Weekend Betting

Slacker

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Strathspey Thistle at 13/5 with McBookies away to Huntly looks like good value. They seem to have recruited well, Huntly not so much so, and held Elgin City to a 2-1 defeat in a preseason friendly. Not much to go on but I think anything over evens would be a good price.

Cue 5-1 home win. :1eye

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

Apparently a bunch of Hamilton first team players have covid and the bookies still have Albion at 10/1.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

Clyde are 5/2 to win at Cappielow to likely win the group, against a Morton side that are already out and will be rotating the team for pre-season fitness (not helped by a Covid lockdown). 

All up at half time. :(

Two great value prices available now which will probably be much shorter by the time 3pm on Saturday comes:

Kelty are 5/6 with SkyBet & BetFred to win at home to Cowdenbeath.  Considering Kelty are odds-on to win the league, I'm not sure why they are 5/6 for this game.  I think the price will be nearer 1/2 by kick-off.

Queen's Park are 7/5 most places to win at East Fife.  East Fife fans are as pessismistic as any following their league cup showings.  I would make QP about 4/5 for this one.

Not promising both Kelty & QP will win, but I'm sure the current odds are value.

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Two great value prices available now which will probably be much shorter by the time 3pm on Saturday comes:

Kelty are 5/6 with SkyBet & BetFred to win at home to Cowdenbeath.  Considering Kelty are odds-on to win the league, I'm not sure why they are 5/6 for this game.  I think the price will be nearer 1/2 by kick-off.

Queen's Park are 7/5 most places to win at East Fife.  East Fife fans are as pessismistic as any following their league cup showings.  I would make QP about 4/5 for this one.

Not promising both Kelty & QP will win, but I'm sure the current odds are value.

Kelty are already there... 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

Aye I just saw that!  Just shows how wrong the initial price was.

Yeah, it was a good spot. Not that confident that they'll win though, certainly at the current odds, Cowdenbeath had a pretty impressive League Cup.

Speaking of going too far, I think the 9/2 on Falkirk at Cove seems a bit long now as well. You'd think that their squad had been culled by the bubonic plague, rather than just some professional athletes sitting in the house for ten days and a handful of them being out of contention for a league match, which happens every other week during the rest of the season.

I seem to recall Cove folding like a crap Ukrainian deckchair against Falkirk at home last season as well so would not be surprised at all if there was an away win, compared to that price. 

This is of course coming from the chump who expected Clyde to beat Morton last week - but these longish punts should pay off... eventually.

Edited by vikingTON

7 hours ago, virginton said:

Speaking of going too far, I think the 9/2 on Falkirk at Cove seems a bit long now as well. You'd think that their squad had been culled by the bubonic plague, rather than just some professional athletes sitting in the house for ten days and a handful of them being out of contention for a league match, which happens every other week during the rest of the season.

I seem to recall Cove folding like a crap Ukrainian deckchair against Falkirk at home last season as well so would not be surprised at all if there was an away win, compared to that price. 

This is of course coming from the chump who expected Clyde to beat Morton last week - but these longish punts should pay off... eventually.

5s now. I think we'll get horsed but if it gets any longer I'll maybe have a couple of quid on it.

Surely good value with 3 Asian cards at 1.9 odds in the Killie v Ayr game tonight. Expect it to be a fiery game.

edit: Don Robertson is the ref and has averaged 1.66 cards in his games so far this season. Not great I suppose but I still think the above has a great chance of at least getting the cash return.

Edited by Toby Marsh

Aye.

McBookie a standout 20/21 about Killie... That price may be a wee jibe at Killie🤣 and may put some fans off. Like Kamberi having #23 as his Rangers number. Some Gunt really ought to have #51.

Parent firm BetVictor go 19/20. Everyone else is shorter. I'm still tempted by 5/6 Killie.

However... After last week's resounding 0 for 3, I'm looking at an Ayr, Pars, Sons, Cove😮, Loons combination of some sort. All fairly comfortably odds against. Maybe ten £5 trebles and an acca🤔.  Might be a greedy mug and just go £10 x 5 for an any 4 from 5 perm🎣🤯

Fancy Killie at EVS against QoS who have lost 4 out of 5. Killie still gelling but good result last week. Also really fancy over 2.5 goals in Dunfermline v partick game. Both score but both conceed. 10/11 good price. Id have it a in lot lower than that. In

Dumbarton seem a big price after a great win last week and Airdrie getting a skelping too, The Sons are a better team than last year.

I very rarely tip my own team but over evens for Forfar at Home to Edinburgh City seems a good price too, we've started OK whereas Edinburgh have made a lot of changes and seem to be finding their feet.

Kelty 🤠💷🤡💜 11/10 at Stirling. 

I like Stirling as a day out (especially at this time of year, when the bloody students aren't there) and I like them as a club... but I think their League Cup performances have made bookies price them up very cautiously. In terms of coupon price, I'd say they're the most over-rated team in the SPFL - but I'd've said that before they beat Stenny last week.

This could be the last time Kelty go off at odds-against in a league game this season - though they're at Forfar next week, so they'll have to impress today to be odds-on there.

Worth a bet to beat the Binos today.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth