Alloa v Raith

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am doing my usual, at a kids birthday party. Even though it's my birthday and the opening day of the new season.

However, looking at the current scoreline, I'm not that fussed.

Mon tae f**k Rovers! should be the new COYR.

Hopefully we can come back second half. Much chance of that?

Didn't deserve to get beat but not much else to take from that. Vaughans delivery from corners were utterly horrible.

Careful now! We all know what happened to the last person to criticise Vaughan.

Utterly frustrating. Smith must take a lot of the blame there. Three man midifield and so narrow that the Alloa right back had the freedom of the pitch, directly leading to the goal. Had more than enough chances to score and didnt, very sloppy play by almost everyone.

Lewis Vaughan is decent though, at least.

We have played better than this, not a great performance too many mistakes but would have taken a draw.

more cghances fell to raith but we looked more like scoring than they did , we must improve and win situations like this ,

that sclaff from fleming when presented with a good scoring chance was embarrasing !!

Firstly, fair play to Alloa who looked very solid despite looking several key players. Excellent goal in terms of passing before we invited Cawley to take his shot.

We were lucky to get a point given the circumstances, but at the same time we created about five or six very good chances. We put all our shots right to the keeper.

Second half and it turned into a really scrappy affair. Defensively, Murray looked poor at centred back and McHattie didn't offer much either. Barr showed a lot of willingness to get on the ball. But in the middle we struggled with a lack of control. Jonny Court gave us some much needed presence up top.

Fortunately Vaughan showed good composure to finish. Recs is definitely one of the most frustrating toughest grounds in the league to visit but ideally we would've had a winning start.

Archived