Mod Changes; One in One Out

After serving many years I'm sad to report that @Thundermonkey has decided to step down as a mod on the board. Known this fella for a good few years now and on and offline he's a great lad, even though he supports Falkirk.

Thanks for all your efforts TM!

I'm pleased to advise that @Cardinal Richelieu has agreed to step up to the mod team and I'm sure you will all give our new recruit plenty of support as he settles in to his new role :-)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, keithgy said:

He has had a FK postcode so he still counts.

Nice use of unnecessary alliteration.    

No, it doesn't count.   FM membership has always been: - "current residence".   

Would be brilliant for internet forum fairness( IFF)  and the reputation of this website if you handed in your ability to mishandle moderation of P&B.    

10 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

It's always a concern when a new mod appears on the scene. Fingers crossed he doesn't go mad with power but I'd advise the more foul mouthed posters to keep a low profile for a while. 

Brings back memories of @SaltyTON's time as a mod. His three hours, or whatever it was.

Does div head-hunt in these situations?

Actually, apologies for the lack of manners...div do you head-hunt in these situations?

We've been lucky enough to have more or less the same mod team in place for many years now. They all work well together in what is a totally thankless task.

When TM advised he was stepping down the rest of the mods suggested the replacement and I'm always happy to go along with that and be thankful that there are still people out there willing to do the job!

We've been lucky enough to have more or less the same mod team in place for many years now. They all work well together in what is a totally thankless task.

When TM advised he was stepping down the rest of the mods suggested the replacement and I'm always happy to go along with that and be thankful that there are still people out there willing to do the job!

It's a good process and it seems to work well.

I don't have any social media or other forum accounts and have therefore come to rely on p&b for pretty much all my internet-based information (it gives me a perfect range of football, sport, politics, and general internet tomfoolery).

The self-policing aspect is definitely one of the big plus points. Bravo.

(Having just read this back it appears that I'm a bit of a brown nose. Ah well, what can you do?)

Archived