Killie V St Johnstone - Meh Derby to kickoff season 17/18

On 01/08/2017 at 10:45, Craig McCulloch Burley said:

If Kilmarnock sign Bell and someone with new striker than might start line up face St Johnstone

Bell/McDonald

O'Donnell Broadfoot Greer Taylor

Jones Fizzill McKenzie Thomas

Erwin Boyd/New ST

When I heard Killie were linked with Bell I was a bit surprised. 

Whenever I've seen Mcdonald he's played quite well and often though he was one of the better keepers in the league. Am I missing something Killie fans? Does he just play well against Saints. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Whenever I've seen Mcdonald he's played quite well and often though he was one of the better keepers in the league. Am I missing something Killie fans? Does he just play well against Saints. 

I honestly have no idea either. MacDonald is a superb keeper. Once Woodman came in though it seemed to be the cool thing to do amongst supports to make out Jamie is shite, despite the fact he has kept us in so many games. 

He's a keeper that rarely makes a lot of mistakes and makes some tremendous saves. His distribution isn't the greatest but it's not the worst either. 

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

In fact, against Saints 2(?) seasons ago, he made some of the best saves I've ever seen a killie keeper make. 

The triple save he made against us a few seasons ago at McDiarmid Park was ridiculous. In injury time, and cost us a replay in the Scottish cup.

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The triple save he made against us a few seasons ago at McDiarmid Park was ridiculous. In injury time, and cost us a replay in the Scottish cup.

Aye that's the one I'm thinking of. I couldn't believe it. 

Tremendous keeper who's been treated poorly IMO. 

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yeah, I'm not sure tbh. He's been one of our better performers in the time he's been here. There have certainly been fairly consistent rumours that he's not been happy - training times, travelling distance, being dropped for Woodman etc - but I wouldn't have thought it was an area we needed to strengthen.

Whatever is to happen I'd rather the situation was resolved. I find it unlikely that we'd want to carry two wages for Bell and MacDonald - either way I'll be fairly happy in the goalkeeper going into the new season.

MacDonald has routinely made outstanding stops against Saints. The Killie match sponsors even game him Man of the Match in a game you won 3-0 at Rugby Park a couple of seasons ago!

O'Halloran up front by himself at this stage is a dreadful idea. Thankfully, I doubt Tommy Wright is even considering it.

Just me who thinks MacDonald is a pretty average keeper then? Seems to look alright in shite teams when he gets to make plenty of saves.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just me who thinks MacDonald is a pretty average keeper then? Seems to look alright in shite teams when he gets to make plenty of saves.

Wouldn't say he's average but he's not as good as some would believe.

47 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

At very least though for me Mcdonald is a better option than Bell.

Rangers Bell - Agree

Kilmarnock Bell - Disagree

Dundee Utd Bell vs Dunfermline - Strongly disagree

[mention=31296]RandomGuy[/mention] will love this.

It's a complete farce he's allowed to ref Kilmarnock games.

Archived