Alloa v Raith

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, did I just read we come across as having some sort of superiority complex/given right to get decisions going our way because our fans scream for said decisions? Don't all teams fans scream for decisions that'll go in their favour, dubious or not?

38 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You didn't change a thing?

U wot?

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Any thoughts on Mr Ross Callachan  Esquire giving His Royal Highness Jon Robertson the Second of his name, Head of fire, father of children, the boot? Don't want Thomson to have all the limelight. :P

Football may occasionally involve collisions, but if you played a perfect game of football, no two players would touch. Ballroom dancing is a contact sport.

Depends on your perfect game of football. Hard tackles were a fairly enjoyable part of games. These tackles are not as common as they used to be, which is possibly to the benefit of players, but is to the detriment of the spectacle. Tackling, shoulder challenges, grabbing shirts, jostling in the box at corners and free-kicks all constitute 'contact'. Football is still a contact sport.

Is ballroom dancing even a sport? I'd have that filed under hobbies or pastimes.

...oh.

Not sure about either of the penalty appeals to be honest. I think the one on the edge of the box, it's a foul for a tug on the arm- but wasn't convinced it was in the box at the time and that's still the case. The swan dive didn't help his cause.

The Meggatt one I suppose if the referee is watching the incident for the entire duration then it's a possibility, but while play is raging on that's not really feasible at all. Jostling goes on inside the box all the time off the ball  and Greig still goes down easy. I think the boy doing alloa commentary sums it up correctly- Meggatt rode his luck a bit.

19 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Just for the record, football is not, and never has been, a contact sport.

It's officially a semi-contact sport. You're not supposed to touch but it's unavoidable at times.

Saying "It's a contact sport!" is reserved for absolute goobers with no knowledge of what they speak.

It's officially a semi-contact sport. You're not supposed to touch but it's unavoidable at times.
Saying "It's a contact sport!" is reserved for absolute goobers with no knowledge of what they speak.

Where is the official definition?

Who decided this official definition?

Is there a sport where contact is constant?

What is a goober?

What about a shoulder charge I would say that involved contact and it is a legal challenge under the rules.  Also, what about the time forwards were allowed to barge goalkeepers over the goal line and were awarded a goal for their endeavor.  Football always has been and always will be a contact sport.

What about a shoulder charge I would say that involved contact and it is a legal challenge under the rules.

It isn't.

From memory, the laws don't mention a shoulder charge, but 'charging an opponent' either carelessly, recklessly or with excessive force is a foul.

Archived