Overrated "Iconic" Songs

Unleash The Nade

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen have some great songs - Bohemian Rhapsody isn't one of them.  Same goes for John Lennon - Imagine is alright, but he has better.

Born In The USA is an unusual one for me.  It was never one of my favourite Bruce Springsteen songs, but when I saw him play it live I realised how powerful it can be.  Often misinterpreted as well, with many only listening properly to the chorus and thinking it's a patriotic anthem.

The Who - Pinball Wizard

In fact, aside from a couple of hits from the mid '60s, most of their output has been pretty poor. I'd even go as far to say that Squeezebox by The Who is the worst song that has ever been released by any band or artist ever. The only reason I didn't make it my first choice is that it isn't iconic...

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Queen have some great songs - Bohemian Rhapsody isn't one of them.  Same goes for John Lennon - Imagine is alright, but he has better.

Born In The USA is an unusual one for me.  It was never one of my favourite Bruce Springsteen songs, but when I saw him play it live I realised how powerful it can be.  Often misinterpreted as well, with many only listening properly to the chorus and thinking it's a patriotic anthem.

John Lennon as a whole is overrated IMO. And so are The Beatles.

Michael Jackson's entire body of work. Prince was so much better,

The Who - Pinball Wizard

In fact, aside from a couple of hits from the mid '60s, most of their output has been pretty poor. I'd even go as far to say that Squeezebox by The Who is the worst song that has ever been released by any band or artist ever. The only reason I didn't make it my first choice is that it isn't iconic...

This

I'd say Baba O Riley is good but songs like My Generation are grossly overrated

Anything ever released by The Eagles.
Hotel California in particular.

Harsh

Although I saw them last year and it was one of the worst concerts I've ever been it. Well past it but I would've loved to have seen them at their peak.

3 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The Who - Pinball Wizard

I'm a massive Who fan but have to admit when they released Squeezebox I fucking cringed 

4 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

This, not one of his best but still a belter 

Always been a fan of Prince but I've never taking to Purple Rain. When you compare it to other tracks on the album (When doves cry, let's go crazy etc) never mind the rest of his back catalogue it's no where near his best.

Archived