Squad for Lithuania and Malta

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Assuming that Slovakia don't beat England on Monday, then 2nd is still on if we can beat Slovakia at home > Slovenia away. Whether it'd be enough to avoid being worst runner-up...

As long as we match montenegro results ingnoring Monday and they stay second in their group it would be

As long as we match montenegro results ingnoring Monday and they stay second in their group it would be

Montenegro have 3 fixtures left we have only two as we discount the malta game being the bottom team. So for example Montenegro win there last 3 games they would be ahead of us- however if we won last 3 games would be unlikely that we would miss out as the republics group Greece and Iceland group it would be really unlucky as these groups are becoming tighter.

What I think is totally unfair is that the playoffs are seeded it's a joke. So say your a pot 3 or 4 team and overperform in your group and finish 2nd you prob will have to play the likes of Italy Portugal Croatia Spain Netherlands etc. If your a pot 1 team who underperformed and finish 2nd you get rewarded with an easier draw!!!! All aimed at getting as many of the heavy weights to the World Cup. The playoffs should be a straight draw no seeds.

One of the best nights of my Scotland life came about 13 years ago when Scotland u21s were 2-0 down to Lithuania u21s at McDiarmid Park, with 89 mins on the clock.
Scotland won 3-2 and I don't even know what became of anything that occured that night.
Think some forward-thinking manager probably binned a few for being too small or some shite.
Anyway. Tonight was the 2nd best result against Lithuania I've seen us get, and it was highly enjoyable

Guest DAVIDB69
I'd get rid of mc Arthur and forest and stick with that team. Bring in morrison and anya.

Anya doesn't play club football so he would be no for me and he isn't very good, got too many caps based on that decent game against Germany a few years ago

If we could unearth a couple of really good centre halfs (thought they looked the weakest part of the team) and replace Forrest who resembles a ballerina on a jewellery box and provides about as much, then there's the makings of a fairly decent team

Archived