Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, graemeb said:

Hallford on the transfer list I heard. Keeper ,apart from one rush of blood moment when he came  needlessly charging out the area to tackle one of their players , did well yesterday, like the  team in general.  Much better from the yowes yesterday i am more optimistic for our chances than 2 weeks ago. where do the ants play now BTW? 

They moved to Cardonald about 10 - 12 years ago.

Away at St Ant's next Saturday on the same day as the Old Firm game.  Am presuming that will make parking a tad more challenging?

They have their own car park and their ground is a fair walk from ibrox so park should be easier than you think. Plus the lads down there will keeo you right if car park is full.

5 hours ago, Rochstar1920 said:

They have their own car park and their ground is a fair walk from ibrox so park should be easier than you think. Plus the lads down there will keeo you right if car park is full.

Thanks. Been often but never on Old Firm Day.

Vale of Leven 2 Johnstone Burgh 3

A really disappointing afternoon. Fairly even first half, Vale took the lead early in the second half but poor ball retention in midfield cost.

Must have been an entertaining game for the neutral groundhoppers I spoke to, but I left frustrated with the points that were chucked away

St Ant's 2 Lanark 2

Lanark opened the scoring in 44 seconds. Beautiful through ball by the returning Cameron Lawson chased down and cut back by Ronan Kearney to be tucked away by a young trials ( he may be signed by now).  Lead didn't last long as St Ant's equalised on 6 minutes and then took the lead on 34 minutes.  Shaun Gallagher followed up last week's miss of the season with another howler before half time. He created a great chance for himself, rounded the keeper but put the ball wide of the post. Similar story in the 2nd half when he couldn't stretch far enough to make good contact with a great cut back. However, Shaun persevered and created another opening for himself which he tucked away with aplomb on 93 minutes to secure Lanark a deserved point.

St Ant's also missed a sitter in the 2nd half.

5 hours ago, sctv said:

Gartcairn 1-0 vale of Clyde
Loads of missed chances and some fine goalkeeping from voc don scott kept the scoreline down against 8 man voc

Really should’ve taken advantage but 3 points and still top

One game at a time mtc

8 man VoC?  Did they take the field with 8 men or did they have players sent off?  If so, when and indeed why?

8 man VoC?  Did they take the field with 8 men or did they have players sent off?  If so, when and indeed why?

There wasn't a bad tackle but there was a slap in the first 10mins that was only deemed a caution which set the tone for the game.referee killed it as a contest.the booking for diving was a terrible decision it was a stonewall penalty the boy has a golf ball lump on his shin from the swipe.the 2 sendings off for dissent where our own fault got to learn to keep the mouth shut but with someone making decisions like those it's hard to keep it all bottled up

Lanark 3-3 Gartcairn
A proper junior game that had everything, both teams converting penalties in a first half that both teams tried hard without being at their best, wind played a major part.

Second half with both teams trying to play football , for me Gartcairn edged it on balance of play, both teams again tried to play football and it was end to end, it was Lanark who went ahead albeit the keeper should’ve did better.
The cairn pushed and pushed and got a deserved equaliser again thru Ryan Donnelly, on came our captain kev Ross for the injured tait and had an immediate impact with kev Ross bulletins in a scobie cross to take the lead.
Talk about an inspired substitution.
Just after Lanark we’re reduced to ten men , maybe I missed what for but honestly couldn’t see why.
Gartcairn failed to hold out and with minutes remaining Lanark equalised.
Game ended 3-3

Summary
Gutted, thought we had won it only to throw two points away at end, in truth draw a fair result.
Joint top of the table with surprise package Royal Albert.
Still one game at a time and as always the next ones the most important. Mtc

Thanks to Tam and his committee for halftime and full time hospitality and all the best for the rest of season

Vale of Clyde 4 Vale of Leven 2

Another awful second half killed Vale. I don't know what's happening after half time these last few weeks.

Tetchy, niggly game that I thought the ref did well to handle without having to send anyone off.

Disappointed doesn't cover it, but onto next week.

Happier times

Archived