Arbroath v Queens Park

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this. We've looked decent in the League Cup and can hopefully carry that forward into this game. Only slight worry is that Arbroath have players in the final third who can punish and we've lost a number of really soft goals. Hopefully just a bit of early rust.

Expect there will be a good crowd with the flag being raised and we should bring a decent support with it being the opening day of the season and good away day. Arbroath will be full of confidence after winning the title and I reckon they'll be comfortably safe in the league, if not pushing for 4th. I'll take a point, just to get something on the board early, but all three isn't impossible if we play as we can. I expect, like a lot of games this season, that this one will be tight.

Absolutely no idea what team we will put out here.

Only certainties are Gold, Little, ToB, Yule and Doris I imagine. Unless Colin Hamilton is fit then he'll be playing too.

Look forward to it. Plenty of options going forward. Think I would go with McCord/Denholm and Linn behind Stevie. If Whatleys still not up to it put Swankie in the middle.

Arbroath away...in the summer. Great start to the season. Sun splitting the sky, Tutties, steak and black pudding pies..

Really looking forward to this campaign; probably more than I have for a while. I've been impressed with us and pleasantly surprised at what I see as a fair bit of improvement on last year....which was great.

All aboard the Gus bus!

Archived