Stenhousemuir -vs- Stirling Albion

9 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Hope Chris Smith doesn't get a bad reception from the Albion fans, without him we'd have probably finished bottom last season.

I'd go with this team, if possible.

Binnie
McNeil- McGeachie- Smith- Noble
Black- Robertson
Morrison- Dickson- Kav
Peaso

Think smith will start, played well in the cup

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Peaso will start central with two of the 3 mentioned beside him, Morrison and Daz for me to start anyways, bring kav on when the defence tires etc, I do like black but i think we start the trio of Roberston Dickson and Caddis and bring in black to shore up the midfield if we are winning

Think Peaso will start central with two of the 3 mentioned beside him, Morrison and Daz for me to start anyways, bring kav on when the defence tires etc, I do like black but i think we start the trio of Roberston Dickson and Caddis and bring in black to shore up the midfield if we are winning

I don't know if those 3 work together tbh thats why I'd put Black in there.

10 hours ago, drs said:

Problem with new posters on here is that they don't know the heritage of the site and thus make a complete tit of themselves like Jake.

^ VL confirmed.

Stennie have always had an odd habit of completely overhyping fairly average wingers who net about 5 per year, so I fully expect that we'll see a couple sign before Saturday and become the best thing since Grant 'Felipe' Anderson as soon as they complete their first cross.

Delighted that we now have football back and something worth talking about again.

What a game to get the league campaign up and running and hopefully we bring a big support through to Ochilview for the match.

After last year I said I wouldn't even try and predict how we'll do this year and I'd just wait and see, however the Betfred Cup has given us confidence and there is no reason we can't get a positive result on Saturday.

As has been said already, both teams will fancy their chances for a top 4 finish at least so it's a big 3 points up for grabs, in what is sure to be a tight league......it's great to have football back [emoji3]

Hope Chris Smith doesn't get a bad reception from the Albion fans, without him we'd have probably finished bottom last season.

I'm sure the small minority will have a few shouts when he is at the terrace end, but most of us will just let him get on with the game, pretty much like last season. I'm not going to repeat myself here but I still can't get my head around that minority giving him abuse but hey ho, each to their own.

Will the stand be open for away supporters as well?? Never liked the view from the Ochilview terrace and would rather go into the stand if possible.

Will the stand be open for away supporters as well?? Never liked the view from the Ochilview terrace and would rather go into the stand if possible.

Im sure it will be for the visit of the Albion and the massive support we will be taking through.

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Delighted that we now have football back and something worth talking about again.

What a game to get the league campaign up and running and hopefully we bring a big support through to Ochilview for the match.

After last year I said I wouldn't even try and predict how we'll do this year and I'd just wait and see, however the Betfred Cup has given us confidence and there is no reason we can't get a positive result on Saturday.

As has been said already, both teams will fancy their chances for a top 4 finish at least so it's a big 3 points up for grabs, in what is sure to be a tight league......it's great to have football back emoji3.png

I'm sure the small minority will have a few shouts when he is at the terrace end, but most of us will just let him get on with the game, pretty much like last season. I'm not going to repeat myself here but I still can't get my head around that minority giving him abuse but hey ho, each to their own.

I can never understand abusing ex players who done a job at your club. Makes no sense but then there are morons in every support.

Just go in the stand I doubt anyone will bat an eye lid. The stewards/club never seem to enforce segregation anyway.

5 hours ago, Neilly said:

I can never understand abusing ex players who done a job at your club. Makes no sense but then there are morons in every support.

Just go in the stand I doubt anyone will bat an eye lid. The stewards/club never seem to enforce segregation anyway.

We have our fair share of morons who consider their right to shout whatever they want to be more important than anything else. Smith dared to shout back a couple of times and apparently that's out of order and worth grown men taking the huff with him over. 

Having been to all 4 Betfred cup games, we were a lot better than everyone is making us out to be. 
Queen's - We ran out of energy
Albion - We never seem to win on grass
EK - We have never beaten EK and both goals should have been prevented
Hamilton - Against a full time team 3 leagues above us. They didn't dominate us for the full game, we held up against them until they scored there second.

As FF said we don't have many attacking options, we have Colin McMenamin, Mark McGuigan, Jamie Longworth and Eddie Ferns. Not much to work with there, especially with having only one winger, being Ferns. Hopefully we can make loan signings and hopefully (very unlikely) Willis Furtado returns to the club. One can dream...

Predict us to win 3- 1, Longworth brace and a goal from David Marsh.

Mon the Stenny.

I have no idea how good Stenny are but I love this post, "we aren't as bad as folk think we are, we just :

Run out of energy
Can't play on grass
Can never beat East Kilbride"

Belter [emoji23]

I have no idea how good Stenny are but I love this post, "we aren't as bad as folk think we are, we just :

Run out of energy
Can't play on grass
Can never beat East Kilbride"

Belter [emoji23]

Twas talking about the performances

The terracing is a pound cheaper than the stand. It has been that price differential for 15 +(?) years, before that there was a 50p price difference. I don't think that's anything out of the ordinary.

Stirling fans can still sit in the stand if they wish. There's no real segregation

Just seems odd charging the away fans less, but suppose it does make sense with the restricted view from some parts of the terrace.

Anyway, game day. Hopefully a win to kick start our promotion push.

I've no love for Chris Smith, might give him a wee bit of heckling for a laugh, but my main target will be that waste of oxygen Eddie Ferns. An utter cretin of a human being. 

But that's all just scenery. It's all about getting the 3 points, and off to a winning start. Brimming with (over)confidence due to the League Cup performances. What can possibly go wrong? :lol:

Archived