Changes required for Saturday afternoon football

Quiet Man

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll look forward to playing Colville park for my 1st time this season with my new club. Maybe turn them over lol never know

I'll ask you this again after 4 or 5 seasons of them winning the league an snapping up all the best players in the division but it's ok there only wanna play with there mates

1 hour ago, International brigade said:

You have commented on it 

Have a break mate, cool you don't like Colville we get it. 

Who said anything about people wanting to play with there mates, people come because they want to be part of the club. You not believe it buts a great club to play with. 

7 minutes ago, stfu said:

I'll ask you this again after 4 or 5 seasons of them winning the league an snapping up all the best players in the division but it's ok there only wanna play with there mates

Never played against them before mate so I'll look forward to that 1st and aim to help my new team into their division.

20 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Have a break mate, cool you don't like Colville we get it. 

Who said anything about people wanting to play with there mates, people come because they want to be part of the club. You not believe it buts a great club to play with. 

I dont like or dislike Colville, who is we ? 

It's a great club, with a great structure and very good players,  good players managed the correct way. Apologies if my first post came across the wrong way. 

5 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Sorry mate I didn't mean to quote you, the post was meant to be in reference to stfu last post.

My error 

Thanks for your reply, with respect mate you seem to come on here and get unnecessary hassle, fair play to you for putting up with it, every league has winners and losers, league winners always get  grief no matter what. Sorry again for initial post.

6 minutes ago, International brigade said:

Thanks for your reply, with respect mate you seem to come on here and get unnecessary hassle, fair play to you for putting up with it, every league has winners and losers, league winners always get  grief no matter what. Sorry again for initial post.

Cheers mate appreciate it 

1 hour ago, stfu said:

Just the last 2 years they've won the Central. Harestanes and Bannockburn the 2 years before that. 

There was central division 1 sides at junior last year that couldn't pay a penny or provide training kit to players so let's no make it out to be something it isn't. As I said amateur up to central division 1 in junior would be easy cause "IF" there was money involved it would be very very minimum maybe £20. Apart from 4 or so teams.

Teams pay a lot more than that, I'm involved in both amateur and recently juniors and I'm surprised at how much some of these guys get, some no better than what I've seen play amateur

lets be honest, fitba at this level - even junior, or lowland is about enjoying it.. nobody's earning a living off it. If you can make some pocket money as well - then great.

For that reason i would always choose success with a good/top amateur team over fighting for survival or mid table mediocrity in the low junior leagues. Throw in playing with guys who are your pals and it's a no brainer. 

To use low junior leagues as some example of a higher level of football players should aim for is laughable. On STFU's point tho, IF a player had a chance of getting in at the top of junior football and pushing for success or low level senior football, then batter on.. I think that could be something that is worth aiming for. But this nonsense about amateurs wanting to play at the highest level and using the low junior leagues as an example of that 'higher level', is quite simply pish. 

Teams pay a lot more than that, I'm involved in both amateur and recently juniors and I'm surprised at how much some of these guys get, some no better than what I've seen play amateur

I'm involved in both as well.

lets be honest, fitba at this level - even junior, or lowland is about enjoying it.. nobody's earning a living off it. If you can make some pocket money as well - then great.

For that reason i would always choose success with a good/top amateur team over fighting for survival or mid table mediocrity in the low junior leagues. Throw in playing with guys who are your pals and it's a no brainer. 

To use low junior leagues as some example of a higher level of football players should aim for is laughable. On STFU's point tho, IF a player had a chance of getting in at the top of junior football and pushing for success or low level senior football, then batter on.. I think that could be something that is worth aiming for. But this nonsense about amateurs wanting to play at the highest level and using the low junior leagues as an example of that 'higher level', is quite simply pish. 

That was the point I was trying to get across if your talking super 1st or super prem then I'd say go for it. Good level of football and most teams paying upwards of £40/50 easily. But if your at a well structured amateur team then why move to some of these lesser junior teams who in my opinion are only junior by name.

Archived