Alloa v Raith

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm loathed to say it, however, the only forward we have who has the stature to act as a physical front man is Jonny Court.

I mean no disrespect, however he is just out of the U20's and the task is asking a lot of him.

I completely agree. 

Besides Court we have three strikers who are all capable of getting a good haul of goals in this league, but they do lack a bit of brute strength.  

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spence, Buchanan and Benedictus are all shite, and you should get them punted ASAP, preferably to a wee one-club county where they can avoid doing any harm. Can't think of any specific team, but there's bound to be one out there.

19 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

As predicted, for Rovers, the tiny squad is an issue, while for Alloa, they've no idea how to cope with an even remotely average travelling support.

Considering in recent years we've had regular games against actual big clubs like Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, and they've passed without issue, I don't think that's the problem.

23 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Probably because they're owned by a Tory who owns one suit, who didn't want to employ another turnstile operator.

Not owned by, but the rest is probably about right. Either that, or we've declared passive-aggressive war on Kirkcaldy. Try parking a massive bus in front of the away fans in the return game and we'll see if we can escalate from there.

34 minutes ago, rover1985 said:

From what I've seen from preseason I struggle to see what you think spence has done so great ...to me standouts preseason were vaughan and buchannan .

Or are you spence haha?

We will see at the end of the season ...too early in the season to be judging

Spence works his c**t out so the likes of Vaughan and Buchanan get opportunities

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Spence, Buchanan and Benedictus are all shite, and you should get them punted ASAP, preferably to a wee one-club county where they can avoid doing any harm. Can't think of any specific team, but there's bound to be one out there.

Considering in recent years we've had regular games against actual big clubs like Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, and they've passed without issue, I don't think that's the problem.

Not owned by, but the rest is probably about right. Either that, or we've declared passive-aggressive war on Kirkcaldy. Try parking a massive bus in front of the away fans in the return game and we'll see if we can escalate from there.

You can slaver some pish in a night

Dave has been fair in the most part. Even if he is big, fat and tabby. A point is a point towards the championship. Alloa will comfortably be in the playoffs this season so it's a good point.

How exactly has cawley never made it at a higher level? He really looks a player every time iv seen him.

Let's be honest, today matters f**k all.
Raith definitely, and Alloa probably will be amongst the shake up at the end of the season. There's just a romance about the opening day fixture which will never go away, and currently I'm glad. Winning 5-1 away on the opening clearly sends messages. But, really, it means not a lot

5 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Players do this all the time.

I recall John Baird shouting the odds all over the place. It's nothing to get out of shape about, players do this all the time, relax.

I agree nothing wrong with players shouting at each other. My point is though when you hear Barr shouting at Spence in the manner he did, he has a cheek getting so precious and reacting to the odd shout from someone in the crowd.

From what I've seen from preseason I struggle to see what you think spence has done so great ...to me standouts preseason were vaughan and buchannan .
Or are you spence haha?
We will see at the end of the season ...too early in the season to be judging

Spence hasn't been great but he put in a power of work yesterday and was about the only player be interested in trying to pressurise any Alloa later in possession.

There are too many in our side who aren't be prepared to put the work in.

Spence hasn't been great but he put in a power of work yesterday and was about the only player be interested in trying to pressurise any Alloa later in possession.

There are too many in our side who aren't be prepared to put the work in.

That's a bit harsh, it's the first game of the season, considering our away form is shan, it was more about damage limitation than anything else

It was a sickener yesterday but still plenty positives. Cawley was superb, a fantastic player on his day and Raith struggled to handle him at points. Taggs was getting so much space in the first half we should have probably capitalised more than we did. Also, credit to Callum Crane who slotted in the team fine and played well. Only met the players an hour and a half before kick off. Even though our strikers still haven't hit the mark, it improved yesterday. We still need another option up there but Malcolm being back made a big difference and I thought he did well. Even his replacement, Renton, looked decent when he came on. Expected more from Fleming at this stage though.

Bitterly disappointing but if we play like that next week we should win. Maybe not all doom & gloom!

The "Ha Ha I Laugh At You" guy was laughing on the other side of his face when Taggart (no 2) set up the goal and generally caused havock in our defense.

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

You can slaver some pish in a night

Really hoping that wasn''t a whoosh I just heard...I doubt anyone else needs the stuff about your players explained.

Archived