League Cup - Last 16 Draw

(I know Peterhead could still *technically* qualify but seeing as either Dundee would need to lose 6-0 or United 8-0, I think we can safely say the runner-up will go through)

Seeded:

Celtic

Aberdeen

Rangers

St Johnstone

Ayr United

Falkirk

Motherwell

Dundee/Dundee United

Unseeded:

Livingston

Hibernian

Dunfermline

Hamilton

Ross County

Partick Thistle

Kilmarnock

Dundee/Dundee United

Draw takes place after the conclusion of Dundee vs Dundee United on BT. Also on the BT Sport Facebook page. Ties to be played on either 8th or 9th August.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Partick at home would get a decent crowd in I reckon. We've already bitched Killie so no need to draw them. Away to Hamilton would be a good draw, not been there for a while. No doubt away to County or Livi.

Definitely don't want Killie since we play them a few days before the scheduled date for the ties. Would like to avoid Thistle on similar grounds since we play them early in the league season.

One of the Championship clubs would be preferable for as much as being something different than anything else.

It is hard to optimistic about this, when we'll end up getting the Old Firm in this draw. So I'm guessing Killie will get either Celtic at Parkhead or Rangers at Ibrox.  

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You'll also notice there are only 11 Premiership sides involved in the draw. This is because Hearts were sensationally dumped out at the group stage by the Black & White Delight known as Dunfermline Athletic Football Club.

All Hail Cathro.

Hearts were dumped out by Hearts.  Anyone else was just a bystander.

How are we not seeded if we won group? Accies that is

Seeds are Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers & St Johnstone as the 4 sides who had a bye plus the 4 group winners who amassed the most points (or better GD if multiple teams on same points)

Which is why Ayr are seeded & we're not.

Archived