Weekend Betting

Slacker

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've probably put the curse on Fort and Strathspey, but Fort have got 9 (nine) players on loan from ICT, and Strathspey have strengthened well. Keith and Turriff have been struggling. That's all really. If I got a tip from me I wouldn't think about betting on it though.

That's more than enough info thanks. Pays yer money takes yer chance and all that. You'll no get any grief from me if I do back them 👍

Falkirk (-1) v Montrose (6/5)
Peterhead v Dumbarton (7/10)
Cove (-1) v Cowdenbeath (5/4)

Treble pays 7.42/1. If you're feeling a little braver and fancy all with the handicap then Peterhead (-1) is around 7/4 and boosts this to 12.61/1. 

Edited by Duffy_

Got Peterhead at 4/5 when odds first came out, now down to 4/9 which I’d be wary of. Dumbarton are absolute gubbins but Peterhead have had the lowest shots (even behind Dumbarton).

They did well defensively against Falkirk but we were pretty awful. Not seen any of their coverage against East Fife game.

I expect them to win but there will be better value 4/9 shots out there.

Celtic -3 on the Asian handicap above evens is madness. 3-0 you get your money back, higher you win. Poor result in midweek but they’ve scored 7 past St Johnstone, 5 past Motherwell and 3 past Cluj, three teams better than Dunfermline. It’s not a slight against Dunfermline, I’d expect Celtic to score at least 3 against any championship team and unsure whether they will have the fire power to get a goal at parkhead despite a defence that has conceded 6 in the last 2 games.

Week 1 - @12.92 - Hibs W; Ayr Utd W; Cove W; Falkirk D  = - £2.00

Week 2 - @5.62 - Kilmarnock L; Inverness CT W; Falkirk W: Cove D = -£4.00

No full card this week so just went for a League Cup pick, and League One and Two.

Pish odds but I can make back my losses if it comes up!  PS - Probably need to stop picking Falkirk and Cove.

Week 3 - @3.33 - Livingston, Falkirk, Cove.

Got Peterhead at 4/5 when odds first came out, now down to 4/9 which I’d be wary of. Dumbarton are absolute gubbins but Peterhead have had the lowest shots (even behind Dumbarton).

They did well defensively against Falkirk but we were pretty awful. Not seen any of their coverage against East Fife game.

Celtic -3 on the Asian handicap above evens is madness. 3-0 you get your money back, higher you win. Poor result in midweek but they’ve scored 7 past St Johnstone, 5 past Motherwell and 3 past Cluj, three teams better than Dunfermline. It’s not a slight against Dunfermline, I’d expect Celtic to score at least 3 against any championship team and unsure whether they will have the fire power to get a goal at parkhead despite a defence that has conceded 6 in the last 2 games.

Aye it pays to put bets on early in the week.

Got county at 11/8. Now 10/11
Raith at evens. Now 17/20
Airdrie at 11/10. Now evens
Peterhead at 4/5. Now 4/9

On a roll from the weekend's successful picks I'm highlighting the early value in goals for the Hibs v Morton cup tie this Saturday. The Morton team right now is capable and very direct going forward but a makeshift, shambolic rabble at the back - it is therefore allergic to shitfesting matches. Our first six games this season have seen a ridiculous 33 goals, with the 4-0 defeat at Motherwell being the lowest scoring outcome of the lot. 9/5 for over 3.5 goals is very generous indeed on the basis of those facts.

You’re very welcome.

3e91654d-a89d-43c2-b358-c29eaba8d5d0.jpg

On 12/08/2019 at 15:23, virginton said:

On a roll from the weekend's successful picks I'm highlighting the early value in goals for the Hibs v Morton cup tie this Saturday. The Morton team right now is capable and very direct going forward but a makeshift, shambolic rabble at the back - it is therefore allergic to shitfesting matches. Our first six games this season have seen a ridiculous 33 goals, with the 4-0 defeat at Motherwell being the lowest scoring outcome of the lot. 9/5 for over 3.5 goals is very generous indeed on the basis of those facts.

Cue a wild 0-0 shanner then. 

I had £10 on this, was standing in a queue to the bar at Doncaster races and saw it was a winner before half time...Nice work ya c**t ye 

Edited by BinoBalls

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

At one point it was looking rosy. Peterhead and cove both 2-0 up, ross county 1-0 up and falkirk 2-1 up. Then..:

Yup, similar to me. Was getting close and then all fell away.

Had a fourfold done by a late Kenny Millar equaliser for Partick too. Typical Saturday! 

Gambling, it’s a funny old game.

49 minutes ago, virginton said:

Banking on a Fort William team that hasn’t won a league game since 1992 probably wasn’t the best shout IMO.

Motherwell, Forfar and Hamilton didn't turn out too well either. Still, as long as you remember your over 3.5 tip.

On 16/08/2019 at 11:59, virginton said:

Motherwell fans seem to have other ideas on the match thread but I think they look excellent value at 17/10 at home to Hearts tonight. Motherwell's record in the cups under Robinson is very good, while Hearts have been totally useless away from home all calendar year, didn't look any better than that when getting overrun by Ross County at home last weekend and have had Naismith ruled out as well. Perhaps Levein can shitfest to ET but if Motherwell get the opening goal you can only see one winner. 

Forfar are a tempting bet at 9/2 at home to Livingston - they've got a pretty strong side at the moment and I don't think it would be a massive shock if a bottom-six side like Livingston crashed out up there. Hamilton seem ridiculously overpriced at 6/1 to beat Kilmarnock away as well, some bookies must think that Steve Clarke is still in charge. 

Edited by welshbairn

I said that they were good value and stand by all of them: indeed Hamilton’s extra time defeat underlines how truly ridiculous their 6-1 odds were to win the match.

You on the other hand thought that evens - a 50% likelihood - for Fort William of all teams to win was somehow a superb bet, just because they signed a few ringers from Inverness and *lost* their previous games regardless. A mug’s bet if ever there was one.