Dundee FC v Ross County FC

11 minutes ago, Daydream said:

No complaints on the result. County the better team. Hopefully McCann can address the issues for Wednesday.

If only we'd applied ourselves for the whole 90 minutes, the way we did the last 15.

Yep. Spot on. 

I think McCann will have 'em fired up.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Willie Collum was his usual incompetent self yesterday. I'm not using it as an excuse - he was equally bad for both teams. 

It made me wonder how someone so shite could get to the lofty position he's now in amongst referees. And now I know. 

The only means the SFA have of knowing how their referees perform on a regular basis is via the observer's report. Yesterday's observer? Alan Freeland. 

So what happens is that we have shite referees. They "retire", only to move on to being referee observers. They then assess the referee in terms of their own shite standards, which means new referees become as shite as the old ones, before going on to be observers...and so the cycle continues, and all the while the SFA receive glowing reports. 

That's not quite how it works is it? County run up debt every year and run at a massive loss and Global Energy write off said debt year on year.
There's nothing wrong or illegal about it of course. It's just some County fans seem to forget how fortunate a position they're in.

How is that different from Directors putting money in on an annual basis? For Global read Roy, it's a Director subsidising the club, not that unusual in football. Ask Thistle fans about their new training facilities and how they are funded.
I don't think many County fans forget how fortunate we are. As I've said before, more than one Director puts money in and the long term aim is to make it viable. If it doesn't work we will have the facilities in place but we may well drop down as other clubs have done. Until then we compete at the top level, maybe it's just time to accept our business model and move on.

5 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

How is that different from Directors putting money in on an annual basis? For Global read Roy, it's a Director subsidising the club, not that unusual in football. Ask Thistle fans about their new training facilities and how they are funded.
I don't think many County fans forget how fortunate we are. As I've said before, more than one Director puts money in and the long term aim is to make it viable. If it doesn't work we will have the facilities in place but we may well drop down as other clubs have done. Until then we compete at the top level, maybe it's just time to accept our business model and move on.

I don't think anyone doesn't accept County's business model. I think what people don't accept is the press praising them as some kind of fairytale and County fans giving it the big 'un over the likes of ICT and Hamilton who live within their means. Something which your club, getting similar or worse crowds and along with it revenue, don't.

Willie Collum was his usual incompetent self yesterday. I'm not using it as an excuse - he was equally bad for both teams. 
It made me wonder how someone so shite could get to the lofty position he's now in amongst referees. And now I know. 
The only means the SFA have of knowing how their referees perform on a regular basis is via the observer's report. Yesterday's observer? Alan Freeland. 
So what happens is that we have shite referees. They "retire", only to move on to being referee observers. They then assess the referee in terms of their own shite standards, which means new referees become as shite as the old ones, before going on to be observers...and so the cycle continues, and all the while the SFA receive glowing reports. 

At one point Davies takes the ball flush on the face, blasted full pelt. It's clearly a head knock, yet the referee, right there, waves play on. The County players were rightly furious.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't think anyone doesn't accept County's business model. I think what people don't accept is the press praising them as some kind of fairytale and County fans giving it the big 'un over the likes of ICT and Hamilton who live within their means. Something which your club, getting similar or worse crowds and along with it revenue, don't.

Oh, so it's the press that's the problem, fair enough, a big bunch of eejits.

Actually we do live within our means, it's just our means include bigger sponsors than ICT and Hamilton. Both these clubs have sponsors from people who sponsor a players shirt through companies that sponsor tables at hospitality through to Directors who put money into the club. We just get more at the moment than they do.

12 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

Oh, so it's the press that's the problem, fair enough, a big bunch of eejits.

Actually we do live within our means.

:lol: Sorry I stopped reading there.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How can a club that gets an £800k loan in a good year (winning the LC and the money you get from that)) written off be seen as living within your means?  f**k knows what you get written off normally per year.  How can paying Davies and McKay and Fraser and Schalk thousands a week when the Jailend may as well not be open on a matchday given how sparse it is be seen as living within your means?

Who are County sponsored by?  A Sultan of Brunei/Bill Gates partnership?

Given the hand-outs your club have had from Highland Council over the years I would be wary of throwing too many stones.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How can a club that gets an £800k loan in a good year (winning the LC and the money you get from that)) written off be seen as living within your means?  f**k knows what you get written off normally per year.  How can paying Davies and McKay and Fraser and Schalk thousands a week when the Jailend may as well not be open on a matchday given how sparse it is be seen as living within your means?

Who are County sponsored by?  A Sultan of Brunei/Bill Gates partnership?

No one has denied that it is only because of Roy's money that we have the facilities that we have and it's also no secret that this allows us to pay some players a decent wage in comparison to other clubs of equal size.

I don't recall anyone bleating about Roy's money when we got relegated to the Second Division.

15 hours ago, RiG said:

Dundee fans are some of the angriest on this forum. It wouldn't surprise me if some of them have gone home and murdered their spouse or cat.

Dundee fans are simply being honest with what they saw on Saturday.  We're not hiding from the facts and making excuses like some do.

Worse thing about your post though is the way you're joking about domestic abuse.  Very poor.

20 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Given the hand-outs your club have had from Highland Council over the years I would be wary of throwing too many stones.

Scottish football needs a strong @TheScarf as an arbiter of financial fair play.  Goodness knows what fairytale County could conjure in his absence.

Neither ICT or Ross County would be in their current positions if it weren't for a substantial investment. f**k knows why some ICT fans have a hard-on for berating Roy McGregor's involvement at County, given their club's track record of hoovering up cash and hand-outs from either the Highland Council or local businessmen.

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

Neither ICT or Ross County would be in their current positions if it weren't for a substantial investment. f**k knows why some ICT fans have a hard-on for berating Roy McGregor's involvement at County, given their club's track record of hoovering up cash and hand-outs from either the Highland Council or local businessmen.

The Scarf conveniently forgets that they would have not been able to enter the SPL if it wasn't for a local company spending the money to make their ground compliant, a ground that they have spent nothing on since it was built with help from the Highland Council and Inverness Common Good Fund.

Archived