Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

6 hours ago, LT1878 said:

I called it at the start of the season that The Albert would be in the promotion chase and I hope they complete the job!

It’s a great credit to Jamie and all the committee that Albert are in the position they are in this season, just shows that hard work pays off

I called it first. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Never had two people arguing over who said the Albert was going to be promoted

Changed days indeed

Good luck! Hope you get the success that those who have devoted so much to their club over the years deserves.

20 hours ago, Mr.Albert said:

Never had two people arguing over who said the Albert was going to be promoted

Changed days indeed

I said they would win the league not just get promoted.  Larky9 might have one over on me that  

The players and staff are doing a wonderful job and I hope they keep it up. 

I said they would win the league not just get promoted.  Larky9 might have one over on me there. 
The players and staff are doing a wonderful job and I hope they keep it up. 

I never said they would win the league,but I knew if they kept playing the kind of football they did against Larkhall Thistle they wouldn't be far away

Albert run out 3 1 winners over Carluke rovers today.  Watching Dolan make an embarrassment of himself trying to show off by dinking a penalty which is still on its way down way snow on it the now. Was worth the admission fee. Carluke look a poor out fit, Weir at his age still a stand out in the middle off the park, he should be playing at a better level than Carluke. 

Bellshill 3 Lanark 1

Well deserved victory against a poor Lanark team. 

1 down after  2 minutes we pulled a good one back around 15 mins. We then missed 2 excellent chances and allowed our hosts to score on half time. Never played 2nd half and Bellshill should have scored about 6, missing some excellent chances themselves.  We lost a couple of players with what looked like bad injuries and then played with 10 for the last 15 after Peter O'Donnell got a 2nd yellow.

Top 3 up comfortably.

19 hours ago, bc57 said:

Bellshill 3 Lanark 1

Well deserved victory against a poor Lanark team. 

1 down after  2 minutes we pulled a good one back around 15 mins. We then missed 2 excellent chances and allowed our hosts to score on half time. Never played 2nd half and Bellshill should have scored about 6, missing some excellent chances themselves.  We lost a couple of players with what looked like bad injuries and then played with 10 for the last 15 after Peter O'Donnell got a 2nd yellow.

Top 3 up comfortably.

One broken ankle reported and I suspect the other diagnosis won't be great. Our thin squad just got thinner. 3 league games left

One broken ankle reported and I suspect the other diagnosis won't be great. Our thin squad just got thinner. 3 league games left

Guess you'll be glad when this season is over

3 hours ago, lang said:

Guess you'll be glad when this season is over

It has been tough this season but other seasons have in many ways been more frustrating when we had the players but didn't string together enough results to fulfil the potential.

5 hours ago, bc57 said:

It has been tough this season but other seasons have in many ways been more frustrating when we had the players but didn't string together enough results to fulfil the potential.

I agree. I thought two years ago Lanark should have schooshed promotion but the manager made a lot of poor decisions and at the same time their big players didn’t turn up. I have a real soft spot for Lanark and wish you them nothing but success. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Albert  and Gartcairn on confirming a top 3 place today.

Dunipace 0 Lanark 2

Well deserved victory with a very young side out which gives me some hope if we can keep the majority of them together.  Should have been more by the end after a tight first half. game played on a poor surface which made it hard to play football. Dunipace tried to play it  out from the back - very impressed with the keeper's distribution. Never played one long ball.

Glad I got a chance to go back to Denny for their penultimate home game before they move to pastures new.  Heard talk that you may move to the East Juniors, Mr Prez?

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Dunipace 0 Lanark 2

Well deserved victory with a very young side out which gives me some hope if we can keep the majority of them together.  Should have been more by the end after a tight first half. game played on a poor surface which made it hard to play football. Dunipace tried to play it  out from the back - very impressed with the keeper's distribution. Never played one long ball.

Glad I got a chance to go back to Denny for their penultimate home game before they move to pastures new.  Heard talk that you may move to the East Juniors, Mr Prez?

