Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

Newmains 0 Lanark 3

Well deserved victory. Should have been by a good few more .

Newmains played the heaviest keeper I have ever seen but he played well, had some excellent saves and you can see he has been a keeper in his day.

Have to doff my cap to Newmains. They have taken some beatings this season but they kept their shape throughout the match and made it very difficult for us. Team spirit and effort clearly not an issue as they didn't let their heads go down.  

How nice to stand and watch a game in pleasant weather.  Summer football anyone?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match report

Vale of Leven v Gartcairn

In the first of four vital league games Gartcairn made the long trip down to vale of levens mill burn park which was bathed in sunlight.

This was the vales last game of the season but the players were raring to go, from the start both teams tried to put their mark on it but Gartcairn took the lead early on thru a Heppy header which left the keeper stranded. Cairn were on top and tried to spread ball about on what looked like a luscious park but in reality was very bobbly.

On 25 Heppy scores Gartcairn second after a delightful Thomas kilmartin cushioned header into his path to volley home.

Halftime time 0-2

Second half wasn’t a great spectacle although contested by both sides.

Jal replaced Liam on the wing on 63 minutes and Boyle replaced kev Ross on 83 who limped off with a niggly injury.

Vale although competed in midfield didn’t have a direct shot on goal which made it a relatively easy game for the keeper.

Full time Vale of Leven 0-2 Gartcairn

Man of the match Hepburn

Summary , a fine three points in the race for the title, still in our own hands with three league games left, big game this weekend v Bellshill

Wednesday sees us at mtc park for league cup tie v vale of Clyde ok tbc

On 15 April 2018 at 00:54, Mr Prez said:

Diny listen to him gaz jist being nosey as usual tell him nowt his posts are mince only go's too games to moan and cos trouble probally sneaked in:whistle

Maybe time to say goodbye and best wishes to the folks at Dunipace as they head out towards pastures new. One of first Junior away games i taken to 50 years ago. Can still remember waiting with the old man across from Woolworths in Springburn and getting on the Midland Bluebird bus to Falkirk via Kirkintilloch and Kilsyth. Will keep an eye on how Dunipace get on in the years to come.

Good luck lads.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

Maybe time to say goodbye and best wishes to the folks at Dunipace as they head out towards pastures new. One of first Junior away games i taken to 50 years ago. Can still remember waiting with the old man across from Woolworths in Springburn and getting on the Midland Bluebird bus to Falkirk via Kirkintilloch and Kilsyth. Will keep an eye on how Dunipace get on in the years to come.

Good luck lads.

You can still come and visit us and will be wecome

Gartcairn

Club Announcement

After saturdays victory over Vale of Leven , Gartcairn manager Davy Greig intimated to the committee his intention to move on at the end of the current season.

The club would like to thank Davy for the great cup runs of season 2016/17 taking us to the quarter finals of both the Scottish cup and west cup, guaranteeing promotion this year with the chance to win the league still in his hands the aim is to go out on a high by winning the second division.
We also thank Davy and his back room staff for giving us early notice to help us find his successor.

Further announcement will be made on his replacement in due course.
#MTC

Looks like things are going to be interesting over next week or two! Royal Alberts convincing win against an out of control VoC today has put them in pole position to win the league, Gartcairn won 3-0 today against Bellshill to keep the pressure on. Just looked at the next league fixtures and it's looking like two cracking games next week! Who do we think will triumph? My thoughts are Royal Albert as they've got the points on the board I'd rather that than games in hand anyday!

Lanark 5 Johnstone 2

Excellent performance from a young Lanark team today but unquestionably aided by a critical penalty save at 0-0 after 10 minutes by Gareth Halford and in the 2nd half at 2-1, after which we went straight up the park and scored our 3rd.

Top scorer Ronan Kearney missed a couple of excellent chances but still scored twice. Johnstone keeper had 2 wonderful saves.

Got soaked and was freezing. Summer football still seems most attractive.

33 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 5 Johnstone 2

Excellent performance from a young Lanark team today but unquestionably aided by a critical penalty save at 0-0 after 10 minutes by Gareth Halford and in the 2nd half at 2-1, after which we went straight up the park and scored our 3rd.

Top scorer Ronan Kearney missed a couple of excellent chances but still scored twice. Johnstone keeper had 2 wonderful saves.

Got soaked and was freezing. Summer football still seems most attractive.

Moan moan moan

1 minute ago, Mr Prez said:

Moan moan moan

Wait until you get to the Costa del Forth & Clyde

11 hours ago, Mr Prez said:

Moan moan moan

I should have said that we benefitted from an incorrect call by the ref which resulted in our 2nd goal. A corner was headed over by one of our guys. Ref awarded us another corner from which we subsequently scored.

20 hours ago, SectionG said:

Looks like things are going to be interesting over next week or two! Royal Alberts convincing win against an out of control VoC today has put them in pole position to win the league, Gartcairn won 3-0 today against Bellshill to keep the pressure on. Just looked at the next league fixtures and it's looking like two cracking games next week! Who do we think will triumph? My thoughts are Royal Albert as they've got the points on the board I'd rather that than games in hand anyday!

Albert need one win Cairn need 2 

Albert need one win Cairn need 2 

My point exactly, rather have points on the board! Are use confident going into your next two?

Just wondering, will league officials be on hand ready to hand Royal Albert the trophy should Gartcairn get beat & if not the following week be at the ready to do like wise......wouldn't surprise me if they wait until the leagues decided to make contact with the winning club regarding a presentation.

1 hour ago, SectionG said:

My point exactly, rather have points on the board! Are use confident going into your next two?

Just wondering, will league officials be on hand ready to hand Royal Albert the trophy should Gartcairn get beat & if not the following week be at the ready to do like wise......wouldn't surprise me if they wait until the leagues decided to make contact with the winning club regarding a presentation.

I think it would be only fair to be ready to present the trophy to Royal Albert next week should we draw or lose and they win. I certainly wouldn't like to win the league and not get my trophy. We can't win it next week no matter what the results so they should be in hand just in case.

Archived