Alloa v Raith

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

That is the last trip I make to Alloa. £16 to get in that dump is a disgrace. Missed the first ten minutes due to only 1 turnstile being open and when you get in there is no seats in the stand or space on the rail to watch the game meaning I had to stand on that steep hill of dirt behind the goal for 90 minutes. 

Dump really ? what do you call your tip of a stadium then & good enough for you not a patch on that disgrace of a corner we are shoved into at your midden because yous can;t afford to open another stand 

Dump really ? what do you call your tip of a stadium then & good enough for you not a patch on that disgrace of a corner we are shoved into at your midden because yous can;t afford to open another stand 

We shove your 15 fans that you normally bring into an area of the main stand that I have even sat in before and the view isn't all that bad.

You on the other hand could only operate 1 turnstile for 650/700 away fans today.

Get it up ye!

7 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Absolutely raging.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Vaughan's celebration after his goal was outstanding and pretty much shot down anybody who mentioned the possibility of him leaving within the last few weeks.

He's absolutely loving his football right now which he proved with his celebration.

Apart from that, meh. I wouldn't say anyone else played that well today. Midfield kept losing the ball with easy passes.

Buchanan was hopeless. Spence worked hard but very little came off for him again. Barr and Court looked half decent I suppose.

Alloa were really solid today but offered very little going forward. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of that this season. Team's managing to get that first goal then just sitting back.

What game were you watching i didn't  see much sitting back but i did see the  Barry Smith plan b hump up the park 

Our stadium recently hosted a Scotland International fixture. Something your midden could only dream of.

Slow start cost us today and the was really down to the formation. No idea if Matthews was meant to be playing wide left or more central but whichever it was it just didn't work, especially with a left back who isn't really a left back playing behind him. Changes at half time made a difference and Barr should be in that team every game.

We played poor away at a ground where we never play well and which will be tough for teams all season. In the grand scheme of things this season I think a point will be a good result.

Favourite moment today (other than goal) was Barr shouting at Buchanan and Spence telling them to just "f*cking score".

Worst moment that penalty decision or lack of decision. Thomson was at least a yard in the box. Truly awful decision from the lineman and ref.

A lot of folk around me giving Matthews stick for not being wide enough to stop their #2 roaming forward. Thought that was harsh as it looks like he was being asked to play left side of a narrow 3. He was the main out ball for them and it definitely caused us bother.

I think the narrower 3 man midfield will work against certain teams, as it gives us an extra man in the middle and allows the full backs to get forward to give the width. It also fits in the front 3 of Buchanan, Spence and Vaughan which it looks like Barry wants to do.

Missed a few chances and a pretty frustrating afternoon, but last minute goals are always nice - quality strike by Vaughan.

On the turnstiles .....

They had 2 open but some genius thought having an u/16 gate on its own was a good idea. Two problems with that ....

1. It left hundreds of folk aged 16 + queuing for 1 turnstile

2. My 7 year old wasn't allowed to go on the main one and had to go in a different turnstile meaning he was was on his own waiting for me at the other side.

Pretty shambolic.

We shove your 15 fans that you normally bring into an area of the main stand that I have even sat in before and the view isn't all that bad.

You on the other hand could only operate 1 turnstile for 650/700 away fans today.

Little junior club not used to real football teams obviously, you bring 800 fans to Ayr you'll get in no bother.

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

To be fair i have to agree with you only one turnstile open for away support not good enough

Just now, waspie13 said:

To be fair i have to agree with you only one turnstile open for away support not good enough

2 minutes ago, Deadly said:

They had 2 open but some genius thought having an u/16 gate on its own was a good idea. Two problems with that ....

1. It left hundreds of folk aged 16 + queuing for 1 turnstile

2. My 7 year old wasn't allowed to go on the main one and had to go in a different turnstile meaning he was was on his own waiting for me at the other side.

Pretty shambolic.

Aye, my 5 year old was in the same situation, thankfully we were only 3 or 4 people behind him getting in.

Also it's 20 quid, how hard is it to have bundles of 4 pound coins out for change, seemed to be a hell of a delay between handing over cash and getting change.

Aye, my 5 year old was in the same situation, thankfully we were only 3 or 4 people behind him getting in.

Also it's 20 quid, how hard is it to have bundles of 4 pound coins out for change, seemed to be a hell of a delay between handing over cash and getting change.

Aye, agree and to be fair when I went in they did have 4 quid piles ready.

Having young kids separated from parents to get in needs looked at by Alloa as it's not ideal at all, and neither was the length of the queue for other turnstile.

Good numbers travelled today. Hopefully we can keep taking healthy crowds to away games [emoji1360]

Tiny tears from the Fifers!

A Barry Smith team plays like a Barry Smith team but it's the fault of the turnstiles and our pitch.

No issue with the result mate. Think the points about the turnstile are fair enough though.

Tiny tears from the Fifers!

A Barry Smith team plays like a Barry Smith team but it's the fault of the turnstiles and our pitch.

Who's mentioned the pitch?

Pitch looked really good today and Rovers fans can't exactly criticise the pitch as it's common knowledge we're getting the same one put in next summer.

Our stadium recently hosted a Scotland International fixture. Something your midden could only dream of.

Women's football doesn't count.

Archived