This is why I love football, its all about opinions. :)

As an alternative view:

First half Lanark hardly touched the ball, struggling to deal with the home sides passing game which at times was outstanding, Dunipace having no issue with a tricky surface. Only the official not giving what looked a clear penalty after around half an hour kept Lanark even. Lanarks first chance of any note (and attempt on target), bar a few long shots that didn't trouble was right on 45 minutes from a Dunipace mistake and in fairness it should have brought a goal 1v1, a good save from the home keeper. Given the balance of play it would have been super hard on the home side to go in a goal down, given they dominated the half and the ball, but despite that dominance only two efforts on target and the aforementioned penalty so probably didn't deserve more than a single goal. 

Second half Dunipace fell away and Lanark raised their game from the off, it was a far more even affair in terms of the ball and chances, you felt whoever scored first would probably win it, both sides having good chances in the half. That's how it turned out, with Lanark getting that first goal from a loose ball from a corner, a good finish. 

Both teams had chances after that, Lanark taking one with another good finish, Dunipace not when their wide man couldn't steer into an empty net after from a cross, hitting the side net from 6 yards. 2-0 flattered at the end, on the second half 1-0 either way would have been a better reflection on the game. 

Good to see both sides getting some young guys on the park. Lanark finished with a few, Dunipace played most of the second half with a 15 year old, two 17 year olds, an 18 year old and bringing the average age up through injury a long since retired assistant manager. :)

Good game to watch all in though.

Strange day, not even three years old and Gartcairn Juniors gained promotion .
Royal Albert and Bellshill also got promotion today , well done to all three clubs.
All three can still win the league although it is in Gartcairn’s hands, after today’s slip up against Carluke (1-1) we can afford no further slip ups.
Royal Albert , a club long in existence and effectively in the wilderness the last few years have been exceptional this season and fully deserve promotion.
Bellshill came down last season and bounce straight back up at the first chance.
A great run in to the second division title

48 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

This is why I love football, its all about opinions. :)

As an alternative view:

First half Lanark hardly touched the ball, struggling to deal with the home sides passing game which at times was outstanding, Dunipace having no issue with a tricky surface. Only the official not giving what looked a clear penalty after around half an hour kept Lanark even. Lanarks first chance of any note (and attempt on target), bar a few long shots that didn't trouble was right on 45 minutes from a Dunipace mistake and in fairness it should have brought a goal 1v1, a good save from the home keeper. Given the balance of play it would have been super hard on the home side to go in a goal down, given they dominated the half and the ball, but despite that dominance only two efforts on target and the aforementioned penalty so probably didn't deserve more than a single goal. 

Second half Dunipace fell away and Lanark raised their game from the off, it was a far more even affair in terms of the ball and chances, you felt whoever scored first would probably win it, both sides having good chances in the half. That's how it turned out, with Lanark getting that first goal from a loose ball from a corner, a good finish. 

Both teams had chances after that, Lanark taking one with another good finish, Dunipace not when their wide man couldn't steer into an empty net after from a cross, hitting the side net from 6 yards. 2-0 flattered at the end, on the second half 1-0 either way would have been a better reflection on the game. 

Good to see both sides getting some young guys on the park. Lanark finished with a few, Dunipace played most of the second half with a 15 year old, two 17 year olds, an 18 year old and bringing the average age up through injury a long since retired assistant manager. :)

Good game to watch all in though.

Agree with most of what you say although from behind the Lanark goals, it didn’t,t look like a penalty. Thought Lanark dominated the second half just as dunipace had dominated the first 45. Man of the match for me was the Lanark number 11 .

50 minutes ago, sctv said:

Strange day, not even three years old and Gartcairn Juniors gained promotion .
Royal Albert and Bellshill also got promotion today , well done to all three clubs.
All three can still win the league although it is in Gartcairn’s hands, after today’s slip up against Carluke (1-1) we can afford no further slip ups.
Royal Albert , a club long in existence and effectively in the wilderness the last few years have been exceptional this season and fully deserve promotion.
Bellshill came down last season and bounce straight back up at the first chance.
A great run in to the second division title

Bellshill haven't been mathematically promoted yet - Ants and VoC can still match 40 points. 

Archived