Moving to Glasgow

Girth

23 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Dennistoun is decent enough, I stayed in parade park almost 10 years ago when the flats there were just built and it was ideal. 

You stayed in Dennistoun proper. Unlike me who told people I lived there to avoid the horrified looks and ostracism I got when I told them the truth. 

I hear that Dennistoun now has delis and artisan bakers as well as hardcore Rangers pubs and kebab emporia. 

I've only been in Edinburgh a year but am pretty keen to head over to Glasgow in a couple of years, 2 reasons. The petty being it's easier to see bands and so on and the more important being we'll be ready to buy a flat by then and when you look at areas like Dennistoun and the Strathbungo/shawlands area a nice tenement or something is a half to 2/3s the price it would be in almost any area of Edinburgh. I didn't really fancy going back when I left but love it again now when I go to see pals.

On 11/06/2020 at 13:23, Marshmallo said:

Depends on your budget eh. West End, Merchant City or Shawlands/Strathbungo would be my recommendations.

Thoughts on Govan? Heard it’s had a bit of a revival lately? Close to the QE where my bird works. Flats are cheap as f**k.

On 07/07/2020 at 15:23, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Thoughts on Govan? Heard it’s had a bit of a revival lately? Close to the QE where my bird works. Flats are cheap as f**k.

If by lately you mean 2012 then yes it has. You'd probably get a cheap enough flat in the Scotstoun/Whiteinch/Thornwood area and then it's just through the Clyde Tunnel to the hospital and it's got bits to walk/cycle through aswell.

48 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

That’s a no to Govan then. Tbh at this rate I’ll be homeless as flats are selling in about two days just now. I don’t even get the chance to view them before I get the phone call saying they are sold. Might wait til later in the year.

3F91BB00-E0B3-4396-81DD-D2DE2277C99A.jpeg.baf4f32f8cd60f7aa185daaf0dcfccd3.jpeg

Get it done, now, and bring yer maw:

https://www.onthemarket.com/details/8927806/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=local

ETA: New Gorbals is excellent. Quiet, 10 minutes walk from the City Centre, 5 minutes walk from the Subway, modern flats, serious (and unexpected) lack of bampottery, plus it's about half the price as the same flat in a nicer sounding area of the city. If you have a car the M74 is on your doorstep too.

Plus if you get the right flat like me, you can claim to live in the top 10% most deprived areas in Scotland.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

That’s a no to Govan then. Tbh at this rate I’ll be homeless as flats are selling in about two days just now. I don’t even get the chance to view them before I get the phone call saying they are sold. Might wait til later in the year.
3F91BB00-E0B3-4396-81DD-D2DE2277C99A.jpeg.baf4f32f8cd60f7aa185daaf0dcfccd3.jpeg

My flat in Oatlands (new gorbals) was on the market for 6 days, but the agent told us most of the flats sell within 2 weeks. Where I stay is all just new build flats, takes me about 1 minute from my front door to walk in to Glasgow Green. 2 minutes in the car to get on to the M74 and about a 15-20 minute walk into the merchant city. I’ll only be in Glasgow for another year or two, but it suits me ideal at the moment.

Guy I work with had 20 odd viewings over the first weekend for his flat in Anniesland, and it sold in 3 days for a fair bit over the asking price.