Killie V St Johnstone - Meh Derby to kickoff season 17/18

Sounds fair, but you have to admit our defending for the 2nd saints goal was nothing short of horrific, to let a man dance along the 18 yrd box and have 5 guys not stick a tackle in is fucking criminal.....

I've sympathy for them, he was in full flow on the edge of the box, he's almost impossible to stop at that point. Forcing him wide was probably the best option.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a shot knowing Davidson! Pretty sure he was trying to clean both ball and man out, the wee lad shat himself and Murray just kicked it in the direction he was facing. [emoji23]

I think you're maybe on about different shots. He had an actual shot that went close early on, before hitting the bar from the halfway line.

I think you're maybe on about different shots. He had an actual shot that went close early on, before hitting the bar from the halfway line.

Ahh I know the one you mean, didn't know if that was him or Paton, who also had one heading for the top corner until Greer got his napper on it.

Think Kilmarnock look a lot better than last season already. Not convinced you can play the style you seemed to want to, with the centre halves starting attacks, with Boyd as the lone front man though, he's easily marked out a game which made it easy for us to try and take up the gaps elsewhere. Erwin in for Boyd would be huge though, he completely turned the game in your favour once he came on. Middle of the park looked a bit non-existent, and Broadfoot looked fairly poor anytime anyone ran at him, but your wide men should win you games. They had zero end product today, but showed enough to suggest they'll come good.

Horrendous defending for both Saints goals. I'd have hoped someone would just go through him, give away a freekick but save a goal. On another day it could've been a draw or even a Killie win. Plenty of chances for us after Boyds Thunderb*****d of a freekick. Erwin made a big difference when he came on. Our 2 wingers were marked out the game first half, when we went 4-4-2 we seemed to have more space on the wings, Boyd can be a really effective striker when he has someone to play off. Linked up well with erwin. 

Saints are well set up. We're not a million miles away. 

You were in the Chadwick? Strange choice of seat.

We maybe discussing a different shot, I thought you meant the one where it went over the bar and McLean gave a corner when MacDonald was nowhere near it....

Horrendous defending for both Saints goals. I'd have hoped someone would just go through him, give away a freekick but save a goal. On another day it could've been a draw or even a Killie win. Plenty of chances for us after Boyds Thunderb*****d of a freekick. Erwin made a big difference when he came on. Our 2 wingers were marked out the game first half, when we went 4-4-2 we seemed to have more space on the wings, Boyd can be a really effective striker when he has someone to play off. Linked up well with erwin. 
Saints are well set up. We're not a million miles away. 
LM has to be convinced now that Boyd can't play upfront on his own, Erwin's introduction made a huge difference and put Saints straight into the backfoot, we also miss Dicker badly in midfield.

If he is still in the market for 2 players, as he mentioned last Monday night and on his KillieTV interview, then a frontman & another midfield option should see us ok.

Your correct were not a million miles away from having a decent squad & season ahead.

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Some goal from O'Halloran although of course he should've been tackled/fouled before he got there.

Thought we dominated the second half and not too disheartened.

I've seen us concede like that and it's infuriating. You just wonder why, as you say, someone doesn't tackle or foul.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

We maybe discussing a different shot, I thought you meant the one where it went over the bar and McLean gave a corner when MacDonald was nowhere near it....

I'm talking about the long range effort maybe 5 mins before halftime.

30 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I've seen us concede like that and it's infuriating. You just wonder why, as you say, someone doesn't tackle or foul.

To be fair if you foul him and then the free kick ends up going in then you're the bad guy anyway. Probably hard for any player to make that split second decision due to the way MOH was ghosting past people. I actually think Broadfoot tried to take him out but just couldn't get near him.

On the whole though I was pretty pleased with our defence today. For a change I don't think we'll lose many physical battles this year.

I'm talking about the long range effort maybe 5 mins before halftime.

Yeah Dindy, we are I was refering to the rising drive from the east stand side that went over the bar, McLean then proceeded to gesture McDonald touched it, which he didn't, and gave a corner.

You were referring to the 50/50 ricochet where McDonald was back peddling and it hit his bar, I doubt he would of got it had it been a couple of inches lower tbh.

Archived