Beith juniors topic 17/18

classof2010

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Heard that Beith got more money for winning this cup than they did for winning the league!

I think the prize money is the one and only reason it's tolerated.  it's a pointless waste of time otherwise.  

so i was spot on with the crowd in my pre forecast estimate  see my other post on the crowd size

said i & other 5 neutrals would have gone but not to a ground with no cover /plastic

and spain v portugal but the beith supporter thought they would take excess of that plus the petershill support

lives in cloud cuckoo land  no neutral would go

so i was spot on with the crowd in my pre forecast estimate  see my other post on the crowd size
said i & other 5 neutrals would have gone but not to a ground with no cover /plastic
and spain v portugal but the beith supporter thought they would take excess of that plus the petershill support
lives in cloud cuckoo land  no neutral would go

The weather was a big issue as well we have only been in the final once before it was at old petershill park and the crowd was closer to 1000 that day but I’m sure it was a Saturday or maybe even a Sunday and it was good weather

15 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

The weather was a big issue as well we have only been in the final once before it was at old petershill park and the crowd was closer to 1000 that day but I’m sure it was a Saturday or maybe even a Sunday and it was good weather

Nicotina; you're second sight is fantastic. But is you're point?  This season there were several games too much for many teams!  Beith have a small support, generally, but were certainly in the majority last night and also trying to create some atmosphere against the constant din of the motorway traffic! All teams follow the money and thanks to the Evening Times for sponsoring the cup. But it was a game too far for fans! As for the weather....it was dry last night, and there was more fans at Wedensday's Hurlford game in dredful weather conditions. However, how a park in Scotland can have no cover...??:thumbsdown

Playing 4 times a week near enough over the last 2 weeks has probably cost our most die hard fans the best part of £150 if you take everything in to consideration. For most it was one game too many.

People of Beith and surrounding area, need to get out there and support you're local team...like Talbot fans! It's seems that half our support come from out of the town, and there seems to be an lethergy for going to  Beith games. Where's the 3000 fans now from the 2016 cup final? There's hardly 10% of  that total even attend BIG games!! Don't think the world cup made a big impact last night!

As one of the Beith guys I know said, it was an expensive couple of weeks to be a Beith fan if you were paying full whack to get in plus travel costs. 7 games since June 2nd with 2 of them finals at £8 each. The biggest problem last night was the game on TV, one of the biggest ties of the opening stage.

People of Beith and surrounding area, need to get out there and support you're local team...like Talbot fans! It's seems that half our support come from out of the town, and there seems to be an lethergy for going to  Beith games. Where's the 3000 fans now from the 2016 cup final? There's hardly 10% of  that total even attend BIG games!! Don't think the world cup made a big impact last night!

I understand the plea for the external fans to turn out for Beith but the difference between them and Talbot is we have the fanbase that grow up with Talbot in their blood. You just have to look towards Wullie Lyle and Shankland whose family members played and supported the team.

Families and traditions throughout the years with linked connections where as Beith is a small town which is close to Glasgow.

As much as Beith is a good club they will never match the gravitation of The Talbot. EPPP

[emoji4][emoji106]

5 minutes ago, Talbot 78 said:

I understand the plea for the external fans to turn out for Beith but the difference between them and Talbot is we have the fanbase that grow up with Talbot in their blood. You just have to look towards Wullie Lyle and Shankland whose family members played and supported the team.

Families and traditions throughout the years with linked connections where as Beith is a small town which is close to Glasgow.

As much as Beith is a good club they will never match the gravitation of The Talbot. EPPP

emoji4.pngemoji106.png

You are right. Still disappointing! 

There is no team east of auchinleck til u get to hurlford and none between auchinleck and Ayr with a lot of villages n towns in between all the towns in north ayrshire have teams

There is no team east of auchinleck til u get to hurlford and none between auchinleck and Ayr with a lot of villages n towns in between all the towns in north ayrshire have teams
True, but Talbot include them as their own. Do Beith ?

We don’t have villages like that all towns have teams the 2 near beith are tiny and yeah most of them support beith if they support anyone but places like Catrine mauchline etc are far bigger
Beith have a healthy support anyway. Just keep winning and the fans will come. Pretty sure apathy kicked in with the et cup as its a non trophy tbh.

Beith have a healthy support anyway. Just keep winning and the fans will come. Pretty sure apathy kicked in with the et cup as its a non trophy tbh.

It was 7 games in 13 days you can’t ask people to go to them all plus dates getting changed 3 away games in 7 days plus a home semi final is a lot for any support this is the best away support we have had in 30 yrs we had a decent one late 80s early 90s until talbot nicked our manager n half our team ????????????

Archived