Weekend Betting

Slacker

15 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Following last week's successful hat-trick of selections, all odds-against and all of which shortened significantly in price before kick off, it again shows the advantage of betting before the weekend is upon us.

• This weekend I'm really expecting Forfar to dispatch Stranraer at 8/11.  They were 5/6 the other day but I think they'll come in a bit more before kick off.
  • Edinburgh (Evens) took a pasting at rampant Cove last weekend, but they're much more reliable on their home plastic and Brechin could take a good few weeks yet to find their feet following an entire squad transformation.  I predict Edinburgh will kick off at around 8/11 so Evens is worth snapping up with bet365 while it lasts.
  • Arbroath probably won't win away to Inverness, but I disagree that they should be as long as 5/1 with bet365 to win against opposition who are struggling to find any flow at all at the moment.  They'll probably kick off around 4/1.  One of these situations where you're backing a side you still think will lose, but over a long period if you keep hitting value like that you will be in profit.
  • Lastly Elgin are far too big at 16/5 to win away at Annan.  I'd still make Annan slim favourites, but Elgin will surely kick off nearer the 2/1 mark.  They're looking like a decent side this season at last whereas Annan, despite beating troubled Brechin 1-0 last weekend, have regressed since the previous campaign.

Now sit back and watch all 4 selections collapse to defeat.

Big variation on odds for these, the singles are definitely worth shopping around for.

A £1 fourfold returns £50.91 with Mcbookies, £55 with Skybet, £55.53 with Paddy Power and a whopping £80.52 with Bet365.

Following last week's successful hat-trick of selections, all odds-against and all of which shortened significantly in price before kick off, it again shows the advantage of betting before the weekend is upon us.
  • This weekend I'm really expecting Forfar to dispatch Stranraer at 8/11.  They were 5/6 the other day but I think they'll come in a bit more before kick off.
  • Edinburgh (Evens) took a pasting at rampant Cove last weekend, but they're much more reliable on their home plastic and Brechin could take a good few weeks yet to find their feet following an entire squad transformation.  I predict Edinburgh will kick off at around 8/11 so Evens is worth snapping up with bet365 while it lasts.
  • Arbroath probably won't win away to Inverness, but I disagree that they should be as long as 5/1 with bet365 to win against opposition who are struggling to find any flow at all at the moment.  They'll probably kick off around 4/1.  One of these situations where you're backing a side you still think will lose, but over a long period if you keep hitting value like that you will be in profit.
  • Lastly Elgin are far too big at 16/5 to win away at Annan.  I'd still make Annan slim favourites, but Elgin will surely kick off nearer the 2/1 mark.  They're looking like a decent side this season at last whereas Annan, despite beating troubled Brechin 1-0 last weekend, have regressed since the previous campaign.
Now sit back and watch all 4 selections collapse to defeat.

Also took Forfar early doors and still think 8/11 is value.

I also expect Coventry to come in. Currently 1/2 away to hopeless Bolton who have about 3 senior players.

With the introduction of VAR in the Premier League coupled with the new handball rules I fancy a penalty to be awarded in the Liverpool game tonight at 2/1. Considering doubling up with Shankland any time scorer in the Dundee Utd game.

On 03/08/2019 at 11:04, Ya Bezzer! said:

Week 1 - @12.92 - Hibs W; Ayr Utd W; Cove W; Falkirk D  = - £2.00

As almost always happens I lost out on a draw last week.  Hopefully we can get a win this week, especially as the odds were a lot lower.

Week 2 - @5.62 - Kilmarnock; Inverness CT; Falkirk: Cove.

Thought it was quite tough to pick winners from this weeks fixtures, we'll see what happens but I'm not actually that confident about this line.

Racing Post picks, with Mark Walker doing the column: 2pts Dundee @ 21/20; 1pt Edinburgh @ 17/20; 1pt Elgin @ 13/5. Walker also does the live game preview, recommending Celtic to win and under 3.5 goals @ 11/10 with Coral, which seems a generous price. 

Cove are the only Scottish team amongst Figaro's weekend tips in the Racing & Football Outlook. Andy West does the 'Well/Celts game and recommends Celtic to win by exacty 1 goal.

Edited by Victor von Doom

On a roll from the weekend's successful picks I'm highlighting the early value in goals for the Hibs v Morton cup tie this Saturday. The Morton team right now is capable and very direct going forward but a makeshift, shambolic rabble at the back - it is therefore allergic to shitfesting matches. Our first six games this season have seen a ridiculous 33 goals, with the 4-0 defeat at Motherwell being the lowest scoring outcome of the lot. 9/5 for over 3.5 goals is very generous indeed on the basis of those facts.

