Musselburgh Athletic 2017/18

Benny The Fish

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total faith it will be on. ????

That's what I like about you JC! You're always positive about all things good with Fauldhouse; apart from when you are negative!?

Hope your optimism is justified as I can't wait for the match to kick off! Who wants the alternative of watching 2 roses against each other!

That's what I like about you JC! You're always positive about all things good with Fauldhouse; apart from when you are negative!?

Hope your optimism is justified as I can't wait for the match to kick off! Who wants the alternative of watching 2 roses against each other!

Seeing the work put in this week by everyone I'm confident it will be on and my boys have a task of matching the hard work off the pitch

Why did they not just switch the game?

Why should we when there's a strong chance it's on. We have worked hard all week to get it on at home and we are confident it will be on. It was in worse condition for the Scottish cup game against bonnyrigg so imo it has every chance of being on

Why should we when there's a strong chance it's on. We have worked hard all week to get it on at home and we are confident it will be on. It was in worse condition for the Scottish cup game against bonnyrigg so imo it has every chance of being on

But if there is a chance it's going to be off(there must be as there is an inspection tomorrow) then why take the chance? You need to play both home and away anyway.....

Just a question

But if there is a chance it's going to be off(there must be as there is an inspection tomorrow) then why take the chance? You need to play both home and away anyway.....

Just a question

Like most clubs we need home games to survive we went a fair run on the road. And the club have put countless hours in this week to get it on at home. I believe it'll be fine I think the inspection is a precaution

9 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

Our supporters bus (29) is full - plus folk in cars heading through. Looking forward to it JC. But mind and no get sent off this time emoji23.pngemoji106.png

Match day, and probably game of season so far in Premier league as 2nd plays 1st.

Benny, hope your squad is ready and waiting at 12.15 for bus, and in full voice to cheer on the Burgh as we travel to take on The Hoose. Can’t wait!

Match day, and probably game of season so far in Premier league as 2nd plays 1st.
Benny, hope your squad is ready and waiting at 12.15 for bus, and in full voice to cheer on the Burgh as we travel to take on The Hoose. Can’t wait!

Safe journey through lads [emoji106]

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

C’mon now Toffee, The Hoose is never the place to be! Unless you’re wearing a helmet and full body armour.

Confirmation I have the correct gear on BU! The big dugs are already in the car in case of ambush!

All best against Broughty!

Confirmation I have the correct gear on BU! The big dugs are already in the car in case of ambush!
All best against Broughty!

We need ‘all the best’ just now! The way things have been going there’s a fair chance we could be trading places come the end of the season.

First time I  visited Park View was around 1987.  At that time, I knew the treasurer of Fauldhouse, who gave me a few history lessons of days gone by; including some great victories,  and some massive crowds, when compared to today.

Then, fans used to stand right next to the touch line, and the place could be seen as intimidating for opposition teams to come to. However, I’ve been back a few times between then and now and I am struck by what a friendly welcome you receive when entering the ground.

So, I was surprised today when approaching the ground,  to hear the sound of a gruff voice, which bellowed CASEY JONES, YOUR BARRED! luckily it was my pal, the gateman, so all was well. He told me there was genuine concern this morning that the game may not go ahead, so, all credit to the hard working member should of Fauldhouse for getting the game on today.

Another thing I learned today, is that Fauldhouse is 740 feet, above sea leve, and as Park View seems to be sited above the high street, then maybe a few more feet can be added to that figure;  hence the reason why on days like this, without committee members (and others?) a few more game days like this,could be void of matches. I salute you all!

34 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

First time I  visited Park View was around 1987.  At that time, I knew the treasurer of Fauldhouse, who gave me a few history lessons of days gone by; including some great victories,  and some massive crowds, when compared to today.

Then, fans used to stand right next to the touch line, and the place could be seen as intimidating for opposition teams to come to. However, I’ve been back a few times between then and now and I am struck by what a friendly welcome you receive when entering the ground.

So, I was surprised today when approaching the ground,  to hear the sound of a gruff voice, which bellowed CASEY JONES, YOUR BARRED! luckily it was my pal, the gateman, so all was well. He told me there was genuine concern this morning that the game may not go ahead, so, all credit to the hard working member should of Fauldhouse for getting the game on today.

Another thing I learned today, is that Fauldhouse is 740 feet, above sea leve, and as Park View seems to be sited above the high street, then maybe a few more feet can be added to that figure;  hence the reason why on days like this, without committee members (and others?) a few more game days like this,could be void of matches. I salute you all!

Yes Casey I remember 1987 very well indeed! Glad todays visit to Park View enlightened and extended both your historical and geographical knowledge.

Thanks for saluting the committee men who all did wonders in getting the game on, people forget just how extreme, unique and individual the weather can be at the Hoose at times. Anyways always good to welcome the merry band of Burgh fans through who always seem to enjoy their visit and The Howff! That's what junior football is all about. 

IMO a draw was a fair result...the Hoose should've been a few goals up at half time (possibly even game over by then?) but once the Burgh got their fortunate equaliser they did create a few good chances ....so game of 2 halves again! Given the heavy park I thought  both teams served up an entertaining game and the ref also had a good game! 

Just a pity you didn't head back home with a really sore hand mind you!! Go the Hoose and the Burgh!!!

Archived