Weekend Betting

Slacker

2 hours ago, Proposition Joe said:

Went for Montrose early in the week at 11/10, expected them to maybe go off evens or slightly odds on, but no real movement yet.

Yeah I'm the same -- expectintg Montrose to be a shade odds-on by kick-off.

I dislike having bets carry over to Sunday, but the Saturday prices don't have much value.

I used to have a bad habit of leaving "the change" in online accounts. If I had a return of £258.45, I'd draw out the £250. If the bookie had nothing I fancied for a few days, I'd get fed up looking at the £8.45 and stick it on a stupid mug bet. This was especially easy to do on Betfair.

I no longer do that, but no funds in an account means no Livestream. I stuck £20 in Bet365 about a fortnight back, so I could watch something crap on their site. Not a bloody thing I've fancied since then that Bet365 have been best price on. 

I'm getting very itchy with the urge to throw the £20 at something.

These bookies are cunning wee scrotes😕.

I've the same views as everyone else. Montrose, Falkirk and the Arabs.

Tempted by Alloa, but they're flaky... & I'm not sure Clyde's midweek cup loss to Founded July 2021 FC can be taken at face value.

36 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Idle punt. Should leave the SPFL & League Cup well alone today.

I note Dundee are in from 31/20 when I was toying with backing them last night to 13/10 now.

20210814_125953.jpg

£50 on that treble is quite the gamble. Good luck. 

On 13/08/2021 at 16:08, Proposition Joe said:

Went for Montrose early in the week at 11/10, expected them to maybe go off evens or slightly odds on, but no real movement yet.

Nice to both beat the closing line and win. Not sure what price they went off at, will check tomorrow when the resource sites get updated.

This week’s example of wrong odds features Queen’s Park who are 6/4 or even 7/4 (McBookie) to win at an Alloa side who are not the force of recent seasons under the “leadership” of Barry Ferguson. 

If they kick off at anywhere north of 7/5 I will be very surprised. 

14 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

This week’s example of wrong odds features Queen’s Park who are 6/4 or even 7/4 (McBookie) to win at an Alloa side who are not the force of recent seasons under the “leadership” of Barry Ferguson. 

If they kick off at anywhere north of 7/5 I will be very surprised. 

Backed them at 7/5 when odds first came out, expecting it to shorten straight away. They were as long as 9/5 at one point for some reason. Now as short as 11/10 with best price 8/5.

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Backed them at 7/5 when odds first came out, expecting it to shorten straight away. They were as long as 9/5 at one point for some reason. Now as short as 11/10 with best price 8/5.

9/5 is crazy.  I think most bookies price games based on a rating system of clubs as a starting point.  To the detached observer, they probably still rate Alloa as a lower-end Championship level side.  This is where P&B is useful:  a few pages on the Alloa thread and you can tell how disillusioned they are with BF's management so far. 

Saying that, I had £20 on Stenhousemuir last weekend at 3/1.  They kicked off at 2/1 and I was all proud of myself but they still lost so it mattered f**k all in the end.  Hopefully QP can do the business this weekend and actually earn us some money.

😡B@$t@rd!

First World Problems🤓!

Laptop just went off. No power. Looks like the cable's f***ed. I'm sure I've a spare somewhere... but it's not in the shoebox of spare leads, chargers, cables, adaptors, batteries, etc. 

I better not have run out of almond milk for my cappuccino😠... or organic vegan spread for my avocado on toast😱!

It's fiddly trying to do stuff on a wee phone screen.

Meanwhile, in Zaire... and Yemen... and Afghanistan this week🙄

Anyhooo... I should be leaving well alone when I fancy the square root of feck all, but I've made a donation to Betfair. 

Disgraceful that I didn't donate it to a charity in the field in Afghanistan. What a c**t, eh? Next thing you know, I'll be voting Tory😲.

20210821_122448.jpg

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
typo

Would be nice to spot value and actually get a winner.... this week I already see Forfar chalked up at 10/11 most places.  Again I can't say for sure they're going to beat Stranraer at Station Park but I'm also close to certain that price won't last. 

Forfar looking pretty decent so far this season while Stranraer -- who have downgraded their squad somewhat on last season -- are looking pretty shambolic at the moment.  Just watched an interview with their manager who looked utterly broken while claiming any team who gets into the final third of the pitch against them looks like they're going to score.

Obviously they could come out fighting or Forfar might get complacent, but, unless there's a Covid outbreak in Bridieland, that 10/11 won't last.

On 23/08/2021 at 09:55, BinoBalls said:

Would be nice to spot value and actually get a winner.... this week I already see Forfar chalked up at 10/11 most places.  Again I can't say for sure they're going to beat Stranraer at Station Park but I'm also close to certain that price won't last. 

Forfar looking pretty decent so far this season while Stranraer -- who have downgraded their squad somewhat on last season -- are looking pretty shambolic at the moment.  Just watched an interview with their manager who looked utterly broken while claiming any team who gets into the final third of the pitch against them looks like they're going to score.

Obviously they could come out fighting or Forfar might get complacent, but, unless there's a Covid outbreak in Bridieland, that 10/11 won't last.

This also caught my attention when skimming through the fixtures last night, as did Hibs at home to Livi. 

Not sure Patrick Thistle should be 8/11 or 4/6 at home to Morton today? Not that Morton are world beaters by any stretch but I suspect the two clubs are of a similar standard and as such I wouldn’t have Thistle clear odds on for this. 

Pleasing at least to see Forfar cut to 8/13 most places for today.