Motherwell vs Rangers 6th August

30 minutes ago, Desp said:

Jesus, I agree with every word MJC has said.

Said walking out, it was a typical Motherwell v Rangers game. Same old story.

It's like watching the same movie over and over again and expecting something different to happen every time, but at the back of your mind you know how it ends and you curse yourself for hoping the outcome would be different.

Rangers, even before they went down the tubes and had a good side, very rarely came to Fir Park and hammered us by playing us off the park with swashbuckling football, the games were more often than not on a knife edge but every break of the ball in either box fell their way and we always made the wrong decisions in the final third. Now that they are basically a bog standard SPFL side, nothing has changed and it's infuriating to watch.

Just watch Hibs take at least a draw off them next week.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Bigirimanas absence been explained yet?

After his previous experience in Scottish football, I think he's just allergic to all things Rangers.

giphy.gif

Seen it before. We were more than worth a point but shot ourselves in the foot.

Moult's sold the jerseys and it doesn't really matter who you're playing if you pass up chances as we did you're not going to win games like that.

3 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

The referee obviously has had a wedge placed under the refs door before the game started. He gave Well nothing today. SEVCO's penalty was bizarre.

what was bizarre about smashing someone in the side of the face and it being a foul? if you are going to moan about a refs performance, dont use one of the most blatant fouls of the day as an example ffs

3 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

The referee obviously has had a wedge placed under the refs door before the game started. He gave Well nothing today. SEVCO's penalty was bizarre.

Schoolboy patter, yet so common in Scottish football when a certain club is involved. Madden was his usual fussy, inconsistent self today, nothing new there.

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Win-win for MJC today?

Had it been against anyone other than my own team I'd be having the usual chuckle at the Rangers obsessors and their double standard views. Wouldn't call it a win per se, but it'd be highly amusing nonetheless. As it is I'm in too bad a mood for that this evening.

Schoolboy patter, yet so common in Scottish football when a certain club is involved. Madden was his usual fussy, inconsistent self today, nothing new there.

Not often I'll agree with you, but aye, this. Couldn't see any real bias in the part of the match I saw, just, yet another, referee who only seems to understand the rules about 10% of the time and spends the rest of it guessing.

2 minutes ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Enjoy your hometown team getting a beating today?

I always like Motherwell (and Accies and Airdrie) winning when they're not playing us so I was pretty relaxed about today's result.

How's yourself anyway?  Some of your pals will be happy tonight.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I always like Motherwell (and Accies and Airdrie) winning when they're not playing us so I was pretty relaxed about today's result.

How's yourself anyway?  Some of your pals will be happy tonight.

Fair play to you, good luck for the season ahead. (I would add "except when playing us" but today was another reminder that you never need luck to beat us anyway :rolleyes: )

Still can't believe big Fisher didn't burst the net with that one at the end, sums him up in front of goal at the minute. Actually thought he made a massive difference when he came on though, looks good with his back to goal if you get the ball into his chest/feet, good link up play but sadly he just seems to be lacking confidence in front of goal at the minute. Him aside I also thought Kipre, Heneghan and Cadden were all terrific and didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

As feared Moult was miles off the pace again, gave away a pen, could have been sent off and missed an absolute sitter. McHugh was a massive disappointment, slow, ponderous, poor in possession and a shadow of the player we know he can be. That combined with Bigi's absence meant we never really got to grips with things in the middle of the park, especially int he first half. Dorrans had a field day. Surprised to see Bowman come on, boy's a worker and gets himself into good areas but sadly just seems to lack that quality with his final touch, another sliding doors moment in his Motherwell career today you feel with that chance he passed up.

Of the new guys I stand by my assertion that Tanner has something about him, makes bad decisions at times and some of his set pieces were suspect but some of his close control and one touch passes were delightful. His cross for the goal was top class as well. Dunne was a bit hit or miss, almost had his very own Zak Jules moment down the far side in the 2nd half but reasonably solid that incident apart. Also, while he improved a wee bit in the 2nd half, other than height I'm yet to see what Andy Rose brings us that Alan Campbell wouldn't?  

Overall I was fairly encouraged, after the first 5-10 mins I thought we were in for a real doing but managed to bounce back and should really have taken something from the game with some of the absolute sitters we passed up. Get Moult fit, get Bigi in the middle and hope that was just an off day for McHugh and I'm still relatively optimistic for the season ahead. *

* Although that  might change if we're out the League cup and still on 0 points this time next week.

18 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

what was bizarre about smashing someone in the side of the face and it being a foul? if you are going to moan about a refs performance, dont use one of the most blatant fouls of the day as an example ffs

Get a grip man. That was one of many decisions he made which made the result farcical. As a neutral, I  am being honest and unbiased because I have no love of either clubs that were on display today.  

5 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Get a grip man. That was one of many decisions he made which made the result farcical. As a neutral, I  am being honest and unbiased because I have no love of either clubs that were on display today.  

if you are truthful in that you are being honest and unbiased, and you dont think the elbow to the face was a penalty, then i suggest you take an interest in another sport, like lawn bowls or something along they lines

so tell us what "many" decisions made the result farcical?

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

if you are truthful in that you are being honest and unbiased, and you dont think the elbow to the face was a penalty, then i suggest you take an interest in another sport, like lawn bowls or something along they lines

2 blatant pens the handball and the push on bowman in the box

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

What about just about every 50/50 decision, two clear hand balls in the box or half a dozen examples of Rangers clearly hitting the ball out for a corner or throw in only for the officials to give the decision to them?  Then we'll throw in that both teams committed 17 fouls yet Motherwell were given 50% more bookings.

We can't blame the referee for the defeat, we missed sitters, but Madden was dreadful.

Archived