Weekend Betting

Slacker

On 16/05/2019 at 13:18, virginton said:

Man City -2 and Cove -2 double pays a best-price 16/1, which I'm all over this weekend. Can't see a Man City victory being anything but comfortable - they're hardly likely to shitfest a 1-0 scoreline - so there's no value in the 1/4 price to win. Cove might not need to win the game but Berwick will surely have to push forward and I expect Cove to pick them off with some ease.

Cove -3 is something like a 14/1 shot which is a tempting single as well. 

Fair play, cracking bet 

Man City -2 and Cove -2 double pays a best-price 16/1, which I'm all over this weekend. Can't see a Man City victory being anything but comfortable - they're hardly likely to shitfest a 1-0 scoreline - so there's no value in the 1/4 price to win. Cove might not need to win the game but Berwick will surely have to push forward and I expect Cove to pick them off with some ease.
Cove -3 is something like a 14/1 shot which is a tempting single as well. 

Thanks for this. Basis of my win today [emoji41]

0ef3798df0eafdff1202f7e0a8f4e20f.jpg

Got a treble odds boost on it from 888Sport for opening a new account, so got £496 back from a tenner. And another £37 from Cove -1 during play. A vintage day.

d082eb68-ac02-4ab0-93b7-90444d382827.jpg.de4b68f895e8f232d8f0a72aff18b073.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When it comes to picking teams on the weekend coupon, it often pays to look at the odds well before a Friday evening, as the value bets are often snapped up before then.

Before looking at the odds, I usually go through the fixtures and mentally price up the games in my head before I even look at oddschecker.  That way I can't be subconciously influenced by looking at bet365 first.  Then I check the actual odds and compare.  When I disagree strongly with the bookies, I have a bet.

• This weekend coming, in my head I made Elgin City around Evens to win at home to Cowdenbeath.  So when they opened at 13/10 I snapped up some of that.  You can still get 5/4 at Ladbrokes and Hills, or 6/5 bet365 and SkyBet.  I think they'll be about Evens by kick off.
  • Stirling Albion have had an underwhelming pre-season and League Cup campaign.  Confidence isn't high.  On the contrary Queen's Park have, rather annoyingly, assembled a pretty decent looking team and had a few very strong displays in the cup.  Both sides will be very different from last season so this is where it pays to do your research and find out more than the bookies, which is possible in the lower leagues.  I thought the odds would be the same for a home or an away win, so quotes of around 5/2 on the away win look great value to me.  Really hope I'm wrong of course but financially it's a good bet IMO.
  • Lastly, staying in the same division, I have to go for Cove Rangers at home to Edinburgh.  I actually had a sizeable bet on Edinburgh for the league at 5/1 when the odds came out, but it's an historic day for Cove and they are a machine at home -- I think they should be shorter odds than the 7/5 or 13/10 available at the major bookmakers just now.

Elsewhere I am disappointed Dumbarton are playing Raith as I'd be looking to oppose Dumbarton in general, but Raith away from home are hard to trust and they were scudded 3-0 at Cove last week.

15 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Shea Gordon  seems great value to score anytime.tomorrow at Alloa.

Screenshot_20190802-184022_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5cd43fa974f7f16810de3cb6cefdfe60.jpg

Went for an outrageous betfred cup goal machines + set piece takers small L15 :lol:

Screenshot_20190803-104150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.592b382ba0f1dcb4ae9703980bf5060a.jpg

And a more realistic shout..

Screenshot_20190803-104249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d72574961fa2190b336ed4db3359aca2.jpg

Not bet for a couple of seasons but I think I'll have a wee flutter just for fun.

I'll pick one team to win from the four Scottish leagues and stick £2 on it.

Today.

Hibs 1.50

Falkirk 2.05

Cove 2.05

Ayr Utd 2.05

4 Fold @ 12.92

EDIT - Absolutely standard 4 match coupon, 3 wins and a draw!

Week 1 - Hibs W; Ayr Utd W; Cove W; Falkirk D  = - £2.00

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

I won't bet against Hearts, but Aberdeen look a great price today at 19/20 assuming they don't rest players ahead of the Europa League game on Thursday. 

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought that was an easy banker, had it on 2 coupons. All 3 were toss ups as it turned out.

Aye it was frustrating as Liverpool equalised just before Aberdeen made it 2-2 but can't win them all. Had this small double up too but that just about covered my outlay for the weekend

........png.a10a5081d722d9bc41a5323f391ede5a.png

Fulham
Brentford
Cardiff
Portsmouth
Sunderland
Bradford
Partick

£2.50 returns £351.66 with bet boost.
Horrendous [emoji38]

Makes me feel slightly better after picking a load of shite

Following last week's successful hat-trick of selections, all odds-against and all of which shortened significantly in price before kick off, it again shows the advantage of betting before the weekend is upon us.

• This weekend I'm really expecting Forfar to dispatch Stranraer at 8/11.  They were 5/6 the other day but I think they'll come in a bit more before kick off.
  • Edinburgh (Evens) took a pasting at rampant Cove last weekend, but they're much more reliable on their home plastic and Brechin could take a good few weeks yet to find their feet following an entire squad transformation.  I predict Edinburgh will kick off at around 8/11 so Evens is worth snapping up with bet365 while it lasts.
  • Arbroath probably won't win away to Inverness, but I disagree that they should be as long as 5/1 with bet365 to win against opposition who are struggling to find any flow at all at the moment.  They'll probably kick off around 4/1.  One of these situations where you're backing a side you still think will lose, but over a long period if you keep hitting value like that you will be in profit.
  • Lastly Elgin are far too big at 16/5 to win away at Annan.  I'd still make Annan slim favourites, but Elgin will surely kick off nearer the 2/1 mark.  They're looking like a decent side this season at last whereas Annan, despite beating troubled Brechin 1-0 last weekend, have regressed since the previous campaign.

Now sit back and watch all 4 selections collapse to defeat.

I tend to bet quite early too. Took the evens on Edinburgh and 10/11 on Hearts who will go off a bit shorter than that imo. Taking Elgin double chance at 11/10 and Forfar on the advice on BinoBalls.

Both Dundee sides are drifting, I may take a punt closer to the time.