Motherwell vs Rangers 6th August

Rangers looked decent going forward at times but when they lost the ball they fell to pieces. Unless that defence improves sharpish they will struggle to finish 3rd this year.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, only ourselves to blame for failing to get anything from that game. Poor choices too many times.

If that performance is anything to go by, Rangers will be no better than last season.

No complaints after that today, if you are as toothless as we are up front then you'll lose more than you win.

We'll now get all the usual patronising "unlucky Motherwell, on another day bla bla bla" but I take nothing from that. That was a typical Motherwell v Rangers game at Fir Park; they were bang average, we could have taken something but we just weren't sharp or streetwise enough and as usual get zero breaks. Dare I say it but if that was Hibs or Hearts or St.Johnstone playing that Rangers team today the worst result they would have got would have been a point.

It's difficult to judge after that how well we'll do this season as I said it was us v Rangers and as usual nothing goes for us and we always find a way to be disappointed at the end, but I fear the lack of goals and a goal threat is going to kill us this year. Tanner, Fisher and Bowman leading our line just will not do and Moult looks a mile off the pace, but that doesn't excuse his sitter in the first half when he was trying to go for the spectacular when a tap in would have been sufficient. 

All in all, just another disappointing and frustrating day for us against Rangers and yet another case of what might have been.

We aren't good enough to be put in a position where our top scorer is subbed before he is sent off.
We're definitely not good enough to have the crap crosses and dead balls we did today.

No complaints after that today, if you are as toothless as we are up front then you'll lose more than you win.
We'll now get all the usual patronising "unlucky Motherwell, on another day bla bla bla" but I take nothing from that. That was a typical Motherwell v Rangers game at Fir Park; they were bang average, we could have taken something but we just weren't sharp or streetwise enough and as usual get zero breaks. Dare I say it but if that was Hibs or Hearts or St.Johnstone playing that Rangers team today the worst result they would have got would have been a point.
It's difficult to judge after that how well we'll do this season as I said it was us v Rangers and as usual nothing goes for us and we always find a way to be disappointed at the end, but I fear the lack of goals and a goal threat is going to kill us this year. Tanner, Fisher and Bowman leading our line just will not do and Moult looks a mile off the pace, but that doesn't excuse his sitter in the first half when he was trying to go for the spectacular when a tap in would have been sufficient. 
All in all, just another disappointing and frustrating day for us against Rangers and yet another case of what might have been.

Still be a decent sash bash down the lodge tonight big man.

Moult was a disgrace today. I know he's looking for a move but while he still wears our jersey and we still pay his wages he should be playing for Motherwell FC and the tea, not for himself or the cameras. Robinson should be having a word in his ear. That said, our distribution and final ball were appalling today.

1 minute ago, MikeyWellFan said:

Still be a decent sash bash down the lodge tonight big man.

Aye I'll head down after I've been to mass at the Chapel.

Moult had a stinker at both ends today

Any other player in a Motherwell shirt would've got pelters for a display like that.
Has Bigirimanas absence been explained yet?

First and foremost that is was a great game today. I should be more annoyed than I feel, as we had enough chances to win (despite them hitting the woodwork twice) and we should have had two penalties.

Moult was foolish with the one he gave away and he should have headered his first half chance. To be fair to him he was miles off the pace last week and clearly isn't fully fit.

I still feel encouraged for the season although that may change after Dingwall (home game for me this season) on Wednesday.

Archived