Arbroath v Queens Park

5 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

also heard dc didnt even go to see hows doris was after the game corporate duties to attend to top boi tho

Funny how the players all seem to like and want to play for him though.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only real gripe from today is that it should've been more, it was so comfortable. Pretty bad crack from Queens that they were so outclassed they resorted to sticking the boot in though.

Whats the crack with the German flag captains armband?

It is then remarkable how DC came from the dressing room to give his post match address to the media and then returned to the dressing room..........

There are always some real crackers from the terracing.  Normally it's the old "Bring back Baikie" when we go one down, but on a day when the Championship Flag is raised, and we have one of the strongest squads I can recall, winning 2-0 yet there are 3 or 4 "fans" can still shout abuse and swear at our assistant manager is just - well you couldn't make it up.

19 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

also heard dc didnt even go to see hows doris was after the game corporate duties to attend to top boi tho

trust me 1320 its more than bruising. but this whole episode has taken the gloss of a good home win witch is a shame.

Don't think it has. It wasn't great and it was awkward to watch but there's no way it ruined the day. Just an unfortunate thing to happen. 100 percent believe what Simon is saying and it's made this look much worse than it is.

And suppose we'll find out next week, if it's ligament damage he'll be out 6-8 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

how little you know sbc doris wasnt in the dressing room he was in the treatment room dc blanked him simple as that

What exactly are you trying to prove?

The lack of a Physio is embarrassing, but if the club doctor was in attendance why didn't he/she go and treat Doris? It was more their responsibility to do so than the QP Physio. 

On another note, I was disappointed to see that players who won the league for us were sitting on the bench during the flag unfurling. Surely they should've been on the pitch even though they weren't in the starting 11 today?

Good performance, especially second half and a good three points. 

Don't think it has. It wasn't great and it was awkward to watch but there's no way it ruined the day. Just an unfortunate thing to happen. 100 percent believe what Simon is saying and it's made this look much worse than it is.

And suppose we'll find out next week, if it's ligament damage he'll be out 6-8 weeks.

If it's ligament damage it wasn't caused by impact. Incredulous that some of your lot think lack of attention for one of your players at your own ground is down to anyone but AFC. And where is the evidence for this 'agreement' other than local gossip? And where was the St Andrews volunteers to go and stretcher the boy back round? Or should we have brought ours too? Tell Dick I'll pop back on Monday and take the strips down to the laundromat for him. And pay, obviously.

We should all be thankful there wasn't a bone break or head clash. Shame and embarrassment should be your club's top emotions.

I am however grateful for having this nonsense, the failing sea fest and whatever was happening at The Den to help limit any discussion on the QP performance. Shame and embarrassment are my top emotions. After a promising LC we're back to long, high and slow balls from the back to frontmen who want the ball to feet. And a midfield left stranded 20 metres from the ball as a consequence. Significant difference when Duff and Big Green came on and we got bodies forward and passed the ball.

With a speedy and balanced midfield supporting Doris, a proper point man, coupled to a solid back line superbly led by Ricky, Arbroath look very healthy to me.

Pie stand still excellent.

all said about dc was that he never went see one of his injured players after the game . the main talking point should of been the result today first home game as champions great home win . but its not our player gets injured our assistant manager has to walk round and help him to the changing room ffs. does AFC now mean amateur football club .

Big Lichtie as someone who has said on here that they know Doris do you really think it's in his best interests to be putting up information like this on a fans forum?

It's like you're speaking on behalf of him at times.

You're making it sound like Stevie is moaning about DC today when I'm sure it's a total non issue. Like you did about the contract stuff a month back.

Even if he did feel pissed off at DC today and felt annoyed with the club about announcing him as signed he surely wouldn't want it put all over here?

Archived