Central league division 2

Gartcairn Army

Hi All,

not sure a thread has been started for this season so I've started one now.

some very interesting pre season results so far with Ashfield beating Irvine Meadow 5 v 2 and Kilsyth Rangers 4 v 2 and Gartcairn beating Largs 4 v 2 but then being hammered 5 v 0 from Meadow.

Ashfield dropping from 16/1 to 7/1 for the title.

How will the relegated clubs bounce back, Bellshill, Johnstone Burgh and Vale of Clyde who I hear have a very strong squad of top amateur players.

Who are your top 3 selections to go up???

good luck all....

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off the top of my head its top three up and the rest remaining in the bottom division.

Bellshill  ,Ashfield, Vale of Clyde  . Gartcairn , johnstone  burgh chapping at the door   the rest will struggle big time .. won over the season could go down to last few games again for 3rd place  .. mangers will come and go  as will players ...

Who will be first manger to walk away from the firing line  

I have only seen one game and I always believe that at this stage of the season it is largely guesswork but, as we are currently a weaker squad than we were last season I would be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if we were to be in the mix come the season end.

Based upon the 3 games that I have seen so far I would predict that we will be more likely to finish in the bottom 3 than in the top 3. Granted we were without two of our most creative players tonight but we have also lost the battling qualities of Hugh Kelly. As things stand, it is going to be a slog this season. 

6 minutes ago, tambothejambo said:

What's went wrong do you think
Poor recruitment

I'm a fan of the manager but I would say he has failed to keep some important players over the last two years, despite that I thought they gave a good account of themselves last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

VoC 0 LANARK 2

Lanark rode their luck to some extent today as Gareth Halford had to be on top form, including a penalty save just after half time after we went in 0-1 following a blunder by their keeper.

Ironically VoC keeper had the best save of the day keeping out an excellent strike from Ronan Kearney. Lanark increased their lead on 90 minutes having come much more into the game as it wore on.

The change of management made a difference. The atmosphere was better and more encouraging. Paul Burns, played well, despite his management responsibility, ably supported by Craig Stark and Thomas McGauley.

Had my first pies of the season - very nice they were too. 

Lanark 2 Royal Albert 2
Once again threw away a 2 goal lead.  Went 2 up after half time but lost goals in the 76th and 92nd minutes, the equaliser coming straight after we'd missed a golden chance to put the game away.
We were very poor against a poor team.  We have too many passengers.  Whoever the new management team is to be will have to have the ability to attract some talent.  Great to see Shug Kelly today. Can understand why he didn't start the game but we could have done with him from the off.  

Not one to criticise refs but today's chap was very poor. Our most creative player Ronan Kearney was chopped in 2 from behind on 35 minutes. He has to hobble off and the only person in the ground who didn't think it was red was the most important one.
One offside against us in the 2nd half was an absolute shocker . Lots of other very poor decisions. Our left back had 4 successive foul throws. Ref never pulled him up once.

Johnstone 4 Dunipace 1

Bag of shite! More later when I've finished drinking!!!

Lanark 2 Royal Albert 2
Once again threw away a 2 goal lead.  Went 2 up after half time but lost goals in the 76th and 92nd minutes, the equaliser coming straight after we'd missed a golden chance to put the game away.
We were very poor against a poor team.  We have too many passengers.  Whoever the new management team is to be will have to have the ability to attract some talent.  Great to see Shug Kelly today. Can understand why he didn't start the game but we could have done with him from the off.  

Not one to criticise refs but today's chap was very poor. Our most creative player Ronan Kearney was chopped in 2 from behind on 35 minutes. He has to hobble off and the only person in the ground who didn't think it was red was the most important one.
One offside against us in the 2nd half was an absolute shocker . Lots of other very poor decisions. Our left back had 4 successive foul throws. Ref never pulled him up once.

Who scored Lanark's goals bc57

Good result for Carluke today and a decent result for both Lanark and royal Albert, I think Albert will be at the promotion end of the table this season which is great considering previous seasons and Lanark have had a better start under burns and Stark than previous seasons

I will be amazed if Albert are anywhere near the promotion end of the table this season. With our current squad, Lanark will not be in contention either.

We've only played 2 games and, from memory, are only one point better off than this time last season so would not be reading anything into our start.  We were 2 up with 14 minutes to go yesterday. We lost the equaliser in the 92nd minute through very poor defending.  Not good.

Archived