League 1 Underrated Players

41 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

That the same one that played for Ayr a few years back? Can't really remember what he was like but I'm sure we had someone with the same name as that.

Aye same one

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly not anymore but Scott Robertson was very underrated by Stranraer fans in his first season or two.
Can count on one hand the amount of games he's rated below seven. Solid in quite a few positions.

• 3 months later...
I'd throw Robbie Crawford in for Ayr. I genuinely think he's one of the best midfielders in the league yet there are Ayr fans that wouldn't even have him in the team.

Totally agree with that. Was thinking that again yesterday, he’s the one guy in the team that will always get the ball down and try to pass it.
His wee ball to Shankland for Moore’s goal was sublime.

I'd throw Robbie Crawford in for Ayr. I genuinely think he's one of the best midfielders in the league yet there are Ayr fans that wouldn't even have him in the team.

The funny thing is people will be extremely confused or delighted when he moves on in the summer.

Massive loss for us if he goes. He’s the one player along with Moffat and Adams where you’d notice if they weren’t playing.

45 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

The funny thing is people will be extremely confused or delighted when he moves on in the summer.

Massive loss for us if he goes. He’s the one player along with Moffat and Adams where you’d notice if they weren’t playing.

Definitely going in the summer I'd say. That's why it's important for McGuffie to get as much game time as possible to see if he can become Robbie's successor.

Pat Slattery definitely underrated a great workhorse for us. Chris Kane was also versatile for us. Why we buy diddies like Willis when we have guys like these confuses me

Slattery was terrific at QP and was also a very pleasant guy. Have him back in a second.

Ditto Ricky Little. Terrific competitor.

Definitely going in the summer I'd say. That's why it's important for McGuffie to get as much game time as possible to see if he can become Robbie's successor.

It's difficult with McGuffie - he could really do with going on loan to a league one aide and playing every week but we need him as back up.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

It's difficult with McGuffie - he could really do with going on loan to a league one aide and playing every week but we need him as back up.

He wouldn't get a game for anyone outside of Queens Park tbf

31 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

McGuffie the boy that scored that screamer against Hibs in the cup last season?

If so, I seem to remember quite a few Ayr fans raving about him at that time. What's changed?

Aye won the best goal in the cup hing 

Personally i think a lot of young players struggle a wee bit in their second season, whether that being expecting a bit more of them is something different, but unfortunately this season when he has played his approach has been shoot shoot shoot, he tore Montrose apart but just wouldn't release the ball to anyone else for example.  (If he's scoring a couple and hitting the target for the rest its much less of a problem admittedly)

Aye won the best goal in the cup hing 
Personally i think a lot of young players struggle a wee bit in their second season, whether that being expecting a bit more of them is something different, but unfortunately this season when he has played his approach has been shoot shoot shoot, he tore Montrose apart but just wouldn't release the ball to anyone else for example.  (If he's scoring a couple and hitting the target for the rest its much less of a problem admittedly)

Only just realised he’s never scored a league goal for us. He’s probably desperate to start scoring as he feels it’s the only way to impress. He was getting into great positions in the Raith game as well but his shooting was horrendous.

Archived