Arbroath v Queens Park

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no doubt we're not blameless in the physio farce, but for me it's just all round bad crack for a trained physio to be told not to treat someone who's injured. Delighted we won yesterday, Queens team were a bunch of greeting faced b*****ds. Kader got into some great positions but his final ball is very frustrating. Doris his usual self, unreal for the second goal and hopefully he's okay. Thought we missed Pongo in the first half, we had Queens stretched but Whatley and Yule, as well as they both played, don't have the ability to pick a pass like Pongo does. Thought Little had one of his poorer games at the back, but still okay. TOB is a machine, don't think I've seen anyone hit a ball harder than him either. Great start, on to Airdrie next week.

Whatley and Yule have the jerseys just now so mccord has to work to get back into the team. It's not as if he had a great pre season, he missed most of it. 

I also wouldn't describe Yule as a holding midfielder, he looks to me to be an all rounder and can do everything so no lack of flair. Denholm may go wide at some point so McCord could play in behind Doris, so many options. 

Think at times through the season all combinations will be used in that centre 3 depending on who we play.

Omar is in just now playing where Denholm does which is keeping McCord and Swankie out the team.

I think Yule and McCord will be the main 2 with Whatley maybe playing in the harder games or away from home and Swanks maybe playing in games like yesterday.

But we can chop and change it a lot which is great. Just needing some defensive cover, get the fear when a tackle goes in on our back 4.

Whatley was excellent yesterday all over the pitch. If we play a 4 in midfield I can see those two playing more often than not. If Swankie comes into that formation Denholm will move wide and Kader benched I would think. Kader was excellent yesterday and certainly offers good cover to the fullback. Only criticism is his final ball was often a bit poor. Mccord certainly offers more creativity in midfield but think he is better suited in a central 3 than a 2. Great to have the depth in the squad that we have.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

... bad crack for a trained physio to be told not to treat someone who's injured. 

So now it's taken another dimension. Where do you people get this stuff from?  Are you a Daily Mail journalist by any chance :lol::lol:

Somebody mentioned earlier that there are no Sports Injury physios in Arbroath or thereabouts. Please pass this onto your chairman...

https://www.yell.com/s/sports+injury+clinics-arbroath.html

And while you're at it you could maybe pass on the number for these boys. Physio & sports scientist. Sounds like a good set-up...

http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/index.php/squad-info-mm/coaching-team

You don't think this has anything to do with a tight-arsed chairman who got his story out early to defend his own failings? What told me that the whole event is bogus was the exchange between Gus and Dick. An amicable exchange that i'm confident would have been different had either coach between aware of the physio story. More likely your chairman had a word with one of our blazers and formed a gentleman's agreement that for some reason never got put into effect. 

I've defended the good name of Angus on a number of occasions against those lavvy-heids from Clyde & Berwick. I think to keep the county's honour Arbroath needs to step back down and let Montrose up to properly represent Angus. We'll let it settle at that. 

regarding where swankie will play its swankie and doriis up top this season at home anyway

Can't see us playing 2 up top much this season, will likely be 1 up top and 1 in behind, Linn, Swankie or like yesterday Denholm, only time might be if we are chasing a game

Horrendous from us. Every Arbroath fan watching that will have us as favourites to go down and wonder how we finished 6th last season. Utterly anonymous in all areas. They were more than worth the three points.

Watched highlights, looked a fairly comfortable win for the boys. Nice finish from Yule following great work by Doris. Doris looking very sharp so hopefully not a long term injury, Yule looks good in the middle of the park. Kader seemed a constant threat down the right with Denholm fairly suited to the free role at 10.

Same starting XI next week if all fit.

Horrendous from us. Every Arbroath fan watching that will have us as favourites to go down and wonder how we finished 6th last season. Utterly anonymous in all areas. They were more than worth the three points.

Nah it's only the 1st game, you can't be this bad all season, can you, surely not

So now it's taken another dimension. Where do you people get this stuff from?  Are you a Daily Mail journalist by any chance :lol::lol:
Somebody mentioned earlier that there are no Sports Injury physios in Arbroath or thereabouts. Please pass this onto your chairman...
https://www.yell.com/s/sports+injury+clinics-arbroath.html
And while you're at it you could maybe pass on the number for these boys. Physio & sports scientist. Sounds like a good set-up...
http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/index.php/squad-info-mm/coaching-team
You don't think this has anything to do with a tight-arsed chairman who got his story out early to defend his own failings? What told me that the whole event is bogus was the exchange between Gus and Dick. An amicable exchange that i'm confident would have been different had either coach between aware of the physio story. More likely your chairman had a word with one of our blazers and formed a gentleman's agreement that for some reason never got put into effect. 
I've defended the good name of Angus on a number of occasions against those lavvy-heids from Clyde & Berwick. I think to keep the county's honour Arbroath needs to step back down and let Montrose up to properly represent Angus. We'll let it settle at that. 

DC and Pink looked pretty pissed of during the conversation with MacPherson. And the chairman wouldn't have said anything to anybody if he wasn't rushing away to Edinburgh, he was running up to his car and people asked him. He wasn't going out of his way to get his story out as you put it.

And Montrose will probably be the Angus representatives in your league next season so I wouldn't worry.

16 hours ago, ecto said:

Nah it's only the 1st game, you can't be this bad all season, can you, surely not

We won't be, as you said it's only the first game. We lost the first game last season and went onto finish 6th. In fact I remember getting pumped by Arbroath 0-3 first game in 06/07 and having a pretty good season. Just a very disappointing performance compared to our last 3 cup games

Archived