Alloa v Raith

At least the Kirkcaldy posse understand that they can move if they're unhappy with the view, so it's a step up from the mob from Grangemouth.

We spent all of last season apologising for the entrance fee, and now away fans are to be admitted in dribs and drabs throughout the first half? Are we gradually turning into a nightclub, with Wasps1 stuttering his way through the links between Coldplay tunes?  :shutup

Anyway, separating young kids from their parents at the turnstiles is shite, and the folk it happened to should put a complaint in to the club. Let us know if you don't get a response, as that occasionally happens  <_<

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

At least the Kirkcaldy posse understand that they can move if they're unhappy with the view, so it's a step up from the mob from Grangemouth.

We spent all of last season apologising for the entrance fee, and now away fans are to be admitted in dribs and drabs throughout the first half? Are we gradually turning into a nightclub, with Wasps1 stuttering his way through the links between Coldplay tunes?  :shutup

Anyway, separating young kids from their parents at the turnstiles is shite, and the folk it happened to should put a complaint in to the club. Let us know if you don't get a response, as that occasionally happens  <_<

His lawyers must be dripping with money after his unsuccessful reappearance in this here manor.

Anyway, separating young kids from their parents at the turnstiles is shite, and the folk it happened to should put a complaint in to the club. Let us know if you don't get a response, as that occasionally happens  <_>

To be fair how difficult is it if there is next to no U16 queue to have the child with you until you just about get to the turnstile and let the kid go to their gate. It's not rocket science ????

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

His lawyers must be dripping with money after his unsuccessful reappearance in this here manor.

I'm surprised that nobody else has tried the "give me your contact details, or I'll set my lawyers on you" gambit.

Wait...is that how somebody managed to track down Bobby Skidmarks?  :o

Just now, foreverarover said:

To be fair how difficult is it if there is next to no U16 queue to have the child with you until you just about get to the turnstile and let the kid go to their gate. It's not rocket science ????

That's exactly what we were doing, but it's still a couple of minutes with a 5 year old wandering around solo out of sight somewhere new.

Not that it bothered him waiting but but how hard would it be to have a parent & child/other concession gate on the 2nd gate all together or don't they trust the guys counting the cash on entry

1 hour ago, waspie13 said:

Dump really ? what do you call your tip of a stadium then & good enough for you not a patch on that disgrace of a corner we are shoved into at your midden because yous can;t afford to open another stand 

Muster up a half decent support and you wouldn't get papped in the diddy corner at starks. Why would way pay to open a stand that holds 3.5k when teams like yours don't even bring a busload of supporters. I have never heard any stories of away fans not getting in until 315 or not having anywhere to sit when they do get in at our ground. 

And yer pies were shite and my bovril had something that looked like phlegm floating about in it. 

The young 'uns can freak out about going through turnstiles on their own; I know mine wasn't happy about it to start with.

1 minute ago, RR #1 said:

And yer pies were shite and my bovril had something that looked like phlegm floating about in it. 

The roaster detector in the canteen's still working a treat I see  :thumsup2

One of the stewards on the gate was not amused with only the one turnstyle being open. The were told to expect 200. I said it would be nearer 800. Scrappy game. We never looked comfortable although we edged the chances and general play. The first 20 minutes we looked like a hangover from last season. The ref was as poor as our free kick and corners. 2 good goals and the pen looked like a stonewaller. 

4 minutes ago, Narey said:

One of the stewards on the gate was not amused with only the one turnstyle being open. The were told to expect 200. I said it would be nearer 800. Scrappy game. We never looked comfortable although we edged the chances and general play. The first 20 minutes we looked like a hangover from last season. The ref was as poor as our free kick and corners. 2 good goals and the pen looked like a stonewaller. 

If it helps the discussion on the matter of turnstiles, as I exited the ground the stewards were having a debrief and appeared to be discussing the matter.

Hopefully this will filter back to those who can improve on things.

My favourite moment also involved Barr shouting.

An Alloa shouted something at him (couldn't hear what he said), with Barr shouting back "so's yer maw ya f**king p***k".

It would be good to hear stories of Barr doing something with his feet rather than his mouth for a change.

1 hour ago, Narey said:

One of the stewards on the gate was not amused with only the one turnstyle being open. The were told to expect 200. I said it would be nearer 800. 

I'm sure I've heard in the past that Alloa ask the visiting club roughly how many fans to expect. Maybe the guy who loaned Vaughan to Dumbarton answered the phone. Definitely worth getting in touch with Alloa though so that this kind of thing can be handled better next time.

Point against Raith isn't a bad result but a little disappointing to concede late on. Hopefully more to come from Alloa as the new players settle.

My favourite moment also involved Barr shouting.

An Alloa shouted something at him (couldn't hear what he said), with Barr shouting back "so's yer maw ya f**king p***k".

If Barr put as much effort into his football as he did his mouthing off he might actually be of use to us.

The guy is a complete knob.

It's a point most of us would probably have taken today in all honesty. One of the toughest fixtures we could have had to open the campaign. Our performance left alot to be desired considering how we have looked against (no offense) better teams.

First half our tactics left us open to exactly how Alloa played. The game became awful to watch second half as we counteracted it with our changes at ht.

Vaughan showed a bit of quality to get us a point in the end but a point is all either of us really deserved.

Alloa was a ground I wanted tick off for family reasons and I'm glad I have. The pie I suffered is enough to not go back though, never mind our performance. f**k all wrong with the pitch. Our players train on the same type of surface every week so no excuses!

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If Barr put as much effort into his football as he did his mouthing off he might actually be of use to us.

The guy is a complete knob.

If folk would realise that slagging is a two way street the fans would actually be of use to us.

Archived