Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

14 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Click click where is your footage mate

Yeah per StAnts1902, haven't had a chance to edit mate.  Hopefully sorted over the next few days.  Photos sitting gathering dust too :)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A referee supervisor was at Vale of Leven. His report would make interesting reading!

2nd sending off summed up the refs day. He forgot he’d already booked the player in the 1st half when he booked him for the handbags. Took him a fair bit of time to realise hence the confusion when he eventually showed the red.
I can usually spot the supervisors. That should be an interesting report!
That explains the second red. With the ref's display I'm not even slightly surprised to find out that's what happened.

51 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I can usually spot the supervisors. That should be an interesting report!
That explains the second red. With the ref's display I'm not even slightly surprised to find out that's what happened.

What do the supervisors look like/how to spot?

I do know who a few of them are, which helps! Usually the same three or four faces I see. Other than that I have no tricks

The only reason I know is that he was standing where I was in 1st half & said that’s who he was.

Ref had a stinker but don’t envy their job, especially with no assistants to help at that level.

I’d say it’s easy for us standing watching but even in the wee melee I saw different things to the person standing beside me so god knows how the ref can clock everything going on!

It will have been baltic wherever one watched their games yesterday. I had so many layers on and was still cold at Ashfield, yet the ref ran around with a sleeveless top and no gloves!  Respect.

Ashfield keeper had two wonderful saves yesterday. Probably the smallest keeper I have seen in The Juniors for some time.  Our keeper kept us in it too.

Excellent result for Lanark yesterday beating St Ant's 3-1. I understand it should have been by more.

I have only missed 2 games this season. Both at home and both victories.. As we have only won 5 league games all season I fear I will be getting my season ticket revoked.

5 hours ago, bc57 said:

Excellent result for Lanark yesterday beating St Ant's 3-1. I understand it should have been by more.

I have only missed 2 games this season. Both at home and both victories.. As we have only won 5 league games all season I fear I will be getting my season ticket revoked.

Should've been more?  Really?  Probably a 50% return on chances, if we'd scored at the same rate and the ref had given the clear handball in the box, maybe would've changed the scoreline.  Better team won, no doubt, we created very little in the 1st half, but still went in just 2-1 down.  A bit of luck we might've got another one or 2 in the 2nd half.  Only really remember one horrible miss from Lanark in the 2nd half, with the Ants screaming for offside.

18 minutes ago, clickclick said:

Should've been more?  Really?  Probably a 50% return on chances, if we'd scored the at the same rate and the ref had give the clear handball in the box, maybe would've changed the scoreline.  Better team won, no doubt, we created very little in the 1st half, but still went in just 2-1 down.  A bit of luck we might've got another one or 2 in the 2nd half.  Only really remember one horrible miss from Lanark in the 2nd half, with the Ants screaming for offside.

OK. Wasn't there so my comments are 2nd hand , as I said,.but, they were coming through to me at the time saying we'd missed another good chance.  A different person told me we should have won 5-1. They are opinions. Doesn't matter. 3 pts are 3pts.  

3 minutes ago, bc57 said:

OK. Wasn't there so my comments are 2nd hand , as I said,.but, they were coming through to me at the time saying we'd missed another good chance.  A different person told me we should have won 5-1. They are opinions. Doesn't matter. 3 pts are 3pts.  

Absolutely, as I said better team won., half time probably came at the wrong time for us.  The much needed rally in the 2nd half didn't come from the Ants, the penalty claim came when it was 3-1 so may not have dented the scoreline.

I am the one who said 5 -1but I stand corrected it could have been 6-1 or 6-2. ;)We had 3 great chances to score in addition to the goals. The Ants should've had a pen but I'm struggling to recall any clear chances they had perhaps our ants supporting friend can remind us?

Vale of Clyde 0  V  1 Royal Albert.

Another hard fought win for the Albert in a game which was a typical junior game .

At this time of the season not about great performances about winning,  don't like moaning about referees but this one was not strong enough or up to refereeing this game.

Good luck  to Jim and his committee for the rest of the season.

After the weekend results I cant see past the current top 3 for the move to Tier 3 for next season. 

I believe Royal Albert are the only team to have played every season in Central 2 since the regionalisation 16 years ago* so it will be great to, hopefully, see them go up a level next season.

* Newmains having taken 2 seasons out.

And off the top of my head Muirkirk, Craigmark and Auchinleck are the only other teams to have not moved leagues in those 16 seasons.

Good result for Carluke today and a decent result for both Lanark and royal Albert, I think Albert will be at the promotion end of the table this season which is great considering previous seasons and Lanark have had a better start under burns and Stark than previous seasons

I called it at the start of the season that The Albert would be in the promotion chase and I hope they complete the job!

It’s a great credit to Jamie and all the committee that Albert are in the position they are in this season, just shows that hard work pays off

I believe Royal Albert are the only team to have played every season in Central 2 since the regionalisation 16 years ago* so it will be great to, hopefully, see them go up a level next season.
* Newmains having taken 2 seasons out.
And off the top of my head Muirkirk, Craigmark and Auchinleck are the only other teams to have not moved leagues in those 16 seasons.

Pretty sure Arthurlie haven’t moved out they’re league either. Could be wrong tho

Archived