Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

Our division hasn't featured for a while so thought I'd see if there was any news or comments out there to be shared.

Ashfield on a good run of form and have shot up the table. What has changed?  We've not yet played them but will see for myself first hand this weekend ( weather permitting) 

Dunipace had a great 1-4 win away at Carluke and I believe also missed a penalty.  To what extent did the 3 Carluke red cards affect the game?

Confidence booster for Gartcairn yesterday despite losing a 2 goal lead.

Good to see Albert keeping it going.

Johnstone appoint a new management team. They will be hoping for a bounce.

Amazed to see Martin Hannaway jump two divisions by joining The Gow from Newmains.

Still lots of twists and turns to come although don't see Lanark winning enough games to make up the gap, unfortunately.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bc57 said:

Our division hasn't featured for a while so thought I'd see if there was any news or comments out there to be shared.

Ashfield on a good run of form and have shot up the table. What has changed?  We've not yet played them but will see for myself first hand this weekend ( weather permitting) 

Dunipace had a great 1-4 win away at Carluke and I believe also missed a penalty.  To what extent did the 3 Carluke red cards affect the game?

Amazed to see Martin Hannaway jump two divisions by joining The Gow from Newmains.

Still lots of twists and turns to come although don't see Lanark winning enough games to make up the gap, unfortunately.

I was coaching at Newmains due to injuries, what is the amazement? 

Just now, bc57 said:

My amazement is that you have stepped up a league. 

I played in that league last season with forth. Hardly a huge jump like you are making it out to be. Standard is relatively the same as of Central Second minus one or two teams.  

2 hours ago, playsuptop said:

I played in that league last season with forth. Hardly a huge jump like you are making it out to be. Standard is relatively the same as of Central Second minus one or two teams.  

Good luck with that.  Not my style to slag anyone off, which I never did when reporting on Lanark games. 

This league will probobly be the most competitive of all the leagues.

the last three seasons 40 points would get you promoted this season who knows as every team is capable of beating each  other.

Do you want games in hand or points in the bag 

just glad to be involved at the right end of the league for a change 

If there are any match secretaries reading this I sent an e-mail to all second division clubs regarding the new league set up next season and your thoughts on the cup competitions .

So far I have only received replies from Lanark, Vale of Leven,  St.Ants,  Vale of Clyde,  Johnstone Burgh,  Royal Albert.

Please take this chance to have your voices heard, I used the e-mail addresses on the SJFA web site 

On 28/01/2018 at 17:51, bc57 said:

Local paper is reporting that Dunipace deployed "strong arm tactics" last Saturday at Carluke.  A Dunipace coach is reported to have entered the field of play "noising up Mark Haddow  before allegedly throwing a punch"  Gary Gow was sent off for retaliating along with said unnamed coach for threatening behaviour.  

Cat, making his debut for Carluke saved a penalty.

Wasn't just the weather conditions that were wild in Carluke on Saturday!

Another example of the nature of our division today.  Almost everyone capable of beating each other.

Lanark beat in form Ashfield with a depleted squad, Dunipace lose heavily after an excellent away win last weekend.

1 point between the top 5 and one shouldn't discount any of the top 9.

Carluke v Lanark today.

Both teams have new management in place. Lanark have the management most associated with Carluke in recent years making their debut. Just a pity it is blowing a gale as it is windy up at the Carluke pitch on the best of days. The ball will be out of play as much as it is in!

The changes this week has seen us lose two players. Not having Sean McKenna up front to hold the ball up, particularly today will be a loss. No news yet of any signings to make up the loss.

Both clubs have swapped goalkeepers in recent weeks with both scheduled to make their 2nd appearances since their move.

It is going to be fun!

10 hours ago, bc57 said:

Carluke v Lanark today.

Both teams have new management in place. Lanark have the management most associated with Carluke in recent years making their debut. Just a pity it is blowing a gale as it is windy up at the Carluke pitch on the best of days. The ball will be out of play as much as it is in!

The changes this week has seen us lose two players. Not having Sean McKenna up front to hold the ball up, particularly today will be a loss. No news yet of any signings to make up the loss.

Both clubs have swapped goalkeepers in recent weeks with both scheduled to make their 2nd appearances since their move.

It is going to be fun!

Carluke 1 Lanark 1

Not the best of games. Wind not too much of a factor today.  Little between the teams although thought Lanark were a bit more creative.

Lanark went 1 up on 70 mins through a Shaun Gallagher penalty but we defended a corner poorly and lost the equaliser to a near post header.

Lanark were awarded another penalty on 85 minutes. I had sympathy with the claims by Carluke that it was a dive. Having taken an excellent first penalty the second was easily saved so justice may well have been done.

Carluke's poor disciplinary record continued when one of their CB's took one for the team bringing down our man bearing down on goal. 2nd yellow saw him see red as the game entered injury time.

Surprised to see Sean McKenna turn out for Carluke today. Fortunately he didn't get a kick and was subbed at half time.

Too many draws for Lanark this season.

4 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Carluke 1 Lanark 1

Not the best of games. Wind not too much of a factor today.  Little between the teams although thought Lanark were a bit more creative.

Lanark went 1 up on 70 mins through a Shaun Gallagher penalty but we defended a corner poorly and lost the equaliser to a near post header.

Lanark were awarded another penalty on 85 minutes. I had sympathy with the claims by Carluke that it was a dive. Having taken an excellent first penalty the second was easily saved so justice may well have been done.

Carluke's poor disciplinary record continued when one of their CB's took one for the team bringing down our man bearing down on goal. 2nd yellow saw him see red as the game entered injury time.

Surprised to see Sean McKenna turn out for Carluke today. Fortunately he didn't get a kick and was subbed at half time.

Too many draws for Lanark this season.

Only the bottom 2 have won less games than us so far.  Won 4 Lost 4 Drawn 6

Great result for the Cairn yesterday in a game that I would have been happy with a draw before a ball was kicked. Next week another difficult game away to in form Bellshill.

anyone can beat anyone at anytime in this league. I feel there are lots of twists and turns before we know who will be champions. In my opinion it's between Bellshill, Royal Albert, St Ants, VOC and ourselves. I think Ashfield are still in contention for promotion.

who do you all think will be the top 4 and in what order???

Archived