Cue a wild 0-0 shanner then. 

Queen's Park visit Brechin on Saturday and I think the away win is definite value at 6/4 with bet365.  QP deservedly beat us on the opening day (no biggie granted) and were by all accounts unlucky not to win last weekend.  Brechin will IMO be one of the sides fighting relegation this season and I think QP will edge a tight game by 1 goal.

Elsewhere Peterhead have got to be fancied to dispose of hapless Dumbarton up the north east at 4/5.  I reckon if Dumbarton continue in their current form the bookies will get wise and start shortening whoever they're playing against every week before long.

I think Albion Rovers are still being priced up like it was last season.  I won some money at 4/1 on them away to Stenhousemuir on the opening day yet they're still 7/2 to win away at Annan.  I've gone for a Draw No Bet thing.

I've also put £10 on Viking Ton's Over 3.5 goals in the Morton game.

Can't see Fort (©ICT) or Strathspey Thistle not winning on Saturday, both around evens with McBookies. They're both solid in most areas, Fort just lacking sharpness front of goal. Their opponents lost 2-8 and 1-6 respectively last Saturday. Worth checking Ladbroke's Totally Scotland coupon for better odds if you're daft enough to take any notice of this.

Was on Hibs and BTTS before VT's post, so have added O3.5 to it.

Singles on Elgin, Peterhead and Ross County, I reckon the prices of all 3 will shorten.

Might also have a punt at welshbairn's double.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

Motherwell fans seem to have other ideas on the match thread but I think they look excellent value at 17/10 at home to Hearts tonight. Motherwell's record in the cups under Robinson is very good, while Hearts have been totally useless away from home all calendar year, didn't look any better than that when getting overrun by Ross County at home last weekend and have had Naismith ruled out as well. Perhaps Levein can shitfest to ET but if Motherwell get the opening goal you can only see one winner. 

Forfar are a tempting bet at 9/2 at home to Livingston - they've got a pretty strong side at the moment and I don't think it would be a massive shock if a bottom-six side like Livingston crashed out up there. Hamilton seem ridiculously overpriced at 6/1 to beat Kilmarnock away as well, some bookies must think that Steve Clarke is still in charge. 

Edited by vikingTON

On Liam Donnelly any time tonight at 9/2

There's also a bookies called betregal that's offering 4/1 for Raheem Sterling to score tomorrow for new customers, max £10. Might have a go on that.

Edited by C. Muir

On 15/08/2019 at 13:30, welshbairn said:

Can't see Fort (©ICT) or Strathspey Thistle not winning on Saturday, both around evens with McBookies. They're both solid in most areas, Fort just lacking sharpness front of goal. Their opponents lost 2-8 and 1-6 respectively last Saturday. Worth checking Ladbroke's Totally Scotland coupon for better odds if you're daft enough to take any notice of this.

McBookies into Fort 5/6, Strathspey 4/6 now, from evens and 21/20. Ladbrokes are 5/4 and 6/5. 

Running a bit low on holiday funds so bunged this on as well. :1eye Buckie Thistle at 10/3 seemed generous given that they seem to be on fire at the moment, saw Fraserburgh last week and they didn't seem that invulnerable, pumped Clach 6-0 admittedly but as awful as we were the first half was pretty 50/50.

fri.thumb.jpg.adeb6ba4a851181718c749ace17c4777.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

McBookies into Fort 5/6, Strathspey 4/6 now, from evens and 21/20. Ladbrokes are 5/4 and 6/5. 

Running a bit low on holiday funds so bunged this on as well. :1eye Buckie Thistle at 10/3 seemed generous given that they seem to be on fire at the moment, saw Fraserburgh last week and they didn't seem that invulnerable, pumped Clach 6-0 admittedly but as awful as we were the first half was pretty 50/50.

fri.thumb.jpg.adeb6ba4a851181718c749ace17c4777.jpg

What's happened to Keith and Turriff that you've backed against them  ?

Have Fort and Strathspey improved rapidly as they seem to struggle every season. 

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What's happened to Keith and Turriff that you've backed against them  ?

Have Fort and Strathspey improved rapidly as they seem to struggle every season. 

I've probably put the curse on Fort and Strathspey, but Fort have got 9 (nine) players on loan from ICT, and Strathspey have strengthened well. Keith and Turriff have been struggling. That's all really. If I got a tip from me I wouldn't think about betting on it though.