Killie V St Johnstone - Meh Derby to kickoff season 17/18

Bell and McDonald are very similar quality of goalkeepers. They have different abilities but, overall, if they were on Fifa they'd both be about a 68.

As for the referee, the last time was the only time we've ever some favourable decisions from him. In the past we've always felt that he's tried too hard to not to show any bias.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a complete farce he's allowed to ref Kilmarnock games.

Tell you what Random, ask any Killie fan what they think of him?

He's a total cnut, we get nothing off him, no matter who we play, seems to have a vandetta against his old man's ex team.

He's a total cnut, we get nothing off him, no matter who we play, seems to have a vandetta against his old man's ex team.

His performance at McDiarmid last season was a complete disgrace, I'll never get over that

54 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I think its just a common trait shared with all official's in Scotland.

"Being pish at their job"

I think Kilmarnock fans should be safe this weekend. There's been a big split in the St Johnstone support recently which I could see leading to a lot of bother at Saturday's game.

I imagine the police will have a separate section for the ITK Saints fans whilst the rest of us stand on the other side of the barrier and shout abuse at the smug c***s.

On the budget I read a piece in the local paper about a "money spinning" tie away to Celtic in the cup. Whilst I'm sure the attendance will only be around 20,000 that actually makes a bit of sense as it might get us an extra £100k or something which I'm assuming would pay Greer's wage with maybe even a bit left over.

Just me who thinks MacDonald is a pretty average keeper then? Seems to look alright in shite teams when he gets to make plenty of saves.

Surely a sign he's actually a decent keeper. He's made tens of brilliant saves against Saints over the years and in many cases been Man of the Match.

You are talking shite. Again.

Surely a sign he's actually a decent keeper. He's made tens of brilliant saves against Saints over the years and in many cases been Man of the Match.

Not really no. I feel the same about Jordan Pickford. You automatically think a keepers great if they make lots of saves, MacDonald makes lots of saves so people see it that way. A lot of that is down the amount of chances the teams he plays in usually concede. Look past it and what I've seen is he's pretty poor in the air, always pushes the ball back into danger and will generally concede most games. Best compliment I can give him as that if you're thinking of a goalkeeper who'll be capable of playing in a bottom half team you think of him.

Not really no. I feel the same about Jordan Pickford. You automatically think a keepers great if they make lots of saves, MacDonald makes lots of saves so people see it that way. A lot of that is down the amount of chances the teams he plays in usually concede. Look past it and what I've seen is he's pretty poor in the air, always pushes the ball back into danger and will generally concede most games. Best compliment I can give him as that if you're thinking of a goalkeeper who'll be capable of playing in a bottom half team you think of him.

A keeper making lots of saves is average?

Take Lloris at Spurs for example - i think Spurs conceded about 2 chances a game on average last season. Yet conceded probably 20 goals. So a keeper who is regarded as one of the best lets every other shot in.

If Jamie MacDonald did the same I'd say Killie would be looking at losing at least 4 or 5 nil every week.

Stats don't always tell the full truth however. MacDonald over the years has made some of the most incredible saves I've seen against Saints, sometimes 2 or 3 in a game.

Either that's very unfortunate on our part or he's a pretty decent keeper.

A keeper making lots of saves is average?

Take Lloris at Spurs for example - i think Spurs conceded about 2 chances a game on average last season. Yet conceded probably 20 goals. So a keeper who is regarded as one of the best lets every other shot in.

If Jamie MacDonald did the same I'd say Killie would be looking at losing at least 4 or 5 nil every week.

Stats don't always tell the full truth however. MacDonald over the years has made some of the most incredible saves I've seen against Saints, sometimes 2 or 3 in a game.

Either that's very unfortunate on our part or he's a pretty decent keeper.

It's unfortunate on our part. He's the anti-thesis to Alan Mannus. One keeps clean sheets, the other makes spectacular saves.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I think Kilmarnock fans should be safe this weekend. There's been a big split in the St Johnstone support recently which I could see leading to a lot of bother at Saturday's game.

I imagine the police will have a separate section for the ITK Saints fans whilst the rest of us stand on the other side of the barrier and shout abuse at the smug c***s.

Our collective faces as you hurl abuse (I'll be a bit tipsy after sharing a pint with The Real Saints)

Image result for smug face gif

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Suppose Saints are lucky that we have 3 better keepers on our books. 4 counting young Sinclair, who will be another international keeper in a few years.

Used to be 5 but unfortunately Tam Scobbie is no longer with us.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Suppose Saints are lucky that we have 3 better keepers on our books. 4 counting young Sinclair, who will be another international keeper in a few years.

Top quality trolling. You almost had me there, you young scamp!

On 02/08/2017 at 23:08, scottmcleanscontacts said:

I'd disagree. Bobby Geddes was a brilliant shot stopper for us, flapped at every cross.

The things a keeper should be judged on are shot stopping, positioning, communication, commanding his area, dealing with cross balls and distribution.

Mcdonald is great at one of those.

He's competent at another 2.

He's poor at 3.

He's a decent keeper; no more, no less.

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

I'd disagree. Bobby Geddes was a brilliant shot stopper for us, flapped at every cross.

The things a keeper should be judged on are shot stopping, positioning, communication, commanding his area, dealing with cross balls and distribution.

Mcdonald is great at one of those.

He's competent at another 2.

He's poor at 3.

He's a decent keeper; no more, no less.

agree with that.

Archived