot 78 said:
6 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Ludicrous statement. People don't choose to follow a team just because they stay nearby. They choose it because they have a choice. Quite a few Talbot supporters stay in cumnock so that mocks your statement my friend

People have freedom of choice to support who they like but for me scottish football would be much stronger in the longer term if people generally supported their local community team. The droves of people who travel from all over the country to watch the old firm weakens local teams and local communities.

12 hours ago, classof2010 said:

We don’t have villages like that all towns have teams the 2 near beith are tiny and yeah most of them support beith if they support anyone but places like Catrine mauchline etc are far bigger

Lochwinnoch,  Stewarton or Dunlop  are nearby but have no junior teams, although Luchinyeoch have a good a amateur  side.

I mean...who in their right mind, as a junior fan, would pick to watch two Iberian national teams live in another foreign country over watching Beith v Petershill in Tinto park? :whistle

Yes people can choose whoever they want to support but Scottish football would be a far better place if there was much more encouragement and credibility given to supporting your local side through the media and other channels.Sadly the media portray the Old Firm as the sexy thing to do/follow as if no  other clubs or levels are worth bothering about and that is the battle junior and non league football has to fight all the time.And in addition unlike the Ayrshire junior sides with local village community followings we know only too well how difficult it is when one half of the Old Firm is the closest senior side geographically.

Yes people can choose whoever they want to support but Scottish football would be a far better place if there was much more encouragement and credibility given to supporting your local side through the media and other channels.Sadly the media portray the Old Firm as the sexy thing to do/follow as if no  other clubs or levels are worth bothering about and that is the battle junior and non league football has to fight all the time.And in addition unlike the Ayrshire junior sides with local village community followings we know only too well how difficult it is when one half of the Old Firm is the closest senior side geographically.
You'd be surprised how many folk on East Ayrshire follow both the old firm so your plight is understood

16 minutes ago, Talbot 78 said:
24 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

You'd be surprised how many folk on East Ayrshire follow both the old firm so your plight is understood

Which is very sad considering the large number of successful junior and senior clubs a lot closer to them than distant unconnected clubs in a city 35 miles away.

I know more people that support English (Always the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd, never Tranmere or Torquay) sides than Scottish teams. That’s the biggest problem with Scottish football. For all their faults, at least OF fans are putting money into the Scottish game.

4 hours ago, Redbrae said:

Lochwinnoch,  Stewarton or Dunlop  are nearby but have no junior teams, although Luchinyeoch have a good a amateur  side.

I mean...who in their right mind, as a junior fan, would pick to watch two Iberian national teams live in another foreign country over watching Beith v Petershill in Tinto park? :whistle

Who is the good amateur team in lochwinnoch? 

44 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I know more people that support English (Always the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd, never Tranmere or Torquay) sides than Scottish teams. That’s the biggest problem with Scottish football. For all their faults, at least OF fans are putting money into the Scottish game.

I suspect they are of the sky/armchair variety rather than ever watching Man U or Liverpool but on my travels throughout the UK on business I do think that notwithstanding the tv/celebrity/default easy team to support sides throughout England and Wales-including the non league sides I have watched -get much better and bigger  support locally than Scottish teams.Fans in Brighton or Southampton or Newcastle,Leeds,Birmingham,Burnley etc are much more interested in backing their local teams than the superstars of Chelsea/Man City etc and turn out in very impressive numbers.

Sorry this is a bigger debate and has moved away from the original point somewhat of backing and being proud to back your geographically local team.

Archived