Thought Connor Murray played really well today. Derek Lyle put in a full shift and showed what heis about. The much criticised Dykes had his best game in ages, read into that what you will, and took his goal well. Marshall, Carmichael and Rankin linked up well on the left and Rooney on the right showed again that he can dribble well when he attacked and set up the second goal. Some reasons to be cheerful which I really didn't expect.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dykes does not read a game, he doesn't get himself into decent goal positions, I don't think he is the answer, I be he won't score against Dundee United

He doesn't have the same footballing intelligence as Dobbie or Lyle but hell who does?

If he works as hard as today in every game it should shut up the moaners.

He's now scored one and set up another (Hamilton) by chasing a lost cause and forcing a mistake from the defence/goalie.

Well Brechin are definitely going down. If they've any chance of staying up they need to be looking to take points from us. They never looked like doing any such thing today and tbh I thought Albion looked better last week. I can't put into words how deflated I felt when we conceded. It was a very accomplished performance today but to lose a goal in a game we totally bossed is extremely disappointing. It was a really well worked goal but from our point of view the defending was just awful. I'll need to see the highlights but Fordyce or Rooney ballsed it up down the right and someone clearly wasn't marking on the left.

Obviously far more positives today though. We played some decent football at times. My mate made a comment which I felt was probably accurate. When Dobbie is playing we tend to punt it more (which clearly doesn't benefit him) yet today we were playing it on the deck. I can't recall many whooshes forward. Play the same way with Dobbie in the side and the goals will come.

When did wee Dan learn to cross? I thought his set pieces were excellent today. Murray's were poor though yet he got more than Dan!

I'd have written this even if he hadn't scored: Dykes put in a great shift today. The fact he actually looked interested was pleasing enough for me. He did really well for the 3rd and his goal was really well taken. Hopefully he builds on this. Same for Rooney. He created the 1st (or 2nd, can't mind now) with a great run and looked decent going through the centre. His defending still looks suspect though.

As good a start we could have hoped for. I think the home game against The Sons will give us a better idea of what kind of season we'll have.

On the subject of Dykes, he should be commended for getting up and carrying on after being cynically chopped in the lead up to our third goal. It summed up the more aggressive/clinical attitude on show from both him and the rest of the team today.

If that had happened in one of our more lethargic League Cup performances I reckon he would have settled for the free-kick in the hope Dobbie could conjure up some magic.

Thought MOM today was Jacobs. He absolutely ran the midfield and seemed to be everywhere.

Thought the first goal was crucial. We always seem to start brightly but if goal doesn't come either heads go down or opposition gets a lift. After the  it gave everyone a lift and they played with more confidence. Around same time players seemed to realise they couldn't take easy option of passing to Dobbie but had to take belief in their own ability and do things them self. 

16 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Listen every team will get 12pts and bonus goals against us .. We re not set up too win matches and sadly committees decided to accept defeats and balance books .. harsh but true ...Us season ticket holders just have to go along with it ..I m not blaming Dods either .I ll get crucified for that statement .. But after previous disasters thats where we are as a club .. 

It's a pity you couldn't have made it to the AGM to voice your concerns ...........or perhaps you were there but didn't have the balls to say it to folks' faces.  

By continually bleating about how shite we are , it makes you sound like a glory seeking OF fan who can't afford the season ticket. 

15 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Dodds defensive tactics are useless,what a twat.When will he realise its not going to work.If we are going to get hammered every week at least go out attacking and try to win instead of being negative.

How can you tell how we defended whilst watching your lot (Alloa) concede a last minute goal yesterday?

Archived