Stenhousemuir -vs- Stirling Albion

Great result for the Albion today. Good to see Chris Smith get a wee applause before kick off (and didnt hear any abuse). Was bemused at the booing at half time....45mins into the season....

Morrison was man of the match easily. Darren Smith had a decent enough game. Binnie made a great save at the end. Defence and Binnie need to get working together a bit better but apart from that, we looked half decent!

I think Stenny may be one of the better teams in the league (at least top half) so feeling optimistic after that.

Ferry was pretty non existent for Stenny and Ferns....haha! Good luck with him Stenny. He is one hell of a walloper.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Morrison is a good player.

Pretty much agree with all the above comments. Still annoyed with McGuigan after he drew the keeper away from the goals and refused to pass the ball. Despite that he had a good game and got a good goal.

Stirling will be fighting for the play offs this season, don't see them winning the league like Sean Dickson said in the Wee bar after the game. 

Not going to say much about it, only because FF has pretty much said everything that I was going to say.

To answer his question though, where did we find Morrison, the answer is kind of us but Hearts,

He came through the youth set up at Stirling, signed for Hearts and was loaned back to us for a bit last season. He picked up a bad injury, but had he not, then I would of thought he'd of been in the running for League player of the year, but due to injury he didn't really peak until the end of the season. He has been loaned back to us until Christmas, hopefully it'll be extended until the end of the season because I think it's clear to everyone that he has a huge future in the game.

Really disappointed with that today. Midfield was absolutely anonymous and , to use an oft-used cliché, the Albion were allowed far too much time and space in the middle of the park. We look like a half-decent side going forward but defensively appear unorganised which is a rather damning. 

Disagree with FF about Peter MacDonald. He marshalled the front line brilliantly today and had our central defensive line all over the place. It was him that brought Morrison into play on countless occasions and setup the Albions 1st by overpowering  Paton(?) on the stand-side touchline. His experience proved vital for them today.

Have to say Peaso bossed the Stenny defence today. So much better having him than that lanky streak of pish Henderson.

When MacDonald set up the first goal I said to the guy I was with "that's why Henderson won't get in this team, he can't do that".

I thought MacDonald was superb today.

1 hour ago, StewartyMac said:

FF has summed it up pretty well, only mussing two words.

Fucking

YAS!!! 

We're gonnae win the league. FACT.

I hope you're right and feel we'll be up there challenging, but don't confuse opinion with fact.

decided to take a break from posting a few months back . my account was hacked on rave on , so decided to join pie and bovril instead . totally buzzing with todays result  . i have no fears off us dipping our toes near the foot off the league this season . dave mackay has recurited a squad this season where there is going to  be competion for places . and nobody will just walk into the team 

something we havent had for many seasons . best off all no drama queens at the club . had enough of messers fearns. wonder if he was called out to the car park at 5 30 . look forward eagerly now. to berwick and endinburgh games at home 6 points to be collected . and a nice wee point to finish the month at peterhead will do nicely 

Based on that second half the better team won and no complaints here. The wee number 7 ran us ragged. 

I reckon Stirling are a stick on top 3 team without looking that great themselves. 

Our lack of depth is worrying. 

8 hours ago, pete 3 said:

decided to take a break from posting a few months back . my account was hacked on rave on , so decided to join pie and bovril instead . totally buzzing with todays result  . i have no fears off us dipping our toes near the foot off the league this season . dave mackay has recurited a squad this season where there is going to  be competion for places . and nobody will just walk into the team 

something we havent had for many seasons . best off all no drama queens at the club . had enough of messers fearns. wonder if he was called out to the car park at 5 30 . look forward eagerly now. to berwick and endinburgh games at home 6 points to be collected . and a nice wee point to finish the month at peterhead will do nicely 

Noooooooo

Based on that second half the better team won and no complaints here. The wee number 7 ran us ragged. 
I reckon Stirling are a stick on top 3 team without looking that great themselves. 
Our lack of depth is worrying. 

Agreed. Other than Jimmy Scott what changes could you make to that team? We need a couple of players. Probably loans.

Archived