North Region

EdTheDuck

As the poor relation in the Junior family I think someone needs to highlight the shenanigans in the frozen wastelands of the North...and the East & West lower divisions

Starting with...Banks o Dee got reamed 3-0 by Culter while Montrose Roselea lost 2-1 to Hermes last night in the League Cup while Dyce raced clear at the top of the Superleague with a 5-1 win in Inverurie vs Colony Park (although to be fair only 2 league games were played).

Over a hundred people attanded but as that was across 13 games it isn't all that, eh?

Apart from that, nothing.

Further bulletins as events dictate

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

As the poor relation in the Junior family I think someone needs to highlight the shenanigans in the frozen wastelands of the North...and the East & West lower divisions

Starting with...Banks o Dee got reamed 3-0 by Culter while Montrose Roselea lost 2-1 to Hermes last night in the League Cup while Dyce raced clear at the top of the Superleague with a 5-1 win in Inverurie vs Colony Park (although to be fair only 2 league games were played).

Over a hundred people attanded but as that was across 13 games it isn't all that, eh?

Apart from that, nothing.

Further bulletins as events dictate

Hermes beat Roselea in the Montrose club's first ever North Superleague game...not the League Cup, in front of around 80 spectators...so your estimate of a hundred for all the games, although probably tongue in cheek, is problematical.

Great win against the Mighty Keith last night!

7 minutes ago, ham1sh68 said:

Hermes beat Roselea in the Montrose club's first ever North Superleague game...not the League Cup, in front of around 80 spectators...so your estimate of a hundred for all the games, although probably tongue in cheek, is problematical.

Great win against the Mighty Keith last night, if you mean the Mighty Keith Drummons

I knew that but I am a sloppy, lazy dimwit...and yes, tongue so far in cheek I have stretch marks

Well, it was a win. I think it could be a long season...

Rude awakening to the North Superleague for Roselea. 1-0 down two men sent off for second yellows by an overzealous referee then equalised with 15 to go only for Hermes to score in 87! Crowd of about 80 correct. Hermes were decent and will be at least top 4 on that performance. Second League game away to Banks o Dee on Weds night so tough start but happy to be there.

10 trips to Aberdeen this season and also Inverness, Maud & Dufftown as opposed to 10 trips to the Lothians (including Tranent, Haddington and Dunbar) 4 trips to Fife and two in Tayside had we stayed in the East Region Premier. Notice nobody doing mileage calculations for us this season!!

On 8/4/2017 at 12:57, tellyboy said:

Rude awakening to the North Superleague for Roselea. 1-0 down two men sent off for second yellows by an overzealous referee then equalised with 15 to go only for Hermes to score in 87! Crowd of about 80 correct. Hermes were decent and will be at least top 4 on that performance. Second League game away to Banks o Dee on Weds night so tough start but happy to be there.

10 trips to Aberdeen this season and also Inverness, Maud & Dufftown as opposed to 10 trips to the Lothians (including Tranent, Haddington and Dunbar) 4 trips to Fife and two in Tayside had we stayed in the East Region Premier. Notice nobody doing mileage calculations for us this season!!

I had a wee look into this and yep, you'll come to Inverness once in the league yet if Roselea stayed in the East region they'd he headed miles past Edinburgh heading south-east several times during the season.  Absolute no brainer to join the North.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:44, EdTheDuck said:

Another North Superleague game, another defeat for Roselea 0-1 vs Banks o Dee last night

Anyone make it along?

I was there and it was a good game. Chances both ways, Banks o Dee having the upperhand. With a Roselea hat on think they deserved a draw and could easily have pinched it however BOD will claim that they could have won in earlier than the 85th minute goal. Promising stuff from Roselea in the opening two League games though and shows they wil be up there if they continue playing the same way. With Dyce at home on Sept 2nd in 3rd League game its not been the easiest start to life in the Superleague but will all sort itself out I suppose. Crowd maybe 100

Just now, tellyboy said:

I was there and it was a good game. Chances both ways, Banks o Dee having the upperhand. With a Roselea hat on think they deserved a draw and could easily have pinched it however BOD will claim that they could have won in earlier than the 85th minute goal. Promising stuff from Roselea in the opening two League games though and shows they wil be up there if they continue playing the same way. With Dyce at home on Sept 2nd in 3rd League game its not been the easiest start to life in the Superleague but will all sort itself out I suppose. Crowd maybe 100

Hopefully Roselea have a good season and can demonstrate it was the right move - maybe we'll get some more of the Angus clubs joining the North Region, God knows we could do with them

I Think Junior and Minor Football is massively understated in the North by the Local Media....back in the days The Evening Express would offer quite a lot of coverage but these days it is non existent....Granted that could be money driven in terms of actual print media but would it really cost much money to run the local football news online??

57 minutes ago, troopio said:

I Think Junior and Minor Football is massively understated in the North by the Local Media....back in the days The Evening Express would offer quite a lot of coverage but these days it is non existent....Granted that could be money driven in terms of actual print media but would it really cost much money to run the local football news online??

You're not wrong.   http://www.northregionjfa.co.uk/

The attached website isn't bad for fixtures, results & tables being kept up to date, someone does a good job there.

But news is limited, there are no match reports and no match previews, the 10 pictures are 4 and 6 years old and not a single video.

...and finding the website at all was a fluke.

Good to see some interest/discussion on the North Juniors. Lets see if we can keep it going guys! Absolutely spot on about more potential involvement from the Angus clubs - could really help to raise the overall standard.

3 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

Buckie Rovers couldn't raise a team for last Saturday's nor next Saturday's Grill Cup group games, so they have withdrawn from that competition.

Fingers crossed they are OK for the rest of the season.

Inverness City had a heap of trialists in their side recently; I think the North sides (hopefully including Buckie) will be better placed once the summer amateur ( welfare?) leagues stop and players then return to the juniors.

Buckie were a Superleague side only last season so surely they will be ok.

Intending to get up and catch a few North games this season, aiming to get to Inverness before they have to vacate Lister Park.

Any other recommendations?  Derby games worth catching?

Intending to get up and catch a few North games this season, aiming to get to Inverness before they have to vacate Lister Park.

Forest Park in Burghead is a good venue, it is indeed in the middle of a forest. The rest in Moray and Highland are pretty much all railed off public parks (including Lister Park).

12 hours ago, RobM said:

Westburn Park, Dufftown is a genuine Superleague ground with cover and seating ...and a great view out towards the distilleries! The home side entertain Banks o'Dee on the 26 August so a good chance to see the North's 'Top Dogs' in action and judge the standard.

Archived